Skip to main content

Thoughts on July Purchases

Soooo, these no-buy attempts are not going great. Technically, this month was a "replacement only low buy" so it's not as bad. But most of these are not replacements. Oh, well. Here we go! (in chronological order)

~ L'Oreal Lash Paradise: Not gonna lie, I bought this because of all the hype it was getting. And I was staring at a pile of deluxe sample mascaras that I didn't pick out myself but still felt compelled to use. So I bought a mascara. I actually really like it! It's volumizing without making my lashes look chunky, and it looks good on my lower lashes too. Would probably repurchase after I get through some more samples.
~ Replica Beach Walk: I've gone through two samples of this, and I love it. On me it smells like coconut and honeysuckle, so it's a great spring/summer perfume. It's been going in and out of stock at Sephora, so I snagged it while it was in stock. No Ragrets.
~ NARS vanilla travel size: I actually haven't used this yet. I've been using a Maybelline FitMe in 15 Fair, and it looks just a hair too dark, so I want to use that as much as I can while it's still summer and I'm getting outside more. I look forward to trying it out though.
~ ABH Subculture: Yep. I did it. Before all the negative reviews came out. I watched them all while waiting for my palette to come in the mail. I should have just waited to buy it from Sephora. I like all the colors, and don't find it as hard to work with as many of my youtubers do. Maybe it's because I'm not a blending master so it doesn't bother me as much if something isn't perfectly blended out. I'm really let down by Cube though (white/pink duochrome). Otherwise, I've enjoyed using it so far, especially when I mix it with my ABH Master Palette by Mario for the shimmers. I wouldn't say it's a must-have, but I'm also not going to go out of my way to return it (mostly because I lost the return shipping label, oops).

Side note: I've held strong so far through August! I went to Sephora and only bought a birthday gift for a friend and that's it! Fingers crossed I can finish strong. I already made it through Ulta 20% off and 2x points and I'm nearing the end of Sephora 4x points. My goal is to make it until the stores' birthday gifts in September.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 2018 Empties

Y'all. This month looks pitiful compared to past months. I suspect it's because I've mainly been using full-sized skincare so I'm not blazing through as much as I have been. ~ It cosmetics secret sauce moisturizer sample - was a little too much for my oily skin. would not repurchase. ~ Mario Badescu herbal rehydrating serum sample set - this was a gel moisturizer, so it's no surprise that I liked this one. Might try it again in the future, but I have a lot of moisturizer to go through first. ~ 2 Sephora samples of Commodity Gold perfume - this is a warm, sweet scent that I really enjoy and I currently have a travel-size spray. ~ Living Proof perfect hair day shampoo - if you remember when I finished the conditioner, you'll recall that I hated this pair of shampoo and conditioner and I used it up as a shaving cream. Would not repurchase. ~ Estee Lauder sumptuous infinite mascara - this has a plastic bristle brush, which I normally don't like, but

Pan that Palette March Update

So last month my goals were to hit pan on "5th Ave" and "Marina" and I did not meet them. I did, however, hit pan on "NYC" and I'm happy to have something to show for my time with this thing. Since I used mostly "Marina" and "Paris" I think  I have bigger dips in them, but it's hard to say for sure. Anyway, here's a picture: For this next month's goals, I'm going big - I want to hit pan on "Marina," "Paris," and "5th Ave." Again, we'll see. I'm still working away at "Lula" since I use it in the crease, but it doesn't take very much to do what I need it to do.

February 2018 Empties

I have a couple products in here I'm particularly proud to have finished up. It was a very productive month considering it was the shortest! Clockwise from top left: ~ Marc Jacobs "Decadence" and "Divine Decadence" foil sample card - I honestly can't tell the difference between these two scents, but I do like them. They had a sweet, slightly floral scent. The fiance isn't the biggest fan though, so I would not purchase a larger size. ~ YSL "Mon Paris" sample - I thought I would like this more than I did. It's also a sweet floral, but once on my skin it started to smell more powdery and chemical-y. Would not purchase. ~ Elizabeth and James "Nirvana Black" DS rollerball - I've had this for a while, and I think it started to go off on me. It's a warm and spicy scent that I used to enjoy more. Might repurchase. ~ Too Faced lip injection glossy "Milkshake" - This was a surprise love from last February