Skip to main content

12 Pans of Christmas [Update #1]

I've only seen one of my Youtubers update so far, but the end of the month seems like a good time to add an update. I did swap out one of my products, so there won't be progress to see on that one.

1) Urban Decay lipstick in "Stark Naked" - finished! Once I make it through some other lip products, I would really think about buying this in the new Vice lipstick line.


2) Sephora gel lipliner "rose wine" - I've been wearing this every day that I wear lipstick. It warmed up Stark Naked, and it also goes well with the lipstick I'm currently trying to pan. This might be a bit too dark for year-round use, so I'm working to move this one out of my collection.


3) Givenchy mascara sample - I won't include another picture since the packaging is opaque, but I've been making an effort to use this even on days I'm working. When doing makeup at 6AM, that's a feat, for me.

4) Two BB cream sample jars - I used up the Dr Jart++ dis-a-pore! My friend already destashed her full size to me, so I'll use that for work days once I finish the other sample. I think I have maybe one more use in the Laura Mercier one in "cameo". I don't really like it because it makes my face feel too greasy. (Dr Jart++ on the left, LM on the right)

5) Ole Henriksen sheer transformation moisturizer - finished! I already repurchased when the old packaging (like this one) came to TJ Maxx. I can only really use it as a night moisturizer, since foundation doesn't really go one well over it.

6) Josie Maran finishing balm DS - finished! Honestly, I have no idea wtf this is supposed to be. I just used it as a primer, and it did okay for that. Totally would not repurchase. Finishing balm...I feel like they're just trying to add steps to an already long routine.

7) Nars blush "Goulue" DS - I can't tell if it's even noticeable that I've been using this every day. When applied with a light hand, this is a nice berry color. If applied more heavily, I look more like a drunk clown. I'll keep using it through the end of this project, then move on to my other blushes.

8) Lorac Pro "taupe" - I've been using this as my everyday transition and lower lash line color. I think the dent is getting bigger, but since I'm using both a fluffy brush and a precise skinny brush it's hard to tell progress as well. I've also made quite a bit of progress on "cream" just from using this palette every day.

9) Lorac Pro "espresso" - I've been using this most days. If I'm running behind in the morning, this is the step that gets skipped. The dip looks the same to me, but I'll keep on trucking.

10) Lorac Pro "nude" - This gets used in the inner corner of my eye looks. It looks great over the liner I use there. Like with espresso, I can't see a lot of progress here. This also gets skipped on busy work mornings.

11) Nars Audacious "Mona" - Honestly, I've only worn this one day. I really like it, I've just been wearing other things.

12) Marc Jacobs "Slowburn" DS - I had planned to move onto my Hourglass Lip Stylo, but I wanted to work on a darker color for fall/winter. This has been working well with the lipliner in this project and is overall a nice lipstick.

Total progress so far:  3.5/12 goals hit
I think the next update will be the finale at Christmas. I'm working Christmas itself this year, so my post will be either early or late. Hopefully I'll have some pans to show!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 2018 Empties

Y'all. This month looks pitiful compared to past months. I suspect it's because I've mainly been using full-sized skincare so I'm not blazing through as much as I have been. ~ It cosmetics secret sauce moisturizer sample - was a little too much for my oily skin. would not repurchase. ~ Mario Badescu herbal rehydrating serum sample set - this was a gel moisturizer, so it's no surprise that I liked this one. Might try it again in the future, but I have a lot of moisturizer to go through first. ~ 2 Sephora samples of Commodity Gold perfume - this is a warm, sweet scent that I really enjoy and I currently have a travel-size spray. ~ Living Proof perfect hair day shampoo - if you remember when I finished the conditioner, you'll recall that I hated this pair of shampoo and conditioner and I used it up as a shaving cream. Would not repurchase. ~ Estee Lauder sumptuous infinite mascara - this has a plastic bristle brush, which I normally don't like, but

Pan that Palette March Update

So last month my goals were to hit pan on "5th Ave" and "Marina" and I did not meet them. I did, however, hit pan on "NYC" and I'm happy to have something to show for my time with this thing. Since I used mostly "Marina" and "Paris" I think  I have bigger dips in them, but it's hard to say for sure. Anyway, here's a picture: For this next month's goals, I'm going big - I want to hit pan on "Marina," "Paris," and "5th Ave." Again, we'll see. I'm still working away at "Lula" since I use it in the crease, but it doesn't take very much to do what I need it to do.

February 2018 Empties

I have a couple products in here I'm particularly proud to have finished up. It was a very productive month considering it was the shortest! Clockwise from top left: ~ Marc Jacobs "Decadence" and "Divine Decadence" foil sample card - I honestly can't tell the difference between these two scents, but I do like them. They had a sweet, slightly floral scent. The fiance isn't the biggest fan though, so I would not purchase a larger size. ~ YSL "Mon Paris" sample - I thought I would like this more than I did. It's also a sweet floral, but once on my skin it started to smell more powdery and chemical-y. Would not purchase. ~ Elizabeth and James "Nirvana Black" DS rollerball - I've had this for a while, and I think it started to go off on me. It's a warm and spicy scent that I used to enjoy more. Might repurchase. ~ Too Faced lip injection glossy "Milkshake" - This was a surprise love from last February