Skip to main content

Healthy Habits Challenge - February 2020

I have the habit of spending too much of my money on makeup, and spending too much of my time browsing for makeup and consuming makeup-related media. To counteract this, I make myself "earn" my makeup budget by doing things that are better for my mental and physical health. Here's how I did for the month of February:

Purchases:
~ I bought a birthday gift for a friend at Ulta - does not come out of budget
~ I repurchased my husband some dental floss (does not come out of this budget) at Sephora and got a Bobbi Brown lip gloss as a point perk - $0
~ I purchased a full size of YSL Libre perfume since I loved the sample so much (giving myself grace on this purchase this month) and got the UD brow enhancer brow gel in "Brunette Betty" on sale (counts as a replacement since I destashed my other brow gel when it went bad)
~ ABH Jackie Aina palette - it was on sale at Sephora - I used a $20 gift card so I spent $14.10

Books read ($1 per 100 pages)
~ Cress by Marissa Meyer - 552 pages ($5.52)

Exercise ($1 per workout class attended or $4 per hour of other exercise)
~ 2/2/20 - 1h walk outside - $4
~ 2/3/20 - Orange Theory class - $1
~ 2/5/20 - Orange Theory class - $1
~ 2/7/20 - Orange Theory class - $1
~ 2/16/20 - 1h walk outside - $4
~ 2/17/20 - Orange Theory class - $1
~ 2/19/20 - Orange Theory class - $1
~ 2/20/20 - 30 min walk outside - $2
~ 2/21/20 - Orange Theory class - $1
~ 2/24/20 - Orange Theory class - $1
~ 2/26/20 - Orange Theory class - $1
~ 2/28/20 - Orange Theory class - $1

Money available to spend: $16.82

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 2018 Empties

Y'all. This month looks pitiful compared to past months. I suspect it's because I've mainly been using full-sized skincare so I'm not blazing through as much as I have been. ~ It cosmetics secret sauce moisturizer sample - was a little too much for my oily skin. would not repurchase. ~ Mario Badescu herbal rehydrating serum sample set - this was a gel moisturizer, so it's no surprise that I liked this one. Might try it again in the future, but I have a lot of moisturizer to go through first. ~ 2 Sephora samples of Commodity Gold perfume - this is a warm, sweet scent that I really enjoy and I currently have a travel-size spray. ~ Living Proof perfect hair day shampoo - if you remember when I finished the conditioner, you'll recall that I hated this pair of shampoo and conditioner and I used it up as a shaving cream. Would not repurchase. ~ Estee Lauder sumptuous infinite mascara - this has a plastic bristle brush, which I normally don't like, but

Pan that Palette March Update

So last month my goals were to hit pan on "5th Ave" and "Marina" and I did not meet them. I did, however, hit pan on "NYC" and I'm happy to have something to show for my time with this thing. Since I used mostly "Marina" and "Paris" I think  I have bigger dips in them, but it's hard to say for sure. Anyway, here's a picture: For this next month's goals, I'm going big - I want to hit pan on "Marina," "Paris," and "5th Ave." Again, we'll see. I'm still working away at "Lula" since I use it in the crease, but it doesn't take very much to do what I need it to do.

Finish 5 by Fall - finale

I know this was a short project, but here are my results! 1) Bobbi Brown "Babe" has lived in my purse this month. I think I applied it a few times, but I did pitifully on this product. I ended up being more drawn to my Buxom VaVa Plump in "wine me" which is a dark pink/berry and that should be done in a few days. So some  lip product progress, but not as much as intended. Not enough progress to show a picture. Also I forgot what purse I put it in. Oops. 2) Becca SSP pressed "Moonstone" - I can see the pan, but that might be due more to air bubbles from repressing rather than true progress. 3) ABH Master Palette by Mario, "Lula" - still no pan. I'm going to keep using it as part of my Pan that Palette, so stay tuned. 4) finish "cream" from the original Lorac Pro - complete! I can't reach the little bits in the corners with my brush anymore, and I can't be bothered to repress that little for a second time. 5)