Skip to main content

February 2019 Empties

Decent bit of products out this past month. Some of these were a while in the making, so I'm happy to be moving things out.


~ Living Proof perfect hair day dry shampoo - I've discovered that I don't like most Living Proof products, but I did enjoy this. I'd use up more deluxe sizes, but I doubt I'll buy a full size in the future.
~ Ole Henriksen truth facial water - This is the old packaging, purchased at TJ Maxx just because of the brand name, not from any real desire for the product itself (mistake). Will not repurchase. I'm still working through another facial spray I bought at the same time.
~ Drunk Elephant Protini Polypeptide Cream - Y'all know I love a lightweight gel moisturizer, and I already have a full size of this waiting in the wings.
~ Sephora sample of Replica "By the Fireplace" - This has been and is still a favorite of mine, and I'll probably buy this at some point.
~ First Aid Beauty ultra repair face moisturizer - nice, basic moisturizer. It has no scent, it works nicely. Meh. Probably won't repurchase because I'll probably forget about it.
~ Kiehl's ginger leaf & hibiscus firming mask - It's an overnight mask, and I haven't used too many of those. No complaints, but it was nothing to rave about for me.
~ Tatcha the deep cleanse - I've used a deluxe size of this before, and I still don't enjoy it enough to pick it up at that price tag.
~ Clinique mild liquid facial soap - Like most Clinique products for me, it was decent. It doesn't irritate my skin, but I don't love it. I'm not likely to go out and purchase this.
~ Stila glitter & glow "kitten karma" - This dried out very quickly, which is disappointing. I still have a full size in "smoldering satin" and don't currently feel the need for any more than that. One of my Youtubers described these as "glitter for fools" because it's so easy to apply, and I am, indeed, a fool who prefers this product to any loose or pressed glitter.
~ Tom's deodorant - I don't usually put hygiene products in my empties, and I promise I use deodorant on the regular. This is only in here because I straight-up hated it and managed to finish it anyway. I'm trying to make the transition to natural deodorant, but haven't found one that works well enough for me yet.
~ Lush Deep Sleep shower jelly - Again, hygiene product. Only in here because I have something to say. I don't like solid gels in the shower, and I should not buy more. It seems like a good idea until it breaks up into gel chunks as I scrub in the shower. I have another gel like this from Bath and Body Works, but NO MORE.
~ Ole Henriksen banana bright eye creme - It's brightening because it's tinted orange-yellow. Felt kind of slippy on the eye, like it never really sunk in. Would not repurchase.
~ Ole Henriksen oil control cleanser - This was cleansing without making my skin feel tight after getting out of the shower. I'm not sure how much oil-controlling power it had, so I probably wouldn't repurchase this over other face cleansers I've tried or would like to try. Also wasn't a fan of the slightly minty scent.

Not pictured (thrown away on vacation because I didn't want to repack my trash):
~ Briogeo Curl Charisma shampoo and conditioner sample packets: These were okay. We were in Hawaii, so it's hard to say if it was the humidity or this combo that gave me added curls. Don't feel the need to repurchase.
~ Origins mattifying moisturizer foil packet: This worked decently, considering I'm usually a greaseball, even more so in Hawaii (my husband's family lives there so we've been before for visits, not because we're fabulously wealthy and vacation constantly). I would consider trying this again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 2018 Empties

Y'all. This month looks pitiful compared to past months. I suspect it's because I've mainly been using full-sized skincare so I'm not blazing through as much as I have been. ~ It cosmetics secret sauce moisturizer sample - was a little too much for my oily skin. would not repurchase. ~ Mario Badescu herbal rehydrating serum sample set - this was a gel moisturizer, so it's no surprise that I liked this one. Might try it again in the future, but I have a lot of moisturizer to go through first. ~ 2 Sephora samples of Commodity Gold perfume - this is a warm, sweet scent that I really enjoy and I currently have a travel-size spray. ~ Living Proof perfect hair day shampoo - if you remember when I finished the conditioner, you'll recall that I hated this pair of shampoo and conditioner and I used it up as a shaving cream. Would not repurchase. ~ Estee Lauder sumptuous infinite mascara - this has a plastic bristle brush, which I normally don't like, but

Pan that Palette March Update

So last month my goals were to hit pan on "5th Ave" and "Marina" and I did not meet them. I did, however, hit pan on "NYC" and I'm happy to have something to show for my time with this thing. Since I used mostly "Marina" and "Paris" I think  I have bigger dips in them, but it's hard to say for sure. Anyway, here's a picture: For this next month's goals, I'm going big - I want to hit pan on "Marina," "Paris," and "5th Ave." Again, we'll see. I'm still working away at "Lula" since I use it in the crease, but it doesn't take very much to do what I need it to do.

February 2018 Empties

I have a couple products in here I'm particularly proud to have finished up. It was a very productive month considering it was the shortest! Clockwise from top left: ~ Marc Jacobs "Decadence" and "Divine Decadence" foil sample card - I honestly can't tell the difference between these two scents, but I do like them. They had a sweet, slightly floral scent. The fiance isn't the biggest fan though, so I would not purchase a larger size. ~ YSL "Mon Paris" sample - I thought I would like this more than I did. It's also a sweet floral, but once on my skin it started to smell more powdery and chemical-y. Would not purchase. ~ Elizabeth and James "Nirvana Black" DS rollerball - I've had this for a while, and I think it started to go off on me. It's a warm and spicy scent that I used to enjoy more. Might repurchase. ~ Too Faced lip injection glossy "Milkshake" - This was a surprise love from last February