Skip to main content

(very late) Empties from January, February, and March 2017

January Empties:
This was the first month I cut things open to get the most out of them. It was worth it for the eye cream, but not really for the FAB face cream since it dried up so quickly.
~ Caudalie eye cream (sample from Sephora Play): I enjoyed this as much as I would enjoy any eye cream. It felt nice on my eyes and didn't have a scent. Too expensive to repurchase.
~ Fresh Soy face cleanser (Sephora birthday 2016 gift): this was super bland, and I didn't enjoy the cucumber scent. Would not purchase the full size.
~ First Aid Beauty face cream: again, pretty bland. It felt a little too heavy for use on my face during the day, but was decent for night time. Meh, would likely not purchase in the full size, but would use another sample.
~ Pixi eye makeup remover pads: I got these because Tati recommended them. They're supposed to encourage eyelash growth while they remove eye makeup. They didn't do the best job of removing, but I like having them for when I'm feeling too lazy to do a full makeup removal skincare routine.
~ Chloe perfume (Sephora Play sample): I don't really enjoy floral scents. This one was sort of a powdery rose, and it was okay. I finished it, I wouldn't get it again.
~ Stella McCartney "Pop" (sample from Sephora play): this smells synthetic in the best way - it kind of smells like Barbie. Nostalgic plastic is a surprisingly nice scent, but I'm not sure if I like it enough to get a larger size. I would definitely use another sample though.
~ Kat von D tattoo liner in Trooper (sample from Sephora Play): I finally like the way my eyeliner looks. This liner makes it so easy to apply a thin line without irritating my sensitive, blinky eyes. I'm currently using a full size I got in a Sephora Favorites set. Would repurchase.

February Empties
~ FAB red clay cleanser (Sephora Play sample): I like the scent and I feel like it really gets my face clean without making it feel dried out and tight afterward. I just don't like how it leaks out from the lid you have to twist off (kind of slippery to do in the shower). Have already repurchased a full size.
~ Caudalie vinosource face moisturizer (Sephora Play sample): This felt okay on my face, but I did not like the chunky texture. For something that expensive, I expect smooth, not cottage cheese consistency. Would not purchase.
~ Benefit Porefessional (deluxe sample size): I used this as an undereye primer and a bit in my t-zone. I liked it for the undereye since it has a beigey color to it. I might repurchase, but I have quite a few primer samples to go through and primer doesn't excite me that much.
~ Peter Thomas Roth rose stem cell mask: another sample mask from that set I got. I felt luxurious using it, but I don't know if it actually did anything for my skin.

 bonus pan! This is from the Tartelette in Bloom palette.



and last but not least, March Empties
~ FAB face cleanser (Sephora point perk deluxe sample): this smelled like soap, like basic laundry soap. I didn't like it, will not repurchase.
~ Urban Decay Perversion mascara (Sephora Play sample): I really liked this! It lengthened and didn't make my lashes look clumpy. Bonus: it was easy to get off at the end of the day. I would repurchase this if I ever get through my backstock of mascara samples.
~ Ole Henriksen night serum: it's the night part of the 3 little wonders set. I enjoyed using it with the set, but I didn't really see enough results to want to get a larger size.
~ Ole Henriksen sheer transformation moisturizer: this is the second sample I've finished and I have since repurchased in the full size. I usually only use this at night since my makeup can pill up if I use it in the morning.
~ Maybelline master fix setting spray: this had a nice scent and a light spray. I don't know if it extended the wear time of my makeup, but it helped soften the look if I went a little too heavy on blush or something. I would repurchase after I get through my 2 other setting spray samples.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 2018 Empties

Y'all. This month looks pitiful compared to past months. I suspect it's because I've mainly been using full-sized skincare so I'm not blazing through as much as I have been. ~ It cosmetics secret sauce moisturizer sample - was a little too much for my oily skin. would not repurchase. ~ Mario Badescu herbal rehydrating serum sample set - this was a gel moisturizer, so it's no surprise that I liked this one. Might try it again in the future, but I have a lot of moisturizer to go through first. ~ 2 Sephora samples of Commodity Gold perfume - this is a warm, sweet scent that I really enjoy and I currently have a travel-size spray. ~ Living Proof perfect hair day shampoo - if you remember when I finished the conditioner, you'll recall that I hated this pair of shampoo and conditioner and I used it up as a shaving cream. Would not repurchase. ~ Estee Lauder sumptuous infinite mascara - this has a plastic bristle brush, which I normally don't like, but

Pan that Palette March Update

So last month my goals were to hit pan on "5th Ave" and "Marina" and I did not meet them. I did, however, hit pan on "NYC" and I'm happy to have something to show for my time with this thing. Since I used mostly "Marina" and "Paris" I think  I have bigger dips in them, but it's hard to say for sure. Anyway, here's a picture: For this next month's goals, I'm going big - I want to hit pan on "Marina," "Paris," and "5th Ave." Again, we'll see. I'm still working away at "Lula" since I use it in the crease, but it doesn't take very much to do what I need it to do.

February 2018 Empties

I have a couple products in here I'm particularly proud to have finished up. It was a very productive month considering it was the shortest! Clockwise from top left: ~ Marc Jacobs "Decadence" and "Divine Decadence" foil sample card - I honestly can't tell the difference between these two scents, but I do like them. They had a sweet, slightly floral scent. The fiance isn't the biggest fan though, so I would not purchase a larger size. ~ YSL "Mon Paris" sample - I thought I would like this more than I did. It's also a sweet floral, but once on my skin it started to smell more powdery and chemical-y. Would not purchase. ~ Elizabeth and James "Nirvana Black" DS rollerball - I've had this for a while, and I think it started to go off on me. It's a warm and spicy scent that I used to enjoy more. Might repurchase. ~ Too Faced lip injection glossy "Milkshake" - This was a surprise love from last February