Skip to main content

12 Pans of Christmas [finale]


1) Urban Decay Revolution lipstick "stark naked" - finished by previous update

2) Sephora gel lipliner "rose wine"- didn't manage to finish this one, and that's okay. I didn't really have a framework for how long a lip liner takes to use up. I'll keep using this, but not as aggressively as I have been.



3) Givenchy mascara sample - I'm going to consider this done since I'll be tossing it at the end of the month. It's starting to dry out on me a little bit. I enjoyed using it, but not enough to want to repurchase. Again, no update picture for this since it's still an opaque mascara tube.

4) Two BB cream sample jars - I finished the Dr Jart++ by the last update and finished the Laura Mercier not long after the update. I definitely prefer the Dr Jart++ and have been using a full size my friend de-stashed to me. The Laura Mercier one felt a bit too greasy on my face, so I would not purchase that one. (no picture for this since I don't feel like finding the generic empty sample jar from my empties bag - you'll see it in my monthly empties post)

5) Ole Henriksen sheer transformation moisturizer - finished by the last update.

6) Josie Maran finishing balm DS - finished by the last update

7) Nars "Goulue" blush DS - My goal was to have this look used, and I did not succeed. This blush will outlive me. I'm now convinced I'll never need to buy a full sized Nars blush. So I guess that part is a win.



8) Lorac Pro "taupe" - I hit pan!



9) Lorac Pro "espresso" - I did not manage to hit pan on this, but it looks like I'm pretty close.



10) Lorac Pro"nude" - I didn't hit pan on this either, but there's a dent there that wasn't there before. Even though I didn't meet two of my goals for this palette, I feel like I got some solid use out of the palette as a whole just from using it for two months. I can put this back in my collection feeling satisfied.



11) Nars Audacious lipstick "Mona" - I wore this twice. It's a good red, and I don't need another. I just need to keep wearing this one when the red mood strikes.



12) Marc Jacobs lipstick "slow burn" - I didn't finish this, but I made a good dent by using it exclusively for a month or so. I'm ready to use some other lip products, so I'm going to take a break from panning this one, but might go back to it in the future.



Final count - 6/12 goals hit.
I would have liked to see more pan in the Lorac Pro, but overall I'm satisfied with how I did in this project. I'm going to enjoy playing with the rest of my makeup for a while, but I'll be on the lookout for another seasonal project pan to tag along with.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 2018 Empties

Y'all. This month looks pitiful compared to past months. I suspect it's because I've mainly been using full-sized skincare so I'm not blazing through as much as I have been. ~ It cosmetics secret sauce moisturizer sample - was a little too much for my oily skin. would not repurchase. ~ Mario Badescu herbal rehydrating serum sample set - this was a gel moisturizer, so it's no surprise that I liked this one. Might try it again in the future, but I have a lot of moisturizer to go through first. ~ 2 Sephora samples of Commodity Gold perfume - this is a warm, sweet scent that I really enjoy and I currently have a travel-size spray. ~ Living Proof perfect hair day shampoo - if you remember when I finished the conditioner, you'll recall that I hated this pair of shampoo and conditioner and I used it up as a shaving cream. Would not repurchase. ~ Estee Lauder sumptuous infinite mascara - this has a plastic bristle brush, which I normally don't like, but

Pan that Palette March Update

So last month my goals were to hit pan on "5th Ave" and "Marina" and I did not meet them. I did, however, hit pan on "NYC" and I'm happy to have something to show for my time with this thing. Since I used mostly "Marina" and "Paris" I think  I have bigger dips in them, but it's hard to say for sure. Anyway, here's a picture: For this next month's goals, I'm going big - I want to hit pan on "Marina," "Paris," and "5th Ave." Again, we'll see. I'm still working away at "Lula" since I use it in the crease, but it doesn't take very much to do what I need it to do.

February 2018 Empties

I have a couple products in here I'm particularly proud to have finished up. It was a very productive month considering it was the shortest! Clockwise from top left: ~ Marc Jacobs "Decadence" and "Divine Decadence" foil sample card - I honestly can't tell the difference between these two scents, but I do like them. They had a sweet, slightly floral scent. The fiance isn't the biggest fan though, so I would not purchase a larger size. ~ YSL "Mon Paris" sample - I thought I would like this more than I did. It's also a sweet floral, but once on my skin it started to smell more powdery and chemical-y. Would not purchase. ~ Elizabeth and James "Nirvana Black" DS rollerball - I've had this for a while, and I think it started to go off on me. It's a warm and spicy scent that I used to enjoy more. Might repurchase. ~ Too Faced lip injection glossy "Milkshake" - This was a surprise love from last February