Skip to main content

September 2018 Empties

Since the September empties overlapped with a little bit of August, this was quite the spread of used products! I worked through a lot of samples, and decluttered a few products as well. I'll do the empty products first:

Skincare:
~ Sephora pineapple face mask: this felt nice and refreshing on my face. Would maybe repurchase.
~ Shiseido ultimate sun protection lotion: light, smooth sunscreen. I would consider purchasing this one. I tried one in the past that was thicker and white, while this one is thin and pinky - need to make sure I would be repurchasing the right one.
~ Supergoop everyday sunscreen: basic face sunscreen, no complaints
~ Tarte tarteguard sunscreen: hated it. packaging was non-functional (pump doesn't pump), it's thick, and it's heavily scented. Would not purchase.
~ Tatcha deep cleanse: exfoliating cleanser, that left my face feeling clean without feeling stripped. I don't know if I need to exfoliate every day, but I enjoyed using this.
~ Boscia makeup-breakup cool cleansing oil: did a decent job of removing my makeup, but I still prefer my Clinique cleansing balm. Would not purchase.

Perfume:
~ Replica "wicked love": light, grassy scent. not really "me" but I enjoyed the sample. Would not repurchase
~ Hollister "Malaia" fragrance: this reminds me of the way the Hollister store smells, which reminds me of middle school. I liked the nostalgia of this perfume, but I wouldn't repurchase it.
~ Replica "Beach Walk": I've used up so many of these little samples, still love it.
~ Tom Ford "Soleil Blanc": similar summery notes to Beach Walk, but more powdery and a whole lot more expensive - would not purchase

Hair products:
~ Bumble & Bumble pret a powder dry shampoo: light, left very little texture behind, did a pretty good job of decreasing the oil in my hair. Might repurchase.
~ Living Proof perfect hair day 5-in-1 styling treatment: made my hair disgusting and greasy, but everything seems to do that these days. Either way, would not repurchase.
~ Verb leave-in mist: decent leave-in conditioner, but I enjoy my Briogeo one better. It also got hard to spray out due to its gelatinous texture. Probably wouldn't repurchase.

Makeup:
~ Hourglass veil mineral primer: no complaints, but also didn't do enough to justify the repurchase price. Smoothing, but I need more mattifying.
~ Laura Mercier loose translucent setting powder: I love this and am so sad it's gone. It smoothed the appearance of my skin, and made me look silkier. Would definitely repurchase.
~ ABH brow wiz "chocolate": like the formula of the brow pencil, currently working on another in a different color. I think this one is a bit too dark for my brows (that are already naturally darker than my hair).
~ Cover FX power play foundation "P20": liked this quite a bit, might buy the full size once I get through my Fenty foundation. It was a good shade match and I was decently matte while wearing it.
~ Buxom Va Va Plump "wine me": after seeing the ads for this, I was sure I would never purchase one. I got this sample as an Ulta GWP, and was pleasantly surprised. It went on glossy, and wore well. The shade was out of my comfort zone, but a fun summer bright. I repurchased a different, more autumnal color, but would be open to this one in the future.
~ Jack Black lip balm "natural mint": already knew I liked this formula, still prefer the lemon scent.
~ Tatcha silk canvas primer: enjoyed this a lot more once I looked up how to use it (scrape it out with your nail, don't rub it). Some smoothing effect, and I'm enjoying using the deluxe size I still have. The full size is massive though.
~ Beauty blender: died a moldy death during my most recent moving road trip. Have repurchased the pink one, and am using that one now. After this picture was taken, I cut it apart to see how deep the mold went - totally superficial. I need to put more effort into cleaning my blenders.

Decluttered items:
~ Sally Hansen hard as nails xtreme "breezy blue": didn't reach opacity in 3 coats, and started peeling immediately.
~ Clinique "take on tuesday" lipstick: the pink color looked cheap on me and didn't wear well
~ Too Faced mascara melt off: the weird little wand on this made it hard to use and I kept forgetting it
~ Ole Henriksen total truth eye cream: expired at the end of September. This has been discontinued.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 2018 Empties

Y'all. This month looks pitiful compared to past months. I suspect it's because I've mainly been using full-sized skincare so I'm not blazing through as much as I have been. ~ It cosmetics secret sauce moisturizer sample - was a little too much for my oily skin. would not repurchase. ~ Mario Badescu herbal rehydrating serum sample set - this was a gel moisturizer, so it's no surprise that I liked this one. Might try it again in the future, but I have a lot of moisturizer to go through first. ~ 2 Sephora samples of Commodity Gold perfume - this is a warm, sweet scent that I really enjoy and I currently have a travel-size spray. ~ Living Proof perfect hair day shampoo - if you remember when I finished the conditioner, you'll recall that I hated this pair of shampoo and conditioner and I used it up as a shaving cream. Would not repurchase. ~ Estee Lauder sumptuous infinite mascara - this has a plastic bristle brush, which I normally don't like, but

Pan that Palette March Update

So last month my goals were to hit pan on "5th Ave" and "Marina" and I did not meet them. I did, however, hit pan on "NYC" and I'm happy to have something to show for my time with this thing. Since I used mostly "Marina" and "Paris" I think  I have bigger dips in them, but it's hard to say for sure. Anyway, here's a picture: For this next month's goals, I'm going big - I want to hit pan on "Marina," "Paris," and "5th Ave." Again, we'll see. I'm still working away at "Lula" since I use it in the crease, but it doesn't take very much to do what I need it to do.

February 2018 Empties

I have a couple products in here I'm particularly proud to have finished up. It was a very productive month considering it was the shortest! Clockwise from top left: ~ Marc Jacobs "Decadence" and "Divine Decadence" foil sample card - I honestly can't tell the difference between these two scents, but I do like them. They had a sweet, slightly floral scent. The fiance isn't the biggest fan though, so I would not purchase a larger size. ~ YSL "Mon Paris" sample - I thought I would like this more than I did. It's also a sweet floral, but once on my skin it started to smell more powdery and chemical-y. Would not purchase. ~ Elizabeth and James "Nirvana Black" DS rollerball - I've had this for a while, and I think it started to go off on me. It's a warm and spicy scent that I used to enjoy more. Might repurchase. ~ Too Faced lip injection glossy "Milkshake" - This was a surprise love from last February