Skip to main content

April Empties

I finished seven items during the month of April (well, six if you don't count the Sephora sample, but I do). I'll go clockwise from the perfume sample with the hot air balloon on it:

~ Replica perfume in "flying": this was a light citrusy, almost herbal scent. It smelled like going into a store at the mall that had an incense section. The sprayer on the sample was awesome. Other than that, would not purchase in a larger size (also it's hella expensive).
~ Fresh rose face mask foil sample: this feels nice on my face, not really sure if it did anything. If I got another sample, I would use it. I wouldn't seek out this product.
~ Drybar detox dry shampoo (sample from Sephora Play): this was very scented, like I could still smell it the next morning if I put it in at night kind of scented. And if I got it too close to my head, it left a white cast. I'm glad I got to try it, but I would not purchase it.
~ Glamglow youthmud (sample from Sephora Play): I should have known, since "mud" is in the name, but this was mud. I found sticks in it. I do not like tingly sticks on my face. I felt exfoliated after...but sticks. Would not purchase. Would pawn off on someone else if I got another sample.
~ Clinique pep start eye cream (point perk sample from Sephora): I liked the texture, but I feel like it irritated my eyes after a while of being on. Would not purchase.
~ Sunday Riley Good Genes (sample from Sephora store): I don't know what I was expecting from this. To have suddenly beautiful skin? For it to sing me a song? It smells nice and it makes me feel fancy to use. I think I would have to use it for longer to really give a review of its' results. I already have a 100 point perk sample of this, so maybe I'll have an opinion then. I don't know if I would purchase this, simply because of the price, but I would definitely snatch up point perks and samples.
~ Benefit pore-fessional primer foil. I got about three uses out of this foil using it under my eyes. I like putting it there since it has a bit of color to it so it makes me feel like I'm getting extra coverage. I have another foil of this that might make an appearance next month. I don't think I would seek out another sample, nor would I purchase.

Goals for May
~ No-buy for makeup, skincare, & hair care - I have two orders that will arrive in May, but I'm not going to purchase anything. If I run out of something, I'm gonna have to figure it out. I highly doubt I'll run out of anything though. The exception is that I'm not going to cancel Sephora Play for a month because the service doesn't work like that.
~ Work on Fire & Ice project pan (updates on blog) and the 6 by Summer Solstice project pan (updates on r/makeuprehab) to move some items out & get use out of under-loved products.
~ Actually use bronzer. I currently only own a deluxe sample size of Too Faced Chocolate Soleil. I'm not sure it's the best color for me, but I can't really know for sure unless I wear the crap out of it. If I determine that it's not the best color match, then maybe I can get a different one once my no-buy is over.
~ non-makeup goal: finish The Martian - I've been carrying this thing around everywhere, and I'm almost done.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 2018 Empties

Y'all. This month looks pitiful compared to past months. I suspect it's because I've mainly been using full-sized skincare so I'm not blazing through as much as I have been. ~ It cosmetics secret sauce moisturizer sample - was a little too much for my oily skin. would not repurchase. ~ Mario Badescu herbal rehydrating serum sample set - this was a gel moisturizer, so it's no surprise that I liked this one. Might try it again in the future, but I have a lot of moisturizer to go through first. ~ 2 Sephora samples of Commodity Gold perfume - this is a warm, sweet scent that I really enjoy and I currently have a travel-size spray. ~ Living Proof perfect hair day shampoo - if you remember when I finished the conditioner, you'll recall that I hated this pair of shampoo and conditioner and I used it up as a shaving cream. Would not repurchase. ~ Estee Lauder sumptuous infinite mascara - this has a plastic bristle brush, which I normally don't like, but

Pan that Palette March Update

So last month my goals were to hit pan on "5th Ave" and "Marina" and I did not meet them. I did, however, hit pan on "NYC" and I'm happy to have something to show for my time with this thing. Since I used mostly "Marina" and "Paris" I think  I have bigger dips in them, but it's hard to say for sure. Anyway, here's a picture: For this next month's goals, I'm going big - I want to hit pan on "Marina," "Paris," and "5th Ave." Again, we'll see. I'm still working away at "Lula" since I use it in the crease, but it doesn't take very much to do what I need it to do.

February 2018 Empties

I have a couple products in here I'm particularly proud to have finished up. It was a very productive month considering it was the shortest! Clockwise from top left: ~ Marc Jacobs "Decadence" and "Divine Decadence" foil sample card - I honestly can't tell the difference between these two scents, but I do like them. They had a sweet, slightly floral scent. The fiance isn't the biggest fan though, so I would not purchase a larger size. ~ YSL "Mon Paris" sample - I thought I would like this more than I did. It's also a sweet floral, but once on my skin it started to smell more powdery and chemical-y. Would not purchase. ~ Elizabeth and James "Nirvana Black" DS rollerball - I've had this for a while, and I think it started to go off on me. It's a warm and spicy scent that I used to enjoy more. Might repurchase. ~ Too Faced lip injection glossy "Milkshake" - This was a surprise love from last February