Skip to main content

May/June 2018 Empties

I'm in the midst of a few transitions right now, so my empties posting schedule will be a bit wonky for a while. I just got back from my honeymoon and I didn't feel like separating things out based on month. So the first photo will be honeymoon-specific empties (didn't want to take my trash home this time) and the second will be things finished at home. I'm glad I was able to clear so much out!

~ Laura Mercier pressed setting powder - did not survive the flight. I loved this as my undereye setting powder and will hopefully repurchase at some point (too many powders right now).
~ Algenist Genius Vitamin C serum foil sample - I liked this, but couldn't really tell a difference with this size of sample.
~ Replica Beach Walk Sephora sample - love this perfume. On me it smells like honeysuckle and coconuts. But one of my Youtubers called it "Grandmas on the Boardwalk" so I'd recommend getting a sample first.
~ Hourglass "Peacemaker" lipstick DS - This was a nice my lips but better color. Wore like a balm, and easy to reapply. I brought it to my wedding for touch ups.

And now for the rest! My husband's watch, headphones, etc also made it into the picture - I did not use those up.
~ Ole Henriksen truth serum - purchased from TJ Maxx, so I'm not sure how effective this one was. I might buy another new one, but I'm not sure yet.
~ Purity pore extractor mask foil sample - decent exfoliant. I have a DS too, so I'll give more detailed thoughts after that.
~ Purity cleanser foil sample - good basic cleanser, makes me feel clean but not tight. Might purchase one of these days but I keep getting distracted.
~ Fresh cleanser DS - good sensitive skin cleanser that I brought on trips so both of us could use it. I'll keep using samples, but wouldn't purchase. Mostly because there are so many samples out there.
~ GlamGlow supercleanse - I hated this packaging. It wouldn't come out of the pump so I had to remove the top and pump it out the middle - not fun. Would not purchase.
~ GlamGlow galacticleanse foil sample - glittery cleanser that wasn't bad. Wouldn't purchase.
~ Youth to the People Kale cleanser foil sample - decent cleanser, but full size is a glass bottle (DS previously dropped in shower). Would not purchase since I'm clumsy.
~ Herbivore blue tansy mask DS - This had a kind of fruity scent, but I'm not sure what it was supposed to do and if I saw results. Would not repurchase.
~ AmorePacific cushion sunscreen - Interesting concept, but I don't think it enabled me to apply enough sunscreen for adequate protection. Probably wouldn't purchase.
~ Neogen Dermatology sunscreen - light sunscreen that felt nice on the skin. Might repurchase.
~ AmorePacific future response age defense serum DS - this made my skin feel really soft as a night serum. But this brand is super expensive, so probably wouldn't repurchase at this point.
~ Murad invisiblur perfecting shield - used as both sunscreen and blurring primer. Decent for both. Might repurchase.
~ Clinique all about eyes cream - great day or night eye cream for providing light moisture. Will probably repurchase at some point.
~ ABH clear brow gel travel size - Good hold, but doesn't look crunchy. Might repurchase when I finish my current gel.
~ Sephora Collection lipliner "rose wine" - a bit of a dark color for spring, and felt more like a lipstick than a liner. Probably wouldn't repurchase.
~ Glossier priming moisturizer - nice and light, didn't react with makeup. Might repurchase.
~ Korres wild rose smoothie moisturizer - meh, it was fine. Wouldn't repurchase.
~ Ren flash hydro-boost instant plumping emulsion - this was supposed to be used as a pre-moisturizer. I think it helped add moisture? But I don't really have a need for super-hydration so it wasn't necessary for me. Wouldn't repurchase.
~ Gucci Bloom sample - lovely floral scent. Probably would not purchase, happy to get samples.
~ J'Adore Dior sample - Just FYI, all of these Dior samples came in opaque sprayers, probably to hide the fact that they had very little product in them. Hence why I could use up so many. This was a light floral scent that was just okay to me. Would not purchase.
~ Miss Dior absolutely blooming sample - Heavier floral. Would not purchase.
~ Stella Peony sample - warm floral. Would use another sample, probably wouldn't purchase.
~ Dior Poison Girl sample - also warm floral. Might use another sample.
~ Mugler Angel Muse sample - to be honest, this didn't make an impression on me and I can't remember anything about it.
~ another Replica Beach Walk - talked about it above
~ Briogeo Rosarco Milk DS - This leave-in conditioner made my hair feel really soft without feeling greasy after washing. Have already repurchased the full size.
~ Suave Keratin infusion dry shampoo - Meh. This was more of a volumizing rather than a cleaning dry shampoo. Sent by Influenster when I still used it. Would not repurchase.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 2018 Empties

Y'all. This month looks pitiful compared to past months. I suspect it's because I've mainly been using full-sized skincare so I'm not blazing through as much as I have been. ~ It cosmetics secret sauce moisturizer sample - was a little too much for my oily skin. would not repurchase. ~ Mario Badescu herbal rehydrating serum sample set - this was a gel moisturizer, so it's no surprise that I liked this one. Might try it again in the future, but I have a lot of moisturizer to go through first. ~ 2 Sephora samples of Commodity Gold perfume - this is a warm, sweet scent that I really enjoy and I currently have a travel-size spray. ~ Living Proof perfect hair day shampoo - if you remember when I finished the conditioner, you'll recall that I hated this pair of shampoo and conditioner and I used it up as a shaving cream. Would not repurchase. ~ Estee Lauder sumptuous infinite mascara - this has a plastic bristle brush, which I normally don't like, but

Pan that Palette March Update

So last month my goals were to hit pan on "5th Ave" and "Marina" and I did not meet them. I did, however, hit pan on "NYC" and I'm happy to have something to show for my time with this thing. Since I used mostly "Marina" and "Paris" I think  I have bigger dips in them, but it's hard to say for sure. Anyway, here's a picture: For this next month's goals, I'm going big - I want to hit pan on "Marina," "Paris," and "5th Ave." Again, we'll see. I'm still working away at "Lula" since I use it in the crease, but it doesn't take very much to do what I need it to do.

February 2018 Empties

I have a couple products in here I'm particularly proud to have finished up. It was a very productive month considering it was the shortest! Clockwise from top left: ~ Marc Jacobs "Decadence" and "Divine Decadence" foil sample card - I honestly can't tell the difference between these two scents, but I do like them. They had a sweet, slightly floral scent. The fiance isn't the biggest fan though, so I would not purchase a larger size. ~ YSL "Mon Paris" sample - I thought I would like this more than I did. It's also a sweet floral, but once on my skin it started to smell more powdery and chemical-y. Would not purchase. ~ Elizabeth and James "Nirvana Black" DS rollerball - I've had this for a while, and I think it started to go off on me. It's a warm and spicy scent that I used to enjoy more. Might repurchase. ~ Too Faced lip injection glossy "Milkshake" - This was a surprise love from last February