Skip to main content

Healthy Habits Challenge - July 2018

I'm restructuring how I'm setting this up, partly due to my lagging motivation once I fell too far behind. So bear with me as I make some changes. If you have any suggestions, let me know!

Recap: I'm trying to cut down on my makeup spending as a hobby, and starting to focus more on hobbies and habits that are better for me. I give myself money towards makeup spending (ratios in parentheses below) for each good habit I'm trying to form.

Purchases:
~ I bought the Nars powermatte liquid lipstick in "Don't Stop", described as a geranium red. I won't count it towards my totals since I used a gift card. I just wanted to include it here so I can own up to not finishing No Buy July (I bought it on the 30th, whoops). There's been some moving drama, and some kind friends got me a Sephora gift card for some self-love - long story short, I don't feel bad about this purchase.

Books read ($1 per 100 pages)
~ Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys - 400 pages ($4)
~ Grey by EL James - 561 pages ($5.61)
~ A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle - 204 pages ($2.04)
~ Cowboy Pride by Lacy Williams - 248 pages ($2.48) - yes, it's a Wild West version of Pride and Prejudice, and no, I'm not sorry.

Exercise ($5 per 30 minutes since I've been doing more exercise videos)
~ workout video 7/1 -$5
~ workout video 7/2 - $5
~ workout video 7/3 - $5
~ workout video 7/6 - $5
~ workout video 7/8 - $5

Duolingo ($1 per 10 day streak)
~ 7/7 - hit 90 day streak ($1)
~ 7/17 - hit 100 day streak ($1)
~ 7/27 - hit 110 day streak ($1)

Money available to spend: $42.13


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 2018 Empties

Y'all. This month looks pitiful compared to past months. I suspect it's because I've mainly been using full-sized skincare so I'm not blazing through as much as I have been. ~ It cosmetics secret sauce moisturizer sample - was a little too much for my oily skin. would not repurchase. ~ Mario Badescu herbal rehydrating serum sample set - this was a gel moisturizer, so it's no surprise that I liked this one. Might try it again in the future, but I have a lot of moisturizer to go through first. ~ 2 Sephora samples of Commodity Gold perfume - this is a warm, sweet scent that I really enjoy and I currently have a travel-size spray. ~ Living Proof perfect hair day shampoo - if you remember when I finished the conditioner, you'll recall that I hated this pair of shampoo and conditioner and I used it up as a shaving cream. Would not repurchase. ~ Estee Lauder sumptuous infinite mascara - this has a plastic bristle brush, which I normally don't like, but

Pan that Palette March Update

So last month my goals were to hit pan on "5th Ave" and "Marina" and I did not meet them. I did, however, hit pan on "NYC" and I'm happy to have something to show for my time with this thing. Since I used mostly "Marina" and "Paris" I think  I have bigger dips in them, but it's hard to say for sure. Anyway, here's a picture: For this next month's goals, I'm going big - I want to hit pan on "Marina," "Paris," and "5th Ave." Again, we'll see. I'm still working away at "Lula" since I use it in the crease, but it doesn't take very much to do what I need it to do.

Pan that Palette 2018 Finale

My goal for 2018 was to pan the Anastasia Beverly Hills Master Palette by Mario. It's a limited edition palette from Christmas 2016, and it was a gift from my fiance (now husband). Since it's LE, I was hesitant to use particular colors and, to be honest, the palette as a whole - what if I run out and can't use it again?! Once you see my year-end progress, it will become clear that those fears were completely unfounded. Here's where I started the year: You can see some nice dips, and there are clearly shades I enjoy. There are no pans. Here's how I ended the year (please excuse the lighting): Over the course of the year I hit pan on: NYC, Kim, Muse, Marina, Lula, 5th Ave, Bronx, and Paris. I didn't have any goals for using Hollywood or Claudia. I didn't make much visible progress on Isabel or Violeta. A few notes about my makeup usage habits - I work three 12-hour shifts a week as a nurse. At the start of the year, I worked night shif