Skip to main content

June/July empties

As I mentioned in my previous post, I just went through another location transition. Hence why these updates haven't been at the top of the month like they usually are. This isn't the largest empties I've ever had, but there are quite a few items in here I'd be happy to use again.


~ Clinique take the day off balm - I use this to remove my makeup, before washing my face. I've already repurchased this and will likely continue to do so.
~ Sol de Janeiro brazilian bum bum cream - I do love the scent of this, but I'm not sure if I'd repurchase, just since it's so expensive. I might try the hand cream at some point, since I basically use this as hand cream.
~ Real Techniques sponge - good sponge, but this got a little moldy from travel. The performance also got worse when it got dirty, which was annoying. Will probably repurchase at some point, but I'm enjoying my beauty blender right now.
~ Ole Henriksen sheer transformation moisturizer - I liked this as a night moisturizer. It hydrated, and I didn't wake up oily. I didn't notice any brightening, like it's apparently supposed to. Might repurchase at some point, but I have some others to work through first.
~ Replica Beach Walk sephora sample - One of my favorite summer scents, already have a rollerball. This was good to use for travel though.
~ Fenty foundation in shade 120 - the sample didn't give me enough product to cover my whole face for a single use. I'd want to try another sample before committing.
~ Bobbi Brown eye opening mascara - This had a large, natural bristle brush, which I normally like. It started to get pretty smudgy toward the end, which I wasn't a fan of. Probably won't repurchase since I have other mascaras I'd like to try.
~ Dior J'Adore perfume sample x2 - Nice, basic floral. It reminds me of Marc Jacobs Daisy, except it leans more floral than fruity. Probably will not purchase, but I like using the samples I get.
~ Algenist genius vitamin C serum - This felt a little sticky on my skin, and I didn't notice any results. It's also really expensive, so I probably wouldn't purchase a full size.
~ Too Faced peach perfect primer - I actually really liked this. It smelled nice, and felt decently mattifying. I will probably buy the travel size of this once I've used up my other primers.
~ Maybelline FitMe concealer in 15/fair - This seemed just a hair too dark, but I liked the formula fine. I have two other concealers at the moment, but I might buy this again if there's nothing else that catches my eye.
~ Origins Ginzing moisturizer - This was a light, gel moisturizer. It didn't feel heavy or greasy. I might repurchase this in the future. I liked the squeezy tube of the sample, but the full size comes in a tub. Picky, picky I know
~ MD Solar Sciences tinted sunscreen - this looked like it would be too dark, but the tint was actually a decent match. It wasn't good enough to wear by itself though, so I won't be buying this one. It also felt oddly slippery on my face.
~ Sunday Riley CEO foil - Having tried a DS of this in the past, I wasn't expecting a whole lot from this. And I didn't get anything from this. Still would not purchase.
~ Burt's Bees purifying sheet mask - This smelled soapy, it felt nice, but wasn't sticky enough to stay on my face. I probably wouldn't buy this one again, but I'm glad I tried it.
~ The Creme Shop slow down skin sheet mask - meh, no opinions. It was a sheet mask, it was decent. Won't be drawn to it in the future, but won't necessarily avoid.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 2018 Empties

Y'all. This month looks pitiful compared to past months. I suspect it's because I've mainly been using full-sized skincare so I'm not blazing through as much as I have been. ~ It cosmetics secret sauce moisturizer sample - was a little too much for my oily skin. would not repurchase. ~ Mario Badescu herbal rehydrating serum sample set - this was a gel moisturizer, so it's no surprise that I liked this one. Might try it again in the future, but I have a lot of moisturizer to go through first. ~ 2 Sephora samples of Commodity Gold perfume - this is a warm, sweet scent that I really enjoy and I currently have a travel-size spray. ~ Living Proof perfect hair day shampoo - if you remember when I finished the conditioner, you'll recall that I hated this pair of shampoo and conditioner and I used it up as a shaving cream. Would not repurchase. ~ Estee Lauder sumptuous infinite mascara - this has a plastic bristle brush, which I normally don't like, but

Pan that Palette March Update

So last month my goals were to hit pan on "5th Ave" and "Marina" and I did not meet them. I did, however, hit pan on "NYC" and I'm happy to have something to show for my time with this thing. Since I used mostly "Marina" and "Paris" I think  I have bigger dips in them, but it's hard to say for sure. Anyway, here's a picture: For this next month's goals, I'm going big - I want to hit pan on "Marina," "Paris," and "5th Ave." Again, we'll see. I'm still working away at "Lula" since I use it in the crease, but it doesn't take very much to do what I need it to do.

February 2018 Empties

I have a couple products in here I'm particularly proud to have finished up. It was a very productive month considering it was the shortest! Clockwise from top left: ~ Marc Jacobs "Decadence" and "Divine Decadence" foil sample card - I honestly can't tell the difference between these two scents, but I do like them. They had a sweet, slightly floral scent. The fiance isn't the biggest fan though, so I would not purchase a larger size. ~ YSL "Mon Paris" sample - I thought I would like this more than I did. It's also a sweet floral, but once on my skin it started to smell more powdery and chemical-y. Would not purchase. ~ Elizabeth and James "Nirvana Black" DS rollerball - I've had this for a while, and I think it started to go off on me. It's a warm and spicy scent that I used to enjoy more. Might repurchase. ~ Too Faced lip injection glossy "Milkshake" - This was a surprise love from last February