Skip to main content

August Empties

I finally moved to my new house! I took this picture before I moved so I wouldn't have to travel with trash. Anything I finish before the end of the month will just get rolled over into the September empties. I got some bigger items out, so I'm happy I didn't have to move them.

~ Creme Shop "Wake Up, Skin" sheet mask - felt nice on the skin, but nothing fabulous. Would not repurchase.
~ Sephora "Rose" eye mask - again, felt nice, but nothing special. I usually purchase these when I want to get point perks from the Sephora website, so I'll probably end up getting another.
~ Sephora "Pearl" face mask - same as above review. I'm not a huge sheet mask believer.
~ True Blue Spa hand scrub - I've had this for I don't even know how long. I used it mostly as a hand scrub, but also as a general body scrub. It was nice, and I might get another scrub. I don't know if this brand still exists or where it's sold, but I'll get something similar.
~ First Aid Beauty blemish patrol pads - these are the old formula from when it was on sale at Sephora. They're similar to Stridex pads, but I still saw my fair share of breakouts while using this. Would not repurchase.
~ Garnier mattifying micellar water - I use this in the morning instead of full-out washing my face. I really like this and plan to repurchase.
~ Freeman black charcoal mask - nice and exfoliating, but left my hairline feeling sticky if I used it on a day I didn't also wash my hair. Would not repurchase.
~ IGK Rich Kid - this leave-in treatment leaves my hair feeling really soft. I have a deluxe size to use, which I'm excited about.
~ Clinique pep start sunscreen - basic sunscreen, would use another sample. Probably wouldn't repurchase.
~ Bumble & bumble don't blow it - this gives me soft waves after use. Already have a full size.
~ Jack Black line smoother moisturizer - I wasn't expecting to like this, but I really did. I used it as a day moisturizer and I didn't feel oily for most of the day (a feat for me!). I'd want to try another sample, but I might get this.
~ Tom Ford "Indian Rose" lipstick - beautiful, slightly sheer pink. I've heard that Tom Ford lipsticks go bad quickly, and it's not worth it to me to get a full size given the price (upwards of $50).
~ It Cosmetics confidence in a cleanser - Conceptually, I don't understand anti-aging face wash. It was fine, but I didn't see anything special about it. Would not repurchase.
~ Philosophy purity mask - I liked this. It was a thicker exfoliating mask, and my face felt smoother afterwards. Probably wouldn't repurchase, but would use another sample.
~ Juliette has a gun "Lady Vengeance" perfume sample - on me, this should have been called "Old Lady Vengeance" as it was a bit too musky/patchouli on me. Would not repurchase.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 2018 Empties

Y'all. This month looks pitiful compared to past months. I suspect it's because I've mainly been using full-sized skincare so I'm not blazing through as much as I have been. ~ It cosmetics secret sauce moisturizer sample - was a little too much for my oily skin. would not repurchase. ~ Mario Badescu herbal rehydrating serum sample set - this was a gel moisturizer, so it's no surprise that I liked this one. Might try it again in the future, but I have a lot of moisturizer to go through first. ~ 2 Sephora samples of Commodity Gold perfume - this is a warm, sweet scent that I really enjoy and I currently have a travel-size spray. ~ Living Proof perfect hair day shampoo - if you remember when I finished the conditioner, you'll recall that I hated this pair of shampoo and conditioner and I used it up as a shaving cream. Would not repurchase. ~ Estee Lauder sumptuous infinite mascara - this has a plastic bristle brush, which I normally don't like, but

Pan that Palette March Update

So last month my goals were to hit pan on "5th Ave" and "Marina" and I did not meet them. I did, however, hit pan on "NYC" and I'm happy to have something to show for my time with this thing. Since I used mostly "Marina" and "Paris" I think  I have bigger dips in them, but it's hard to say for sure. Anyway, here's a picture: For this next month's goals, I'm going big - I want to hit pan on "Marina," "Paris," and "5th Ave." Again, we'll see. I'm still working away at "Lula" since I use it in the crease, but it doesn't take very much to do what I need it to do.

February 2018 Empties

I have a couple products in here I'm particularly proud to have finished up. It was a very productive month considering it was the shortest! Clockwise from top left: ~ Marc Jacobs "Decadence" and "Divine Decadence" foil sample card - I honestly can't tell the difference between these two scents, but I do like them. They had a sweet, slightly floral scent. The fiance isn't the biggest fan though, so I would not purchase a larger size. ~ YSL "Mon Paris" sample - I thought I would like this more than I did. It's also a sweet floral, but once on my skin it started to smell more powdery and chemical-y. Would not purchase. ~ Elizabeth and James "Nirvana Black" DS rollerball - I've had this for a while, and I think it started to go off on me. It's a warm and spicy scent that I used to enjoy more. Might repurchase. ~ Too Faced lip injection glossy "Milkshake" - This was a surprise love from last February