Skip to main content

Usage Goals for 2017

I keep track of my makeup usage in the "vanity" section of Temptalia's blog. It lets me add most of my products (some aren't in the database) with spaces for when it was purchased, opened, and last used, as well as making notes. I mark project pan items as well as if I want to finish it this year. Since I started buying makeup in 2015, I'm starting to focus on my older products so I can make sure to use them before they start expiring.

Lip Products
~ BareMinerals Marvelous Moxie lipgloss in "stargazer" is definitely one of my oldest items. I think I got this January of 2015 for sorority recruitment. Time to go, bro. I've used this sporadically as something to slap on because I see it on my vanity, but I'm making an effort now. I'm about halfway through, so I should be able to finish it before the year is up.
~ Buxom full-on lipstick in "Bombay" is a rose shade with a slight minty tingle. It looks really nice paired with the lipgloss above and I've been enjoying wearing them together. I measure everything against my left pinky finger and this one makes up up to the proximal knuckle line.
~ Urban Decay Revolution lipstick in "stark naked" - I got this because I asked for a nude lip when I actually wanted a MLBB (my lips but better). Oh, well. This is an orangey/peachy nude on me and I enjoy the color and formula (creamy but matte). Since UD discontinued this line of lipstick, it might be time to use it up and let it go. I might repurchase the shade in the new Vice line.
~ side goal: continue wearing my designated "work lipstick" so I can keep getting usage even on days when I'm not motivated to do a whole lot to my face. I've used up 2 so far, both Clinique mini lipsticks. My current one is a Clinique chubby stick in "chunky cherry" so I'd like to continue seeing some progress on that one.

Blush
~ I'm currently rotating through to see which ones I like and which ones I'd like to destash. I have 3 that were given to me, so I need to make sure I actually like them. So far, I like all the ones I've tried as long as I apply with a light hand. If that trend continues, I might destash so I have only favorites left. Do I really need 6 blushes when I only use a little bit? No, no I do not.

Highlight
~ Trestique stick highlight in "maldives" came in a Sephora Play box and I enjoy it applied under foundation. Of course I then apply powder foundation on top because I just have so many things to use. There's not too much in it, so I'm hoping I can knock it out this year with regular use.
~ Becca Moonstone pressed DS - I'm starting to see the color of the highlight on my cheek instead of just a shimmer. I can definitely see use on the pan, so I'd like to hit pan by the end of the year.

Face Products
~ Primer - I've been working steadily through my deluxe sample collection so I'm getting closer to a pared down collection. I'm currently working on a DS of Smashbox pore minimizing primer. It's okay, but I'm not excited by it. I'd like to keep working through them until I only have 1 left so I can work through one at a time.
~ Foundation - I have 2, and I'm okay with that. I have one mid-range and one drug store, both are liquid.
~ Concealer - I have 1. I only need one at a time, so I'd like to stay strong and only have the one.
~ Powder - I have 2 - one pressed and one loose. I would be okay with just having one loose, so if I ever finish the pressed one, I might not repurchase.

Eye Shadow
~ Tartelette in Bloom is my oldest palette (April of 2016, I think?). I'm currently trying to hit pan on "firecracker" right now and I'm starting to dread using it. I don't know if I'll have any more panning goals with the shimmer shades. I do want to try to incorporate it into any look I do. That way I can keep having fun with my other palettes while getting use out of this one.

Other
~ My other categories are just basic, everyday products. I have eye primer, use it every day. I work through one DS mascara at a time, tossing at the 3 month mark (still have a backlog, but I'll keep on truckin'). Bronzer? Found one, like it, done. Setting spray, same.

~ Overall, I'm just trying to use products instead of just buying them. I'm hoping to gain a better understanding of the products I already own so that when I reach the end of their usable life I can know what I liked/didn't like when I go to buy a new one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 2018 Empties

Y'all. This month looks pitiful compared to past months. I suspect it's because I've mainly been using full-sized skincare so I'm not blazing through as much as I have been. ~ It cosmetics secret sauce moisturizer sample - was a little too much for my oily skin. would not repurchase. ~ Mario Badescu herbal rehydrating serum sample set - this was a gel moisturizer, so it's no surprise that I liked this one. Might try it again in the future, but I have a lot of moisturizer to go through first. ~ 2 Sephora samples of Commodity Gold perfume - this is a warm, sweet scent that I really enjoy and I currently have a travel-size spray. ~ Living Proof perfect hair day shampoo - if you remember when I finished the conditioner, you'll recall that I hated this pair of shampoo and conditioner and I used it up as a shaving cream. Would not repurchase. ~ Estee Lauder sumptuous infinite mascara - this has a plastic bristle brush, which I normally don't like, but

Pan that Palette March Update

So last month my goals were to hit pan on "5th Ave" and "Marina" and I did not meet them. I did, however, hit pan on "NYC" and I'm happy to have something to show for my time with this thing. Since I used mostly "Marina" and "Paris" I think  I have bigger dips in them, but it's hard to say for sure. Anyway, here's a picture: For this next month's goals, I'm going big - I want to hit pan on "Marina," "Paris," and "5th Ave." Again, we'll see. I'm still working away at "Lula" since I use it in the crease, but it doesn't take very much to do what I need it to do.

February 2018 Empties

I have a couple products in here I'm particularly proud to have finished up. It was a very productive month considering it was the shortest! Clockwise from top left: ~ Marc Jacobs "Decadence" and "Divine Decadence" foil sample card - I honestly can't tell the difference between these two scents, but I do like them. They had a sweet, slightly floral scent. The fiance isn't the biggest fan though, so I would not purchase a larger size. ~ YSL "Mon Paris" sample - I thought I would like this more than I did. It's also a sweet floral, but once on my skin it started to smell more powdery and chemical-y. Would not purchase. ~ Elizabeth and James "Nirvana Black" DS rollerball - I've had this for a while, and I think it started to go off on me. It's a warm and spicy scent that I used to enjoy more. Might repurchase. ~ Too Faced lip injection glossy "Milkshake" - This was a surprise love from last February