Skip to main content

Project Use It Up - update

Here's what my checklist looked like at the end of April. There are more pictures of certain products I thought would be interesting to see. Some of them aren't pictured either because they'd be boring or because I've since finished them off. I'll probably end up spoiling which is which. As a reminder, the ones with checks have been finished and the ones with blank circles are still in progress. As I meet my goals, I add in a new one at the end of the list. Between each month, I'll take off the ones completed at the last update so this list doesn't become unmanageably long.

Here's what we're working with for May:


 - I used up two candles, and I was sad to see the "Happy" candle go. My scent-hating fiance actually enjoyed that one too. Maybe someday I won't have 7 million candles and I can repurchase it.
- The items in progress at the beginning are going to take a long time. I got ambitious with the full-sized items.
- I finished the brow gel and the glamglow cleanser between the screenshot of this list and the writing of the post. I'll talk about them in my next empties post. See most recent empties for descriptions of the other used up cosmetics/perfumes.


- This is "Very Hollywood" by Michael Kors. It was my first fancy perfume, received as a Christmas gift I don't even know how long ago. Left: the first line is where I started in the middle of the month when I rolled it in; the lower line is where I ended April. Right: now you know what I mean by 2nd row of dots - I want to get through the middle part of the pattern on the bottle. It still has too much sentimental value to totally pan. 


- This thing is going to take so long. Note to self: do not buy face mist at TJ Maxx or Marshall's. You do not need face mist. All it does is enhance my orange scent in the morning. (The lower line is where I ended in April.)

- Ooh, look! The makeup part! I can sometimes see windows in the lip gloss and concealer. And now you can see how much I have left of the L'Oreal eyeliner and the lip liner (rolled up all the way, hopefully will be done soon).
- Face lotion in a tub is boring and the candle burns poorly so I can't make lines on it. Boo.

As an aside, I'm also trying to work through all of my foil samples, but I don't put them in here since they're finished in under a month. Every thing I finish is one fewer item to pack and take with me when I move.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 2018 Empties

Y'all. This month looks pitiful compared to past months. I suspect it's because I've mainly been using full-sized skincare so I'm not blazing through as much as I have been. ~ It cosmetics secret sauce moisturizer sample - was a little too much for my oily skin. would not repurchase. ~ Mario Badescu herbal rehydrating serum sample set - this was a gel moisturizer, so it's no surprise that I liked this one. Might try it again in the future, but I have a lot of moisturizer to go through first. ~ 2 Sephora samples of Commodity Gold perfume - this is a warm, sweet scent that I really enjoy and I currently have a travel-size spray. ~ Living Proof perfect hair day shampoo - if you remember when I finished the conditioner, you'll recall that I hated this pair of shampoo and conditioner and I used it up as a shaving cream. Would not repurchase. ~ Estee Lauder sumptuous infinite mascara - this has a plastic bristle brush, which I normally don't like, but

Pan that Palette March Update

So last month my goals were to hit pan on "5th Ave" and "Marina" and I did not meet them. I did, however, hit pan on "NYC" and I'm happy to have something to show for my time with this thing. Since I used mostly "Marina" and "Paris" I think  I have bigger dips in them, but it's hard to say for sure. Anyway, here's a picture: For this next month's goals, I'm going big - I want to hit pan on "Marina," "Paris," and "5th Ave." Again, we'll see. I'm still working away at "Lula" since I use it in the crease, but it doesn't take very much to do what I need it to do.

February 2018 Empties

I have a couple products in here I'm particularly proud to have finished up. It was a very productive month considering it was the shortest! Clockwise from top left: ~ Marc Jacobs "Decadence" and "Divine Decadence" foil sample card - I honestly can't tell the difference between these two scents, but I do like them. They had a sweet, slightly floral scent. The fiance isn't the biggest fan though, so I would not purchase a larger size. ~ YSL "Mon Paris" sample - I thought I would like this more than I did. It's also a sweet floral, but once on my skin it started to smell more powdery and chemical-y. Would not purchase. ~ Elizabeth and James "Nirvana Black" DS rollerball - I've had this for a while, and I think it started to go off on me. It's a warm and spicy scent that I used to enjoy more. Might repurchase. ~ Too Faced lip injection glossy "Milkshake" - This was a surprise love from last February