Skip to main content

Empties - June 2019

This past month, I came for my skincare foil samples with a vengeance. So this empties is, as always, mostly skincare with a little bit of makeup and haircare.

~ Exuviance performance peel - This is a two step kind of deal with an activated pad and a neutralizer pad. This sample contained one use, and I didn't see much of a change. I'm also in my 20s and am probably not the target audience. Wouldn't repurchase at this time.
~ boscia Clarifying Detox mask - Clay mask that dries on your face - meh. My skin felt maybe a little cleaner, but no other improvements. It was nice to use, but I probably wouldn't buy this again. I bought it at TJ Maxx a while ago, so goodness knows how old it is.
~ Mango Coconut Guava lotion - I have two sets of mini lotions like this from my family. So you can expect to see more little bottles like this. It smelled nice and has a thin texture, which is nice for the summer. I have seven more of these, so no need to repurchase anything right now.
~ Derma-E overnight peel - I used this a few times a week just to use it. I had a lot of breakouts during that time period, and I'm not saying this made me break out but it certainly didn't help. No desire to repurchase.
~ NARS "Laguna" bronzer sample - I always thought this would be too dark for me, but I think it looked pretty good. If I'm ever in a position to need to buy a bronzer, I would consider this one.
~ IGK direct flight dry shampoo - This decently controlled oil, didn't leave a buildup, and smelled nice. It's pretty expensive so I think I'll try out some more affordable options before buying any high-end dry shampoo.
~ Skin Laundry gentle foaming face wash - This was a basic, not super scented face wash. It was gentle enough that my husband also used it, so we used it as a travel face wash. Nothing special, so wouldn't repurchase.
~ Clinique blackhead solutions "self heating blackhead extractor" - No fantastic improvements in blackheads, but the heating feeling was nice. I might get another sample of this, but no desire to repurchase at this time.
~ Fresh umbrian clay purifying mask - It was a basic clay mask, except the green-gray color was a little scary. Would not repurchase since it's quite expensive.
~ Fresh rose hydrating eye gel cream - I don't need a ton of under-eye hydration, so this didn't do a ton for me. The texture was nice, but for how expensive it is I wouldn't repurchase.
~ Glow Recipe watermelon glow sleeping mask - I enjoyed using this as a night moisturizer. I have another, larger sample to use before I think about purchasing, but the texture was nice (y'all know I love a gel moisturizer) and the watermelon scent was light but lingered a bit.
~ Caudalie vine[activ] eye cream - I think I got this in a Sephora Play, which I stopped getting in 2017. So this was old, and I didn't get any of the great anti-aging benefits. Probably better for my wallet that way.
~ Jo Malone honeysuckle & davana sample - I liked this less the more I wore it, so I would not repurchase. It was one of those florals that just started to smell too sharp on me.
~ Atelier pacific lime sample - This was a light citrus, and I like the way it smelled on me. Unfortunately, the scent didn't last very long, so I probably wouldn't repurchase.
~ Smashbox photo finish foundation primer - We all know this silicone primer. It didn't play nicely with sunscreen (lots of pilling) so I wouldn't repurchase.
~ Benefit gimme brow deluxe sample - Soooooo, I finished this right after I added it into my 5 by Fall project pan. You could say it was a...gimme product. I did enjoy this, and might be tempted to pick up the full size in the event of a good sale.
~ Becca velvet blurring primer deluxe sample - I enjoyed this when I first started using it. It did a little blurring and gave a bit of a powdery finish. It also left a little bit of a tint (the product itself is a peachy color). There's a tiny bit left, but I think it's gone bad since it started coming out separated-looking and I was too grossed out to keep using it to the last drop.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 2018 Empties

Y'all. This month looks pitiful compared to past months. I suspect it's because I've mainly been using full-sized skincare so I'm not blazing through as much as I have been. ~ It cosmetics secret sauce moisturizer sample - was a little too much for my oily skin. would not repurchase. ~ Mario Badescu herbal rehydrating serum sample set - this was a gel moisturizer, so it's no surprise that I liked this one. Might try it again in the future, but I have a lot of moisturizer to go through first. ~ 2 Sephora samples of Commodity Gold perfume - this is a warm, sweet scent that I really enjoy and I currently have a travel-size spray. ~ Living Proof perfect hair day shampoo - if you remember when I finished the conditioner, you'll recall that I hated this pair of shampoo and conditioner and I used it up as a shaving cream. Would not repurchase. ~ Estee Lauder sumptuous infinite mascara - this has a plastic bristle brush, which I normally don't like, but

Pan that Palette March Update

So last month my goals were to hit pan on "5th Ave" and "Marina" and I did not meet them. I did, however, hit pan on "NYC" and I'm happy to have something to show for my time with this thing. Since I used mostly "Marina" and "Paris" I think  I have bigger dips in them, but it's hard to say for sure. Anyway, here's a picture: For this next month's goals, I'm going big - I want to hit pan on "Marina," "Paris," and "5th Ave." Again, we'll see. I'm still working away at "Lula" since I use it in the crease, but it doesn't take very much to do what I need it to do.

February 2018 Empties

I have a couple products in here I'm particularly proud to have finished up. It was a very productive month considering it was the shortest! Clockwise from top left: ~ Marc Jacobs "Decadence" and "Divine Decadence" foil sample card - I honestly can't tell the difference between these two scents, but I do like them. They had a sweet, slightly floral scent. The fiance isn't the biggest fan though, so I would not purchase a larger size. ~ YSL "Mon Paris" sample - I thought I would like this more than I did. It's also a sweet floral, but once on my skin it started to smell more powdery and chemical-y. Would not purchase. ~ Elizabeth and James "Nirvana Black" DS rollerball - I've had this for a while, and I think it started to go off on me. It's a warm and spicy scent that I used to enjoy more. Might repurchase. ~ Too Faced lip injection glossy "Milkshake" - This was a surprise love from last February