Skip to main content

April 2018 Empties

I finished off quite a few large items this month, and my skincare minis drawer is looking a little more sparse. My mission to use up all my stuff before I move is coming along nicely (another series of posts, I know). 


~ Clinique pep-start hydroblur moisturizer - I remember enjoying this more the last time I used it. I felt like it sat on top of my skin more than it sank in. I've also been using a blurring sunscreen, so I felt a bit too blurred this month.
~ Christophe Robin salt scrub - This was a nice scalp scrub. I couldn't use it too often since it dried out my hair. I also find salt crystals in my ears for days afterward, though that's more user error. I might repurchase the travel size.
~ liquid Beauty Blender cleanser - I didn't want to like an overpriced brush cleaner, but it gets my sponge so much cleaner than the baby shampoo I currently use. I might repurchase at some point.
~ Vanilla Bean Noel lotion - Finally finished the Christmas lotion. Fun fact: this is green lotion. It took me a long time to figure that out. It was a bit too sweet for me, so I don't think I'll repurchase it next year.
~ IT Cosmetics confidence in a cream - I accidentally used this as an eye cream for most of it. It was a little too thick for my face cream needs and an average eye cream. Would not repurchase.
~ Caudalie Vine[activ] serum - This was a nicely glowy night serum, but I don't think I need hardcore anti-aging benefits yet. Would not repurchase at this point.
~ Tata Harper repairative moisturizer - This smelled like herbal paint, and I hated it. It was an okay moisturizer, but I wouldn't repurchase due to the smell.
~ Belif moisturizing bomb - I took this on a trip, and it was the perfect size for travel. I still think I prefer the aqua bomb, but I'll happily use up my other sample of this.
~ Cane & Austin miracle pads - Glycolic acid pads. 2 is not enough to really know how well they work. Probably wouldn't repurchase since I still have First Aid Beauty pads that are similar.
~ Cover FX mattifying primer - I really liked this. I think it made my foundation stay matte a little bit longer. Would repurchase once I get through some more primer.
~ Josie Maran moisturizing sunscreen - It was SPF 47, which seems very specific. It was very thick and smelled like fancy oatmeal. Wouldn't repurchase since it's a bit heavier than what I need.
~ Hourglass Veil Mineral primer - Honestly, I'm not sure what I think about this after using it twice. I have a deluxe sized sample, so I'll probably have opinions after using that.
~ Make Up For Ever ultra HD foundation in R230 - The color match was good, but I think I'd like a bit more coverage.
~ Urban Decay Troublemaker mascara - This had a plastic bristle wand with different types of bristles on each side. I never really found a way to vibe with it, so I would not repurchase.
~ Living Proof perfect hair day in-shower styler - once I figured out the right way to use it (basically the right amount of rinsing in the shower), I really enjoyed the amount of curl/wave I got from this. Not sure if I like it better than my other curly products. Would maybe repurchase.
~ OGX argan oil - There's still product in here, but nothing else would spray out. This made my hair nice and soft after washing. I enjoyed it, and might repurchase.
~ NARS powermatte lip pigment in American Woman - I enjoyed this more than I usually like liquid lipsticks. It wasn't too drying and looked decent when reapplied. Probably would not purchase since I previously decluttered all of my liquid lipsticks.
~ Clinique Happy perfume - This grew on me as I wore it. It's a light floral, and it's almost a bit fruity. I have a few perfumes I like more, so I probably would not repurchase.
~ Fresh life perfume - This was lemony fresh. Smelled too much like a cleaning product for my taste. Would not repurchase.
~ Prada Candy perfume sample - This was very sweet. I'm not sure if it was a cheap sweet or an expensive sweet, and for an expensive perfume I would like for it to clearly be the latter. Would not repurchase, but might use another sample.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 2018 Empties

Y'all. This month looks pitiful compared to past months. I suspect it's because I've mainly been using full-sized skincare so I'm not blazing through as much as I have been. ~ It cosmetics secret sauce moisturizer sample - was a little too much for my oily skin. would not repurchase. ~ Mario Badescu herbal rehydrating serum sample set - this was a gel moisturizer, so it's no surprise that I liked this one. Might try it again in the future, but I have a lot of moisturizer to go through first. ~ 2 Sephora samples of Commodity Gold perfume - this is a warm, sweet scent that I really enjoy and I currently have a travel-size spray. ~ Living Proof perfect hair day shampoo - if you remember when I finished the conditioner, you'll recall that I hated this pair of shampoo and conditioner and I used it up as a shaving cream. Would not repurchase. ~ Estee Lauder sumptuous infinite mascara - this has a plastic bristle brush, which I normally don't like, but

Pan that Palette March Update

So last month my goals were to hit pan on "5th Ave" and "Marina" and I did not meet them. I did, however, hit pan on "NYC" and I'm happy to have something to show for my time with this thing. Since I used mostly "Marina" and "Paris" I think  I have bigger dips in them, but it's hard to say for sure. Anyway, here's a picture: For this next month's goals, I'm going big - I want to hit pan on "Marina," "Paris," and "5th Ave." Again, we'll see. I'm still working away at "Lula" since I use it in the crease, but it doesn't take very much to do what I need it to do.

February 2018 Empties

I have a couple products in here I'm particularly proud to have finished up. It was a very productive month considering it was the shortest! Clockwise from top left: ~ Marc Jacobs "Decadence" and "Divine Decadence" foil sample card - I honestly can't tell the difference between these two scents, but I do like them. They had a sweet, slightly floral scent. The fiance isn't the biggest fan though, so I would not purchase a larger size. ~ YSL "Mon Paris" sample - I thought I would like this more than I did. It's also a sweet floral, but once on my skin it started to smell more powdery and chemical-y. Would not purchase. ~ Elizabeth and James "Nirvana Black" DS rollerball - I've had this for a while, and I think it started to go off on me. It's a warm and spicy scent that I used to enjoy more. Might repurchase. ~ Too Faced lip injection glossy "Milkshake" - This was a surprise love from last February