Skip to main content

Empties - December 2019

Volume-wise, December was a little lackluster. However, I'm happy with the amount of makeup I was able to finish off (as opposed to a million little skincare samples).


~ Jesse's Girl liquid liner "Black" - This is a brush-tip liner, which is my preferred application. Not as smooth as my favorite Clinique liner, but it did the job.

~ Anastasia Beverly Hills brow definer "Medium Brown" - I'm not sure if I prefer the thicker pencil or the brow wiz, but I definitely had power brows when I used this one. I'm not opposed to getting another in the future. Honestly, it just depends on which pencils are on sale during the Ulta 21 Days of Beauty.

~ Smashbox Primerizer sample - Okay moisturizer, but not a great primer for my oily skin. Would not purchase.

~ Kat von D Saint perfume sample - Very similar to Marc Jacobs "Daisy" which I already own. I have way too much perfume already, and I no longer purchase from Kat von D, otherwise I would be tempted to purchase this.

~ Kat von D Sinner perfume sample - Very similar to Elizabeth and James "Nirvana Black" which is now sadly discontinued. For similar reasons to "Saint" I won't be purchasing this one either.

~ Buxom lipgloss "White Russian" - I know this is a super-popular shade, but I couldn't get into it. I applied it as a plumping lip balm and enjoyed it that way. I like this gloss formula, but probably wouldn't intentionally repurchase this. In the event I get another little freebie, I'll happily use it up as well.

~ Farmacy Green Screen sunscreen mini - A mineral sunscreen that wears well under makeup, I can get into it. It was a little shiny if I didn't put makeup on, but not enough to deter me from wanting to repurchase this.

~ Tarte loose setting powder - I'm really happy to have used this up since it was my oldest setting powder, and even then it was a destash from a friend. I would use this again, but I don't know if I would seek it out over other setting powders.

~ Youth to the People superfood cleanser - I've used a few samples and deluxe sizes of this, and the cleanser itself is pretty nice. Unfortunately, the container is glass and I've broken it in the shower every time I've tried it. This time I decanted it into a plastic container, and I enjoyed it much more that way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 2018 Empties

Y'all. This month looks pitiful compared to past months. I suspect it's because I've mainly been using full-sized skincare so I'm not blazing through as much as I have been. ~ It cosmetics secret sauce moisturizer sample - was a little too much for my oily skin. would not repurchase. ~ Mario Badescu herbal rehydrating serum sample set - this was a gel moisturizer, so it's no surprise that I liked this one. Might try it again in the future, but I have a lot of moisturizer to go through first. ~ 2 Sephora samples of Commodity Gold perfume - this is a warm, sweet scent that I really enjoy and I currently have a travel-size spray. ~ Living Proof perfect hair day shampoo - if you remember when I finished the conditioner, you'll recall that I hated this pair of shampoo and conditioner and I used it up as a shaving cream. Would not repurchase. ~ Estee Lauder sumptuous infinite mascara - this has a plastic bristle brush, which I normally don't like, but

Pan that Palette March Update

So last month my goals were to hit pan on "5th Ave" and "Marina" and I did not meet them. I did, however, hit pan on "NYC" and I'm happy to have something to show for my time with this thing. Since I used mostly "Marina" and "Paris" I think  I have bigger dips in them, but it's hard to say for sure. Anyway, here's a picture: For this next month's goals, I'm going big - I want to hit pan on "Marina," "Paris," and "5th Ave." Again, we'll see. I'm still working away at "Lula" since I use it in the crease, but it doesn't take very much to do what I need it to do.

Finish 5 by Fall - finale

I know this was a short project, but here are my results! 1) Bobbi Brown "Babe" has lived in my purse this month. I think I applied it a few times, but I did pitifully on this product. I ended up being more drawn to my Buxom VaVa Plump in "wine me" which is a dark pink/berry and that should be done in a few days. So some  lip product progress, but not as much as intended. Not enough progress to show a picture. Also I forgot what purse I put it in. Oops. 2) Becca SSP pressed "Moonstone" - I can see the pan, but that might be due more to air bubbles from repressing rather than true progress. 3) ABH Master Palette by Mario, "Lula" - still no pan. I'm going to keep using it as part of my Pan that Palette, so stay tuned. 4) finish "cream" from the original Lorac Pro - complete! I can't reach the little bits in the corners with my brush anymore, and I can't be bothered to repress that little for a second time. 5)