Skip to main content

October Empties

Starting with the Fresh packets, going clockwise:

~Fresh soy face cleanser (foil sample): Meh. It was an okay cleanser, but I wasn't the biggest fan of the smell. I have a larger deluxe sample from the Sephora birthday gift to use up too...
~Fresh lotus youth preserve face cream (foil sample): This felt nice going on at night, but I usually woke up feeling oily, so I would not purchase a full size of this.
~Clinique liquid face soap (deluxe sample): I think this was the dry skin version, and I have combination/oily skin. It was fine, and I liked that it smelled like sleepytime tea. I would probably not purchase a full size.
~Sephora outrageous volume mascara: I was able to use this for 4 months before it started looking clumpy. I really liked it at the beginning though! I would consider repurchasing once I work through my mascara samples.
~Elizabeth and James Nirvana Black (Sephora sample): I love the dark, spicy, amber scent of this perfume. I have a Sephora favorites set with this in it, that I'll use next. I also plan to use the full-size perfume voucher to get the full size of this.
~Lush lotion sample: I think this was "healing hands"? It was moisturizing as a hand cream, but I think it's a bit too thick for what I like to use every day.
~Clinique eye serum (deluxe sample): I enjoyed using this at night, since I usually wake up with dry eye skin. I would consider repurchasing after I use up my backup samples of other eye creams.
~Boscia pore pudding (Sephora sample): My skin felt really soft and smooth after using this mask. It's one of the few masks I'd consider repurchasing. Again, after I use up some of my other samples.

How I did on my goals:

~I did finish Nirvana Black!
~I just barely made my goal of using 1/3 of Very Hollywood. It smells like gardenias, which I think I'll enjoy more in the spring and summer. I'll put it aside for later now that I've met my goal.
~Still working on that Clinique lipstick - it's my work lipstick now, but it's the little nub that will not give up.
~oh, yes. All the samples. Mostly skincare, but I'll take it.

November goals:
~Finish my samples of Atelier Sud Magnolia and Elizabeth & James Nirvana Bourbon.
~Finish Clinique Welcome Wednesday lipstick.
~Paint my nails at least once a week.

Bonus pan!
Its a tiny little spot right in the middle of that dip. It's "white" from the Lorac Pro 1 palette. I use it as my base shade to set my eye primer. It's my first eyeshadow pan!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 2018 Empties

Y'all. This month looks pitiful compared to past months. I suspect it's because I've mainly been using full-sized skincare so I'm not blazing through as much as I have been. ~ It cosmetics secret sauce moisturizer sample - was a little too much for my oily skin. would not repurchase. ~ Mario Badescu herbal rehydrating serum sample set - this was a gel moisturizer, so it's no surprise that I liked this one. Might try it again in the future, but I have a lot of moisturizer to go through first. ~ 2 Sephora samples of Commodity Gold perfume - this is a warm, sweet scent that I really enjoy and I currently have a travel-size spray. ~ Living Proof perfect hair day shampoo - if you remember when I finished the conditioner, you'll recall that I hated this pair of shampoo and conditioner and I used it up as a shaving cream. Would not repurchase. ~ Estee Lauder sumptuous infinite mascara - this has a plastic bristle brush, which I normally don't like, but

Pan that Palette March Update

So last month my goals were to hit pan on "5th Ave" and "Marina" and I did not meet them. I did, however, hit pan on "NYC" and I'm happy to have something to show for my time with this thing. Since I used mostly "Marina" and "Paris" I think  I have bigger dips in them, but it's hard to say for sure. Anyway, here's a picture: For this next month's goals, I'm going big - I want to hit pan on "Marina," "Paris," and "5th Ave." Again, we'll see. I'm still working away at "Lula" since I use it in the crease, but it doesn't take very much to do what I need it to do.

February 2018 Empties

I have a couple products in here I'm particularly proud to have finished up. It was a very productive month considering it was the shortest! Clockwise from top left: ~ Marc Jacobs "Decadence" and "Divine Decadence" foil sample card - I honestly can't tell the difference between these two scents, but I do like them. They had a sweet, slightly floral scent. The fiance isn't the biggest fan though, so I would not purchase a larger size. ~ YSL "Mon Paris" sample - I thought I would like this more than I did. It's also a sweet floral, but once on my skin it started to smell more powdery and chemical-y. Would not purchase. ~ Elizabeth and James "Nirvana Black" DS rollerball - I've had this for a while, and I think it started to go off on me. It's a warm and spicy scent that I used to enjoy more. Might repurchase. ~ Too Faced lip injection glossy "Milkshake" - This was a surprise love from last February