Skip to main content

December 2017 Empties

Last empties of 2017! While I did a lot of purchasing, it was nice to keep track of everything I was actually able to use up. For 2018, I hope to do more using than buying, which is why I'm doing my reading challenge thing. Like usual, I'll post my opinions beneath the picture.


~ Drunk Elephant C Firma Day Serum - I really liked this when I first got it, then I stopped using it for a while and it may have gone bad. It turned my face orange towards the end. I like having a Vitamin C in my routine, but I think I'll look for other options after I finish up the travel size I have of this.
~ L'Occitane Vanilla Bouquet hand cream- Really enjoyed the scent, nourishing to my hand skin. Would repurchase. 
~ Marc Jacobs Daisy perfume card (didn't use the Daisy dream part since I already know I don't like it) - I like this perfume, and already own it in a full size.
~ Clean Reserve "Sueded Oud" sample - This smelled like a cigar. You could tell it was a perfume, but a cigar scented perfume. Would not repurchase.
~ YSL "Black Opium" sample - This was a great sweet & spicy type fragrance, and I would consider purchasing this in a larger size.
~ The Creme Shop "Calm Down, Skin" grapefruit face mask - It was cute to wear a cat mask, but it wasn't anything special. I have a few more of these, and I won't mind using them, but I'm not going to run out and get a ton more.
~ Clinique "All about eyes" eye cream - Nice, basic eye cream. Hydrating but not greasy. It wasn't super fancy, but I don't necessarily need that. I'd repurchase once I get through some more of my samples (assuming I don't like one of those better).
~ Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado - This was like a thick lotion and I did not enjoy it for my undereye area. Would not repurchase.
~ Belif The True Cream Aqua Bomb moisturizer - I enjoyed the gel formula and the citrusy scent. It provided a good amount of hydration without making me feel oily in the morning. I would repurchase this.
~ Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer (x2) - I'm pretty sure this is just silicone, but I like the effect it had on how my foundation came out. I'm currently using a DS of this, so we'll see if I still like it after that.
~ Trestique mini highlight stick "Maldives" - I used this as a cream highlight under my foundation, then added powder on top. I like to sparkle, okay? I'm not convinced this added anything to the look, but it's good to use this up. I have two more cream highlight sticks, and I'm planning to use them up the same way.
~ Urban Decay Primer Potion original (travel size) - This sucker lasted me two years. It kept my eyeshadow on well and was an easy texture to work with. When I eventually finish the one I decided to use next, I'll probably repurchase this one.
~ Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer sample & Givenchy mascara DS - these were in my 12 Pans of Christmas, and I talked about them there, but no pictures of these products in the post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 2018 Empties

Y'all. This month looks pitiful compared to past months. I suspect it's because I've mainly been using full-sized skincare so I'm not blazing through as much as I have been. ~ It cosmetics secret sauce moisturizer sample - was a little too much for my oily skin. would not repurchase. ~ Mario Badescu herbal rehydrating serum sample set - this was a gel moisturizer, so it's no surprise that I liked this one. Might try it again in the future, but I have a lot of moisturizer to go through first. ~ 2 Sephora samples of Commodity Gold perfume - this is a warm, sweet scent that I really enjoy and I currently have a travel-size spray. ~ Living Proof perfect hair day shampoo - if you remember when I finished the conditioner, you'll recall that I hated this pair of shampoo and conditioner and I used it up as a shaving cream. Would not repurchase. ~ Estee Lauder sumptuous infinite mascara - this has a plastic bristle brush, which I normally don't like, but

Pan that Palette March Update

So last month my goals were to hit pan on "5th Ave" and "Marina" and I did not meet them. I did, however, hit pan on "NYC" and I'm happy to have something to show for my time with this thing. Since I used mostly "Marina" and "Paris" I think  I have bigger dips in them, but it's hard to say for sure. Anyway, here's a picture: For this next month's goals, I'm going big - I want to hit pan on "Marina," "Paris," and "5th Ave." Again, we'll see. I'm still working away at "Lula" since I use it in the crease, but it doesn't take very much to do what I need it to do.

February 2018 Empties

I have a couple products in here I'm particularly proud to have finished up. It was a very productive month considering it was the shortest! Clockwise from top left: ~ Marc Jacobs "Decadence" and "Divine Decadence" foil sample card - I honestly can't tell the difference between these two scents, but I do like them. They had a sweet, slightly floral scent. The fiance isn't the biggest fan though, so I would not purchase a larger size. ~ YSL "Mon Paris" sample - I thought I would like this more than I did. It's also a sweet floral, but once on my skin it started to smell more powdery and chemical-y. Would not purchase. ~ Elizabeth and James "Nirvana Black" DS rollerball - I've had this for a while, and I think it started to go off on me. It's a warm and spicy scent that I used to enjoy more. Might repurchase. ~ Too Faced lip injection glossy "Milkshake" - This was a surprise love from last February