Skip to main content

January 2018 Empties (& a few pans!)

I really moved through some skincare last month. I realized that I have a ton of the minis I love so much, so now that I've used up some full sizes I can work on the minis. I also hit pan on a few new shadows (yay!).

~ Viva la Juicy Noir sample - this smelled like the body spray I got bombarded with in high school/middle school locker rooms after gym class. It's a sweet scent, and I would probably like it more if I didn't have that association.
~ Gucci Bloom sample - I loved this, but maybe not on me? Florals make me feel fancy, but they also make me sneeze. I have another sample of this, so we'll see if my opinion changes after that one.
~ Kat von D tattoo liner in "trooper" - This thing lasted me about a year, and was incredible easy to use. I've started to hear some questionable things about Kat von D (as a person, not the brand), so I bought a Clinique liner to replace this one.
~ Belif peat miracle revital eye cream - I thought this actually made my under eyes look brighter. That's not what it's advertised to do though, so maybe it's all in my head. I have another sample of this, so I'll make my repurchase decision after that.
~ Estee Lauder advanced night repair - meh. There wasn't much product in the sample, so it's hard to make a judgment. Would use another sample, but wouldn't purchase.
~ First Aid Beauty red clay cleanser - Made my face feel clean without feeling too dried out. I have a bunch of backup cleansers to go through, but I might repurchase this one after I make it through those.
~ Sunday Riley Ceramic Slip cleanser - This smelled like paint, and I didn't notice any difference in my skin. Would not repurchase.
~ GlamGlow glowstarter moisturizer - Shimmery and smells a little like oranges. I'm currently working through a second DS, but likely will not repurchase.
~ Shiseido sunscreen - This didn't interact with makeup I put over it, but leaves a white cast so it's not the best for a bare face. Might repurchase.
~ Drunk Elephant C-firma day serum - I really like this vitamin C product, it just hurts me that it's so expensive. If I don't find something better at a better price point I would repurchase.
~ Drunk Elephant TLC Framboos glycolic night serum - also liked this, but not as much as the C-firma. Might repurchase, but the cost gives me pause.
~ Kate Somerville exfolikate - nice exfoliant, but expensive. Smells like fall spices, which was nice. Probably won't repurchase.
~ Briogeo curl charisma - Not my favorite of my leave-in after shower curl things, so I would not repurchase. It made my hair feel heavier, and it got greasy a little faster.
~ The Creme Shop face masks - more skintertainment. No need to repurchase these specifically, but they weren't bad.

Bonus pans! (okay, slivers of pan. But I'll take it!)

I've been using "pink cream" to set my primer, so it's about time - considering how soft these shadows are it took me quite a while.


"Smarty pants" is the new one. I used it as a crease shade, and also on my lower lash line, hence the sliver of pan. This is my oldest palette, so I'm really trying to get some good use out of it. I will have had it 2 years this April.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 2018 Empties

Y'all. This month looks pitiful compared to past months. I suspect it's because I've mainly been using full-sized skincare so I'm not blazing through as much as I have been. ~ It cosmetics secret sauce moisturizer sample - was a little too much for my oily skin. would not repurchase. ~ Mario Badescu herbal rehydrating serum sample set - this was a gel moisturizer, so it's no surprise that I liked this one. Might try it again in the future, but I have a lot of moisturizer to go through first. ~ 2 Sephora samples of Commodity Gold perfume - this is a warm, sweet scent that I really enjoy and I currently have a travel-size spray. ~ Living Proof perfect hair day shampoo - if you remember when I finished the conditioner, you'll recall that I hated this pair of shampoo and conditioner and I used it up as a shaving cream. Would not repurchase. ~ Estee Lauder sumptuous infinite mascara - this has a plastic bristle brush, which I normally don't like, but

Pan that Palette March Update

So last month my goals were to hit pan on "5th Ave" and "Marina" and I did not meet them. I did, however, hit pan on "NYC" and I'm happy to have something to show for my time with this thing. Since I used mostly "Marina" and "Paris" I think  I have bigger dips in them, but it's hard to say for sure. Anyway, here's a picture: For this next month's goals, I'm going big - I want to hit pan on "Marina," "Paris," and "5th Ave." Again, we'll see. I'm still working away at "Lula" since I use it in the crease, but it doesn't take very much to do what I need it to do.

February 2018 Empties

I have a couple products in here I'm particularly proud to have finished up. It was a very productive month considering it was the shortest! Clockwise from top left: ~ Marc Jacobs "Decadence" and "Divine Decadence" foil sample card - I honestly can't tell the difference between these two scents, but I do like them. They had a sweet, slightly floral scent. The fiance isn't the biggest fan though, so I would not purchase a larger size. ~ YSL "Mon Paris" sample - I thought I would like this more than I did. It's also a sweet floral, but once on my skin it started to smell more powdery and chemical-y. Would not purchase. ~ Elizabeth and James "Nirvana Black" DS rollerball - I've had this for a while, and I think it started to go off on me. It's a warm and spicy scent that I used to enjoy more. Might repurchase. ~ Too Faced lip injection glossy "Milkshake" - This was a surprise love from last February