Skip to main content

October Empties


~ Stella McCartney "Stella"- This was a light floral that I wore exactly once, since it was a foil. It was okay, and I'd be open to trying a larger sample.
~ Caudalie Beauty Elixir - I'll be honest, I have no idea what this is supposed to do. I just used it as a toner so I could use it up. Even though there's still product in there, I'm going to count it as done because the sprayer stopped working. It was a destash from a friend, so I didn't spend $18 on a luxury spray that broke, so I'm not that bitter, but still. Of note, the Sephora website notes that it has a "new, improved pump" so I wasn't the only one that happened to.
~ Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel - I liked this as a daytime moisturizer, and I might repurchase after trying some new things out.
~ Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm - I use this to take my makeup off, and wash my face after. It's the only thing that actually takes off all my mascara without beating up my eyelids or irritating my eyes. I already repurchased.
~ Bumble & Bumble Don't Blow It for fine hair - I usually air dry my hair, so this was nice to style it a bit without a blow dryer. I have another deluxe size of this to try, along with a bajillion other air dry products for wavy hair, so I'll hold off on a purchase.
~ Kate Somerville ExfoliKate - This was a nice, but super expensive, exfoliator. It smells like cinnamon, pumpkin, fall, which I liked. I have another sample, but probably wouldn't repurchase due to the price.
~ Tarte Clean Slate Timeless smoothing primer - I still don't really see the point in primers, as I only notice when they decrease the quality of my makeup. I liked this okay. It was a little bit perfumey, but meh. Probably wouldn't purchase.
~ Real Techniques brush cleansing gel - Really liked this for cleaning my brushes. I feel like it cleaned them better than the baby shampoo I currently use. I would buy this after I use up or throw out the shampoo.
~ Lancome Hypnose Drama sample - I liked this when first applied. However, after using it consistently for a month, it started to flake on me. No go. I have another sample, so I'll give it a chance, but I'm tossing this one.
~ Replica "By the Fireplace" - This smells like marshmallows roasting on a fire, at least on me, sweet and smoky. If this ever comes out in a rollerball, I would totally buy it. As it is, I cannot buy a $100+ bottle of perfume. Maybe someday.
~ Sisley Emulsion - This was suuuuuper scented and I put it all over my face. And my neck. And the backs of my hands. And my face again. Et cetera. I packed this stuff on so I wouldn't have to use it twice. And I have no idea what it was supposed to do or if it did that thing. Welcome to the trash, foil sample.
~ Algenist Vitamin C Serum - I know I'm very scent-based, but I like the scent of this, and might buy it because of that. I've only ever used foil samples, and I don't think I can get a sense of whether or not it works from a foil. So I'm going based on scent. Maybe the Spring VIB sale.

That's it for this month. No pans, but I'm still working on my products so I'm hopefully still making progress.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 2018 Empties

Y'all. This month looks pitiful compared to past months. I suspect it's because I've mainly been using full-sized skincare so I'm not blazing through as much as I have been. ~ It cosmetics secret sauce moisturizer sample - was a little too much for my oily skin. would not repurchase. ~ Mario Badescu herbal rehydrating serum sample set - this was a gel moisturizer, so it's no surprise that I liked this one. Might try it again in the future, but I have a lot of moisturizer to go through first. ~ 2 Sephora samples of Commodity Gold perfume - this is a warm, sweet scent that I really enjoy and I currently have a travel-size spray. ~ Living Proof perfect hair day shampoo - if you remember when I finished the conditioner, you'll recall that I hated this pair of shampoo and conditioner and I used it up as a shaving cream. Would not repurchase. ~ Estee Lauder sumptuous infinite mascara - this has a plastic bristle brush, which I normally don't like, but

Pan that Palette March Update

So last month my goals were to hit pan on "5th Ave" and "Marina" and I did not meet them. I did, however, hit pan on "NYC" and I'm happy to have something to show for my time with this thing. Since I used mostly "Marina" and "Paris" I think  I have bigger dips in them, but it's hard to say for sure. Anyway, here's a picture: For this next month's goals, I'm going big - I want to hit pan on "Marina," "Paris," and "5th Ave." Again, we'll see. I'm still working away at "Lula" since I use it in the crease, but it doesn't take very much to do what I need it to do.

February 2018 Empties

I have a couple products in here I'm particularly proud to have finished up. It was a very productive month considering it was the shortest! Clockwise from top left: ~ Marc Jacobs "Decadence" and "Divine Decadence" foil sample card - I honestly can't tell the difference between these two scents, but I do like them. They had a sweet, slightly floral scent. The fiance isn't the biggest fan though, so I would not purchase a larger size. ~ YSL "Mon Paris" sample - I thought I would like this more than I did. It's also a sweet floral, but once on my skin it started to smell more powdery and chemical-y. Would not purchase. ~ Elizabeth and James "Nirvana Black" DS rollerball - I've had this for a while, and I think it started to go off on me. It's a warm and spicy scent that I used to enjoy more. Might repurchase. ~ Too Faced lip injection glossy "Milkshake" - This was a surprise love from last February