Skip to main content

September Empties (+ TWO new pans!)

This was more of a skincare month than a makeup month, but I'm still happy with the progress I've made on my collection. A picture is below, with mini reviews below that.

~ Peter Thomas Roth Irish Moor Mud mask DS: this was okay. My skin felt a little bit smoother after use. Unfortunately, PTR is suuuuper expensive so I don't think I'd repurchase this for the price:results.
~ Make Up For Ever step 1 smoothing primer DS: this was the primer that made me like my Cover Fx foundation. And also the first smoothing primer I liked. I might repurchase, if I ever run out of primer samples. Someday.
~ Clinique toning "lotion": I have so many questions. 1) How in the heck is this lotion? It's rubbing alcohol! 2) What is this even supposed to do? I just used this as a toner in the morning, and now I'm reusing the container for a travel size of micellar water.
~ Cover Fx sunscreen DS: I really liked this. It was very silicone-ish in feel, so my makeup went on well over it. This in combination with the MUFE primer above really made that Cover Fx foundation look great. I don't know if I would repurchase. I have so many sunscreen samples to get through still.
~ Peter Thomas Roth sunscreen DS: Nope. Nooooo. This is not face sunscreen. It made me so greasy so quickly. No. I used it on my neck & shoulders to use it up. Would not repurchase.
~ Bath & Body Works shea hand lotion "coconut": I really liked the scent, but I don't feel like it was that moisturizing. Would not repurchase, at least for the colder/drier months.
~ Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Sephora Sample: I liked this okay, but my friend has it as one of her signature scents and I don't want to jack that. And also my fiance can't handle it in large doses. And I like to be scented.
~ L'Oreal Lash Paradise mascara: I liked the mascara quite a bit. But jeez, look at that packaging. You can tell which products on my table I've used in the past month because they're covered in metallic crap. I don't think the product itself is worth putting up with that packaging. Would not repurchase unless they changed the outer coating.
~ Becca blush (snapdragon) & bronzer (bronzed bondi) sample: I liked the blush, but the bronzer was too dark for me. I had to apply with a light hand, so the paper sample actually lasted about a week and a half. I think I would go from zero to clown in three seconds if I had the full size. Can't do it.
~ Sunday Riley Tidal Cream foil: I think this was very hydrating, and I really enjoyed it. I know it's hella expensive though. I might try a larger sample to evaluate.
~ Sephora Green Tea Eye Mask: I liked this. My eyes felt less puffy and it was really relaxing to use on a pre-night shift night. I repurchased in another version. I can totally shell out $5 for that.

I hit pan on two different products in September!

~ Becca Moonstone: there's a tiny speck in there, I promise.



~ Lorac Pro 1 (cream): I used this to set my primer


That's all the empties for this month! So far I've been good and haven't purchased any makeup products since my birthday lipstick. Trying to hold out at least until the VIB sale.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 2018 Empties

Y'all. This month looks pitiful compared to past months. I suspect it's because I've mainly been using full-sized skincare so I'm not blazing through as much as I have been. ~ It cosmetics secret sauce moisturizer sample - was a little too much for my oily skin. would not repurchase. ~ Mario Badescu herbal rehydrating serum sample set - this was a gel moisturizer, so it's no surprise that I liked this one. Might try it again in the future, but I have a lot of moisturizer to go through first. ~ 2 Sephora samples of Commodity Gold perfume - this is a warm, sweet scent that I really enjoy and I currently have a travel-size spray. ~ Living Proof perfect hair day shampoo - if you remember when I finished the conditioner, you'll recall that I hated this pair of shampoo and conditioner and I used it up as a shaving cream. Would not repurchase. ~ Estee Lauder sumptuous infinite mascara - this has a plastic bristle brush, which I normally don't like, but

Pan that Palette March Update

So last month my goals were to hit pan on "5th Ave" and "Marina" and I did not meet them. I did, however, hit pan on "NYC" and I'm happy to have something to show for my time with this thing. Since I used mostly "Marina" and "Paris" I think  I have bigger dips in them, but it's hard to say for sure. Anyway, here's a picture: For this next month's goals, I'm going big - I want to hit pan on "Marina," "Paris," and "5th Ave." Again, we'll see. I'm still working away at "Lula" since I use it in the crease, but it doesn't take very much to do what I need it to do.

February 2018 Empties

I have a couple products in here I'm particularly proud to have finished up. It was a very productive month considering it was the shortest! Clockwise from top left: ~ Marc Jacobs "Decadence" and "Divine Decadence" foil sample card - I honestly can't tell the difference between these two scents, but I do like them. They had a sweet, slightly floral scent. The fiance isn't the biggest fan though, so I would not purchase a larger size. ~ YSL "Mon Paris" sample - I thought I would like this more than I did. It's also a sweet floral, but once on my skin it started to smell more powdery and chemical-y. Would not purchase. ~ Elizabeth and James "Nirvana Black" DS rollerball - I've had this for a while, and I think it started to go off on me. It's a warm and spicy scent that I used to enjoy more. Might repurchase. ~ Too Faced lip injection glossy "Milkshake" - This was a surprise love from last February