Skip to main content

Pan that Palette 2018 Finale

My goal for 2018 was to pan the Anastasia Beverly Hills Master Palette by Mario. It's a limited edition palette from Christmas 2016, and it was a gift from my fiance (now husband). Since it's LE, I was hesitant to use particular colors and, to be honest, the palette as a whole - what if I run out and can't use it again?! Once you see my year-end progress, it will become clear that those fears were completely unfounded. Here's where I started the year:


You can see some nice dips, and there are clearly shades I enjoy. There are no pans.

Here's how I ended the year (please excuse the lighting):

Over the course of the year I hit pan on: NYC, Kim, Muse, Marina, Lula, 5th Ave, Bronx, and Paris.

I didn't have any goals for using Hollywood or Claudia. I didn't make much visible progress on Isabel or Violeta.

A few notes about my makeup usage habits - I work three 12-hour shifts a week as a nurse. At the start of the year, I worked night shift and would thus be awake before my shift and would take the time to do a full makeup look as a way to relax before my shift. During the middle and end of the year I worked day shift, which meant I would wake up 30 minutes before rolling out the door with barely enough time to choke down some food and coffee, and then would be awake to relax after my shift instead of before. This means that night shift = 7 days/week of makeup and day shift = 4 days/week of makeup. Would I have made more progress on permanent night shift? Sure. Do I like sleep and my circadian rhythm more? Absolutely. No regrets.

I used this palette every other week in order to rotate through my other palettes. I learned that I really do love the ABH formula. The shadows apply easily, blend well, and wear nicely throughout the day (post-makeup night shift always looked a little rough, let's be real). If I hadn't done Pan that Palette, I probably would have stuck to Marina and Paris #playingitsafe - it turned out that Kim was one of my favorite shades, Muse isn't as scary red as it looks and a combo of 5th Ave and Bronx brings out all the beautiful golden tones in the olive color.

Moving into 2019, I don't think I'll do another year-long Pan that Palette. Instead, I might hone in on specific palettes (like my Tartelette in Bloom for my 6 by Spring) or specific shades when I do different project pans. I just have too much eyeshadow for me to devote myself to one palette all year and neglect the others. Here's to a year of more using than purchasing!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 2018 Empties

Y'all. This month looks pitiful compared to past months. I suspect it's because I've mainly been using full-sized skincare so I'm not blazing through as much as I have been. ~ It cosmetics secret sauce moisturizer sample - was a little too much for my oily skin. would not repurchase. ~ Mario Badescu herbal rehydrating serum sample set - this was a gel moisturizer, so it's no surprise that I liked this one. Might try it again in the future, but I have a lot of moisturizer to go through first. ~ 2 Sephora samples of Commodity Gold perfume - this is a warm, sweet scent that I really enjoy and I currently have a travel-size spray. ~ Living Proof perfect hair day shampoo - if you remember when I finished the conditioner, you'll recall that I hated this pair of shampoo and conditioner and I used it up as a shaving cream. Would not repurchase. ~ Estee Lauder sumptuous infinite mascara - this has a plastic bristle brush, which I normally don't like, but

Pan that Palette March Update

So last month my goals were to hit pan on "5th Ave" and "Marina" and I did not meet them. I did, however, hit pan on "NYC" and I'm happy to have something to show for my time with this thing. Since I used mostly "Marina" and "Paris" I think  I have bigger dips in them, but it's hard to say for sure. Anyway, here's a picture: For this next month's goals, I'm going big - I want to hit pan on "Marina," "Paris," and "5th Ave." Again, we'll see. I'm still working away at "Lula" since I use it in the crease, but it doesn't take very much to do what I need it to do.

February 2018 Empties

I have a couple products in here I'm particularly proud to have finished up. It was a very productive month considering it was the shortest! Clockwise from top left: ~ Marc Jacobs "Decadence" and "Divine Decadence" foil sample card - I honestly can't tell the difference between these two scents, but I do like them. They had a sweet, slightly floral scent. The fiance isn't the biggest fan though, so I would not purchase a larger size. ~ YSL "Mon Paris" sample - I thought I would like this more than I did. It's also a sweet floral, but once on my skin it started to smell more powdery and chemical-y. Would not purchase. ~ Elizabeth and James "Nirvana Black" DS rollerball - I've had this for a while, and I think it started to go off on me. It's a warm and spicy scent that I used to enjoy more. Might repurchase. ~ Too Faced lip injection glossy "Milkshake" - This was a surprise love from last February