Skip to main content

November 2017 Empties

I'm happy with my skincare progress this past month. My system for using up perfume samples is also still going well, even though the darn things keep coming in. Per usual, here's a picture to be followed by mini-reviews and thoughts:

~ Stella McCartney sample card - I remember this as being a nice floral. Something I would use a sample of, but not necessarily buy.
~ J'Adore by Dior sample card - this smells like perfume to me. I couldn't really discern any specific notes. That said, it smells nice. I probably would not purchase this, partly because it doesn't come in a rollerball.
~ Elizabeth & James Nirvana Amethyst sample - The tobacco flower notes made me smell a bit like a smoker. A powdery smoker. Would not purchase.
~ Josie Maran finishing balm - will discuss in project pan update
~ Urban Decay "Stark Naked" - will discuss in project pan update
~ Maybelline FitMe concealer in 15/fair - This grew on me. It looks a bit too warm right off the wand, but blends in nicely. I have already repurchased.
~ Cover FX illuminating primer DS - This fits with my general thoughts on primer: doesn't really do a whole lot, but I'll slap it on my face if it's free. Would not repurchase. Just trying to go through my samples of glowy primer during the colder/drier month.
~ Peter Thomas Roth 24k gold mask sample - Is gold even good for your skin? This was supposed to be "firming" but I didn't notice a whole lot. Side note: this was the last of the mask sampler I bought last year. Don't think I would buy any of the masks individually, but I would totally buy that sampler again.
~ Ole Henriksen sheer transformation moisturizer - will discuss in project pan update
~ Dr Jart++ disapore BB cream sample - will discuss in project pan update
~ Shiseido ultimune concentrate - I have no idea what this was supposed to be, but I put it all over my face at night. It smelled a bit like salicylic acid products? Don't know. Would not purchase.
~ Shiseido benefiance eye mask - I enjoyed this. Did I enjoy it more than the $5 ones I get from the Sephora brand? Probably not. Would not purchase.
~ Ouai hair mask DS - This made my hair super soft! I just can't get behind the scent all the Ouai products have. Probably would not purchase.
~ Belif Hungarian Water Essence foil sample - Maybe I used this wrong, but it said it was a one-time use and I got four heavy uses out of it. I like that I got to use it that much, but worry I should have bathed in it or something. I don't think I need enough moisture to necessitate a hydrating essence as an added step, but it was nice to try out.
~ Boscia charcoal makeup melter - This did a decent job removing my makeup, but not as good as my Clinique balm. Also it smelled like paint. I'm glad I got to try it, but I would not purchase it.

Bonus! Buddy has chosen the concealer as his favorite empty.


Stay tuned for my 12 Pans of Christmas update!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 2018 Empties

Y'all. This month looks pitiful compared to past months. I suspect it's because I've mainly been using full-sized skincare so I'm not blazing through as much as I have been. ~ It cosmetics secret sauce moisturizer sample - was a little too much for my oily skin. would not repurchase. ~ Mario Badescu herbal rehydrating serum sample set - this was a gel moisturizer, so it's no surprise that I liked this one. Might try it again in the future, but I have a lot of moisturizer to go through first. ~ 2 Sephora samples of Commodity Gold perfume - this is a warm, sweet scent that I really enjoy and I currently have a travel-size spray. ~ Living Proof perfect hair day shampoo - if you remember when I finished the conditioner, you'll recall that I hated this pair of shampoo and conditioner and I used it up as a shaving cream. Would not repurchase. ~ Estee Lauder sumptuous infinite mascara - this has a plastic bristle brush, which I normally don't like, but

Pan that Palette March Update

So last month my goals were to hit pan on "5th Ave" and "Marina" and I did not meet them. I did, however, hit pan on "NYC" and I'm happy to have something to show for my time with this thing. Since I used mostly "Marina" and "Paris" I think  I have bigger dips in them, but it's hard to say for sure. Anyway, here's a picture: For this next month's goals, I'm going big - I want to hit pan on "Marina," "Paris," and "5th Ave." Again, we'll see. I'm still working away at "Lula" since I use it in the crease, but it doesn't take very much to do what I need it to do.

February 2018 Empties

I have a couple products in here I'm particularly proud to have finished up. It was a very productive month considering it was the shortest! Clockwise from top left: ~ Marc Jacobs "Decadence" and "Divine Decadence" foil sample card - I honestly can't tell the difference between these two scents, but I do like them. They had a sweet, slightly floral scent. The fiance isn't the biggest fan though, so I would not purchase a larger size. ~ YSL "Mon Paris" sample - I thought I would like this more than I did. It's also a sweet floral, but once on my skin it started to smell more powdery and chemical-y. Would not purchase. ~ Elizabeth and James "Nirvana Black" DS rollerball - I've had this for a while, and I think it started to go off on me. It's a warm and spicy scent that I used to enjoy more. Might repurchase. ~ Too Faced lip injection glossy "Milkshake" - This was a surprise love from last February