Skip to main content

Fire & Ice Project Pan [Intro]

A couple of the Youtubers I watch (EyesOnAllison and Abby from MakeLifeYourRunway) are participating in this project, and I thought I'd join in. It's a four month long project pan with 4-6 products. One product has to be red, orange, or yellow for fire; another has to be blue, silver/grey, or white for ice. The rest of the items can be whatever you want. It started at the end of April and will go through the end of August. I'll try to update monthly - most likely, the youtube updates will remind me.

~ Fire item: hit pan on "Firecracker," the sparkly red-orange shade in the Tartelette in Bloom palette. TiB is my oldest eye shadow palette, so I'm trying to incorporate it into projects so I can get more use out of it. Picture below.
~ Ice item: use up Tarte Smooth Operator loose setting powder deluxe sample. I'm about halfway through now so I think I can finish it during this project. Picture below.
~ Dr Jart sunscreen deluxe sample (aim to finish). With the weather warming up and the amount of time I spend in the sun increasing, I want to make sure I actually remember to put on sunscreen.
~ Garnier Fructis dry shampoo (aim to finish). I have four dry shampoos kicking around, so it'll be nice to move this one out.
~ 2 perfume samples. I'm really feeling Marc Jacobs Daisy right now, so it'll most likely be two of those, but we'll see.
~ Laura Mercier radiance primer deluxe sample (aim to finish). This is already on it's last leg, but with summer coming I'm starting to make my own radiance. I enjoyed using this in the winter, but I'd like to see it go as it's one of the older items I own.

I'll try to keep this rolling, so if I meet one goal, I'll add something else in and include it in the next update.

This is what firecracker looks like for my intro. The lettering is still visible, so my goal for the next update is to wear down more of the lettering.

Here's the beginning of the smooth operator powder. There's a mark right above the barcode. I'll be happy if I can make another distinct line for the next update.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 2018 Empties

Y'all. This month looks pitiful compared to past months. I suspect it's because I've mainly been using full-sized skincare so I'm not blazing through as much as I have been. ~ It cosmetics secret sauce moisturizer sample - was a little too much for my oily skin. would not repurchase. ~ Mario Badescu herbal rehydrating serum sample set - this was a gel moisturizer, so it's no surprise that I liked this one. Might try it again in the future, but I have a lot of moisturizer to go through first. ~ 2 Sephora samples of Commodity Gold perfume - this is a warm, sweet scent that I really enjoy and I currently have a travel-size spray. ~ Living Proof perfect hair day shampoo - if you remember when I finished the conditioner, you'll recall that I hated this pair of shampoo and conditioner and I used it up as a shaving cream. Would not repurchase. ~ Estee Lauder sumptuous infinite mascara - this has a plastic bristle brush, which I normally don't like, but

Pan that Palette March Update

So last month my goals were to hit pan on "5th Ave" and "Marina" and I did not meet them. I did, however, hit pan on "NYC" and I'm happy to have something to show for my time with this thing. Since I used mostly "Marina" and "Paris" I think  I have bigger dips in them, but it's hard to say for sure. Anyway, here's a picture: For this next month's goals, I'm going big - I want to hit pan on "Marina," "Paris," and "5th Ave." Again, we'll see. I'm still working away at "Lula" since I use it in the crease, but it doesn't take very much to do what I need it to do.

February 2018 Empties

I have a couple products in here I'm particularly proud to have finished up. It was a very productive month considering it was the shortest! Clockwise from top left: ~ Marc Jacobs "Decadence" and "Divine Decadence" foil sample card - I honestly can't tell the difference between these two scents, but I do like them. They had a sweet, slightly floral scent. The fiance isn't the biggest fan though, so I would not purchase a larger size. ~ YSL "Mon Paris" sample - I thought I would like this more than I did. It's also a sweet floral, but once on my skin it started to smell more powdery and chemical-y. Would not purchase. ~ Elizabeth and James "Nirvana Black" DS rollerball - I've had this for a while, and I think it started to go off on me. It's a warm and spicy scent that I used to enjoy more. Might repurchase. ~ Too Faced lip injection glossy "Milkshake" - This was a surprise love from last February