Skip to main content

[Update] 2017 Usage Goals

It's been about 2 months since I first posted about what I wanted to finish up in 2017, and I've made some visible progress on my goals!

Lip Products
~ Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie lipgloss in "stargazer" I finished this up this month! I enjoyed layering it over my lipsticks for a glossy summer look. I didn't try to take out the stopper to use up every last bit of it, I just used it until it was inconvenient to get product out of the tube.
~ Buxom full-on lipstick in "Bombay" I also finished this up this month. I enjoyed the rosy shade and the formula in general. I don't know if I would repurchase though - there are other things I'd like to use.
~ Urban Decay Revolution lipstick in "stark naked" - I'm going to start working on this more in the fall, I think. It's a warm nude, that would look good with the red/orange looks that usually come with fall.
~ {new} Smashbox liquid lipstick in "Driver's Seat" DS - I realized I can see through the plastic, so I might be able to finish it up. So I'm going for it. I realized I'm just not a huge fan of liquid lipsticks, so I'm eager to get some use and move them out.
~ side challenge - Clinique chubby stick in "chunky cherry" is still going strong as a work lipstick. Since it's a tinted balm, it's been easy to keep in my locker or my pocket and just slap on as needed. Once I finish this one, I have at least 3 more in various shades that I'll rotate in.

Blush
~ I rotated through each of my blushes (going along with r/MakeupRehab Blush a Week challenge). I think I'm going to declutter Milani "luminoso" and Milani "tea rose". I just didn't like how my makeup turned out on the days I used these blushes. I want my blush to be a natural flush - I don't want to have to think about what blush goes best with each look, I just want to put one on and have it work.

Highlight
~ Trestique stick highlight in "maldives" - I keep forgetting to use this. I think I'm making some progress, but I can't be sure since there wasn't that much to begin with.
~ Becca Moonstone pressed DS - still working on it. It definitely shows some use, which I'm happy about. Once I'm finished with this, I'd like to try Becca Pearl for a lighter highlight. But I also have other highlights to use, so we'll see how good I am at using rather than purchasing.

Face Products
~ Primer - I finished up the Smashbox pore minimizing primer and I'm glad it's gone. Since I'm still a little oilier for the summertime, my next one will be a Make Up For Ever smoothing primer. After that it might be time start on my endless supply of illuminating primers.
~ Foundation - still have the same 2 as before, and I'm not a huge fan of the mid-range one (Cover FX natural finish foundation in N10). So I'm trying to use that one up.
~ Maybelline FitMe concealer in "15 Fair" seems a little too dark/warm for me, so I want to try to get through it. Based on what I can see through the clear plastic packaging, it looks about halfway done.

Eye Products
~ Tartelette in Bloom - I finally hit pan on "firecracker" and I also recently hit pan on "flower child". I think my next goal will be to hit pan on "smarty pants". I'm still enjoying using this as a companion palette, so I'll keep that up as well.
~ I'm adding in my everyday eyeliners
    - L'Oreal "highlight", a pink that I use as an inner corner highlight/base for inner corner shadow. 
    - Urban Decay "walk of shame", a nude I use for my lower waterline. The more I use it, the more I like it. But it's getting older, so I'm trying to use and sharpen in regularly.
~ Urban Decay original primer potion - this is starting to dry out on the stick and the packaging is getting janky from being twisted. It's also one of my first makeup purchases, so it's time to go.

Other
~ my new goal is to use at least one perfume sample each month, then use a rollerball or other intentionally purchased perfume. I need to get through samples, but I don't want to neglect the ones I know I like.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 2018 Empties

Y'all. This month looks pitiful compared to past months. I suspect it's because I've mainly been using full-sized skincare so I'm not blazing through as much as I have been. ~ It cosmetics secret sauce moisturizer sample - was a little too much for my oily skin. would not repurchase. ~ Mario Badescu herbal rehydrating serum sample set - this was a gel moisturizer, so it's no surprise that I liked this one. Might try it again in the future, but I have a lot of moisturizer to go through first. ~ 2 Sephora samples of Commodity Gold perfume - this is a warm, sweet scent that I really enjoy and I currently have a travel-size spray. ~ Living Proof perfect hair day shampoo - if you remember when I finished the conditioner, you'll recall that I hated this pair of shampoo and conditioner and I used it up as a shaving cream. Would not repurchase. ~ Estee Lauder sumptuous infinite mascara - this has a plastic bristle brush, which I normally don't like, but

Pan that Palette March Update

So last month my goals were to hit pan on "5th Ave" and "Marina" and I did not meet them. I did, however, hit pan on "NYC" and I'm happy to have something to show for my time with this thing. Since I used mostly "Marina" and "Paris" I think  I have bigger dips in them, but it's hard to say for sure. Anyway, here's a picture: For this next month's goals, I'm going big - I want to hit pan on "Marina," "Paris," and "5th Ave." Again, we'll see. I'm still working away at "Lula" since I use it in the crease, but it doesn't take very much to do what I need it to do.

February 2018 Empties

I have a couple products in here I'm particularly proud to have finished up. It was a very productive month considering it was the shortest! Clockwise from top left: ~ Marc Jacobs "Decadence" and "Divine Decadence" foil sample card - I honestly can't tell the difference between these two scents, but I do like them. They had a sweet, slightly floral scent. The fiance isn't the biggest fan though, so I would not purchase a larger size. ~ YSL "Mon Paris" sample - I thought I would like this more than I did. It's also a sweet floral, but once on my skin it started to smell more powdery and chemical-y. Would not purchase. ~ Elizabeth and James "Nirvana Black" DS rollerball - I've had this for a while, and I think it started to go off on me. It's a warm and spicy scent that I used to enjoy more. Might repurchase. ~ Too Faced lip injection glossy "Milkshake" - This was a surprise love from last February