Skip to main content

May Empties

I'm really proud of my progress this month. I finished one full-sized product, eleven deluxe-sized samples, and five foil samples. Here's a picture:   (also, with the different background...did I really pack up all my trash to take to my fiance's place so I could take a picture with natural light? Yes. Yes I did.)


Starting with the first row:
~ First Aid Beauty facial radiance pads: these were okay. I feel like they're essentially supposed to do the same thing as the stridex pads below, except with a more gentle scent. I probably wound not purchase the full size of these.
~ Urban Decay all nighter setting spray: I liked this, but didn't notice a dramatic difference in how my makeup wore, so I probably would not purchase a full size since it's on the more expensive end.
~ Ole Henriksen truth serum: this is the last of the 3 Little Wonders from the kit I got around the holidays. It smelled like a creamsicle, but again, I'm not sure there was a noticable difference. I enjoyed using it and overall liked having a ~skincare regimen~ so I might repurchase this set someday.
~ Marc Jacobs Daisy foil sticker (and two sample sprays right below it): I really like this scent. It smells kind of fruity right when I put it on, and it fades to a light floral. I originally got a spray in my Sephora Play box, and a friend gave me two more mini sprays and a deluxe size dabber, so I'll be using those now.
~ Maison Margiela Replica Beach Walk foil: I liked this the one time I used it, and I just got another sample from Sephora Play that I'm excited to use. We'll have to see if it passes the fiance sniff test. Might repurchase in rollerball if it ever comes back in stock.

Second row! (minus the perfume samples I talked about earlier)
~ Benefit porefessional foil: I've reviewed this before. Still eh.
~ Skin Inc peel (Sephora Play sample): I can't tell if the white particles that came off when I rubbed it in were pieces of dead skin or just how the product reacts. I used it, was not too excited, would not repurchase.
~ Laura Mercier "radiance" primer: I think I talked about this in my Fire & Ice project. Might repurchase at some point, but I have other similar primers to get through first.
~ Youth to the People age prevention superfood cream (Sephora Play sample): I used this as my day moisturizer and really enjoyed it! Light scent, light feel on the skin, felt like I was getting skincare benefits from it, might repurchase.
~ Clinique pep-start hydroblur moisturizer (Sephora Play sample): also used as a day moisturizer. No scent, light feel on the skin, could also be used as a primer. I might repurchase this if I ever run out of primer (so never, realistically).
~ Clinique Sweet Sunday lipstick (from holiday 2015 days of the week lipstick set): I enjoyed this more the more I used it. If I could repurchase it, I would. I would purchase a similar color, I just need to work on my current lip products first.
~Benefit They're Real mascara (deluxe sample): I liked the way this made my lashes look, for the most part. I just didn't like how it made my lashes feel heavy by the end of the day. Would not repurchase.
~ Stridex pads: These were okay. Not super exciting, and I wasn't a fan of the strong scent. I liked having an acid in my skincare routine, but maybe not this one.

Random foil samples at the bottom
~ Clinique smart repair serum: liked it okay. I don't think a foil sample is enough to really know how skincare performs but I'm not averse to trying this one again.
~ Algenist serum foil: same as above, except I really liked the way this one smells. And it's also hella expensive. So I probably wouldn't purchase this one.

Progress on May Goals:
~ no buy in May: I didn't do it. I bought a setting spray and a foundation. Butbutbut: I'm down to the last bits of a setting spray sample, so I was going to buy another one anyway - might as well do it when I can use a 20% off coupon and get double Ulta points. And I got color matched on the foundation, so it'll be nice to replace my currently too-dark/warm foundation with one that works (once I finally use up the old one). I definitely put more thought into my purchases compared to my spree from the previous month.
~ work on panning projects: I have been doing this, and I already posted the Fire & Ice update.
~ Bronze! I have been bronzing with my Too Faced Chocolate Soleil sample every day I've worn makeup and it's too dark for me. When I got color matched at Sephora, the sales associate who helped me confirmed this. When she was done with the color matching, she put makeup on me to finish the look. The Hoola Lite she put on looked really nice, so I might buy that one.
~ I did finish The Martian, woo!

June Goals: 
~ keep up with project pan goals
~ wear makeup to work at least once a week - I'm on day shift now, so this will be hard. At least wear lipstick & mascara, and that'll count.
~ maintain my moderate level of purchasing makeup/skincare
~ read another book, don't know which one yet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 2018 Empties

Y'all. This month looks pitiful compared to past months. I suspect it's because I've mainly been using full-sized skincare so I'm not blazing through as much as I have been. ~ It cosmetics secret sauce moisturizer sample - was a little too much for my oily skin. would not repurchase. ~ Mario Badescu herbal rehydrating serum sample set - this was a gel moisturizer, so it's no surprise that I liked this one. Might try it again in the future, but I have a lot of moisturizer to go through first. ~ 2 Sephora samples of Commodity Gold perfume - this is a warm, sweet scent that I really enjoy and I currently have a travel-size spray. ~ Living Proof perfect hair day shampoo - if you remember when I finished the conditioner, you'll recall that I hated this pair of shampoo and conditioner and I used it up as a shaving cream. Would not repurchase. ~ Estee Lauder sumptuous infinite mascara - this has a plastic bristle brush, which I normally don't like, but

Pan that Palette March Update

So last month my goals were to hit pan on "5th Ave" and "Marina" and I did not meet them. I did, however, hit pan on "NYC" and I'm happy to have something to show for my time with this thing. Since I used mostly "Marina" and "Paris" I think  I have bigger dips in them, but it's hard to say for sure. Anyway, here's a picture: For this next month's goals, I'm going big - I want to hit pan on "Marina," "Paris," and "5th Ave." Again, we'll see. I'm still working away at "Lula" since I use it in the crease, but it doesn't take very much to do what I need it to do.

February 2018 Empties

I have a couple products in here I'm particularly proud to have finished up. It was a very productive month considering it was the shortest! Clockwise from top left: ~ Marc Jacobs "Decadence" and "Divine Decadence" foil sample card - I honestly can't tell the difference between these two scents, but I do like them. They had a sweet, slightly floral scent. The fiance isn't the biggest fan though, so I would not purchase a larger size. ~ YSL "Mon Paris" sample - I thought I would like this more than I did. It's also a sweet floral, but once on my skin it started to smell more powdery and chemical-y. Would not purchase. ~ Elizabeth and James "Nirvana Black" DS rollerball - I've had this for a while, and I think it started to go off on me. It's a warm and spicy scent that I used to enjoy more. Might repurchase. ~ Too Faced lip injection glossy "Milkshake" - This was a surprise love from last February