Skip to main content

January Empties

Maybe it's due to the amount of samples/foils I went through, but this looked like SO MUCH MORE when it was just living in the bag I collect my empties in. I'm making more of an effort to clear out my backlog of foils, samples, deluxe sizes, etc. A good chunk of my bathroom storage is dedicated to it, and I'd like to clear some space.



~ YSL Black Opium sample - It got a little cut off, but you've seen this in here pretty much every month, so I don't think you're missing too much.
~ Juliette Has a Gun "Mmmm" -This has a nice sweet/fruity scent, but it wore down to smell kind of powdery on me. One of the notes is neroli, and that typically has that effect on me. Would not purchase a larger size.
~ L'Oreal infallible pro-matte foundation "101 Classic Ivory" - spoiler for the project pan, I finished this about 2 days after posting the update. I'll most likely repurchase this foundation, just not yet. My Ulta is usually out of stock of this one, so that'll help me not repurchase it too soon.
~ Hourglass veil mineral primer - This usually works decently for me, but it does not play well with my sunscreen (Drunk Elephant Umbra Sheer). Maybe because they're both mineral products? Either way, it pills up when put on top of the sunscreen. I'd use another sample, but I would not purchase it.
~ Kopari coconut face cream - This was light, and didn't irritate my skin. I'd have to use a larger sample of it to have a real opinion, but I wouldn't go out and repurchase it at the moment.
~ Belif moisturizing bomb - This is the heavier version of the aqua bomb, which I really enjoy. I probably don't need this level of moisture. Wouldn't purchase.
~ Laneige water sleeping mask - I didn't apply this in a thick enough layer to be a mask, so I enjoyed it as a gel moisturizer. I have a deluxe size that I'll save for when the weather gets warmer.
~ ObeyYourBody hand and body lotion - One of those "forced upon you at the mall" samples. Light scent, decently moisturizing. My husband got one of their kits for me for Christmas because he, too, is vulnerable at the mall. So I think I already have a full size.
~ Bliss that's incredi-peel - Came with 5 individually-wrapped pads. I don't think this is my ideal application of glycolic acid. I don't particularly want to create that much waste all the time.
~ Farmacy honeymoon glow (top sample container) - I liked the texture of my skin for the most part. I also had a few more breakouts while using this. If memory serves, most AHAs/BHAs have done that to me when I first start using them. Might revisit this once I get through my other night serums.
~ Drunk Elephant A-Passioni cream (lower sample container) - I used this every other night to every third night since it dried my skin out so much. My under-the-eyebrow skin was flaking, and I don't think I've experienced that before. I'm in my mid-20s and I'm not sure if I'm in the zone to need a retinol in my routine. I like the idea of using a retinol though. Marketing? Youth-obsessed culture? Maybe?
~ First Aid Beauty ultra repair cream - I used this as a hand cream during the day, and it was decent. I still have a larger size to go through.
~ Drunk Elephant B-Hydra - I mix this with C-firma and Proteini in the morning and I've been liking that "smoothie" as the DE marketing team calls it. I have two more exactly like this, so I have a while before I have to decide whether or not I'd repurchase. It's $52, so it'll take some consideration.
~ Tatcha water cream - It's a gel moisturizer, which I like. I have other gel moisturizers I like more. Plus, this one is $68. Nope.
~ Belif moisturizing eye bomb - This is a really nice, basic eye cream. I have a giant backlog of eye cream, but I could see myself repurchasing this at some point.
~ Ole Henriksen Glowcycle retin-alt serum & Goodnight glow sleeping cream - These are marketed together, I used them together, and I disliked them together. I don't know which part was the main culprit, but I got a ton of those tiny-bumps-is-this-a-zit-or-a-blackhead kind of nonsense things. Would not purchase this. It's a pretty purple and it smells pretty and it's super thick on the face. Let's just say it's better off on Trendmood's hand than my face.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 2018 Empties

Y'all. This month looks pitiful compared to past months. I suspect it's because I've mainly been using full-sized skincare so I'm not blazing through as much as I have been. ~ It cosmetics secret sauce moisturizer sample - was a little too much for my oily skin. would not repurchase. ~ Mario Badescu herbal rehydrating serum sample set - this was a gel moisturizer, so it's no surprise that I liked this one. Might try it again in the future, but I have a lot of moisturizer to go through first. ~ 2 Sephora samples of Commodity Gold perfume - this is a warm, sweet scent that I really enjoy and I currently have a travel-size spray. ~ Living Proof perfect hair day shampoo - if you remember when I finished the conditioner, you'll recall that I hated this pair of shampoo and conditioner and I used it up as a shaving cream. Would not repurchase. ~ Estee Lauder sumptuous infinite mascara - this has a plastic bristle brush, which I normally don't like, but

Pan that Palette March Update

So last month my goals were to hit pan on "5th Ave" and "Marina" and I did not meet them. I did, however, hit pan on "NYC" and I'm happy to have something to show for my time with this thing. Since I used mostly "Marina" and "Paris" I think  I have bigger dips in them, but it's hard to say for sure. Anyway, here's a picture: For this next month's goals, I'm going big - I want to hit pan on "Marina," "Paris," and "5th Ave." Again, we'll see. I'm still working away at "Lula" since I use it in the crease, but it doesn't take very much to do what I need it to do.

February 2018 Empties

I have a couple products in here I'm particularly proud to have finished up. It was a very productive month considering it was the shortest! Clockwise from top left: ~ Marc Jacobs "Decadence" and "Divine Decadence" foil sample card - I honestly can't tell the difference between these two scents, but I do like them. They had a sweet, slightly floral scent. The fiance isn't the biggest fan though, so I would not purchase a larger size. ~ YSL "Mon Paris" sample - I thought I would like this more than I did. It's also a sweet floral, but once on my skin it started to smell more powdery and chemical-y. Would not purchase. ~ Elizabeth and James "Nirvana Black" DS rollerball - I've had this for a while, and I think it started to go off on me. It's a warm and spicy scent that I used to enjoy more. Might repurchase. ~ Too Faced lip injection glossy "Milkshake" - This was a surprise love from last February