Skip to main content

Finish 6 by Christmas - update #1

You can check out the intro post for a picture of the whole family (of products) together, but here's a quick refresher on my plan for this project:

1 ~ finish Bite "Pepper"
2 ~ hit pan on Colourpop "Fluffy"
3 ~ hit pan on "Bronx" in the ABH Master Palette by Mario
4 ~ finish Buxom "Dolly"
5 ~ finish L'Oreal eyeliner "highlight"
6 ~ finish Too Faced Hangover primer


1 ~ "Pepper" - I'm excited about the amount of progress I made on this one! It's easy to reapply and looks good even without a full face of makeup. I don't think I'll be done by the next update, but I'm hoping for a similar amount of progress.

2 ~ "Fluffy" - I can't see too much progress on this one, which is disappointing since I've been using this pretty much every day I do eye makeup. I have to be close, judging on the other Super Shock shadow I already have pan on. I'm hoping to have hit pan by next month.

3 ~ "Bronx" - Sorry for the terrible photo quality on this one - not much progress to see anyway. The eye look I've been gravitating towards this past month has been: Fluffy on the inner half of my lid with Bronx on the outer half. There's enough gold in this shade that they blend pretty well where they meet in the middle. I'm guessing pan by next month is unlikely, but I'm going to keep on going with this as best I can.

4 ~ "Dolly" - another good bit of progress! That's probably because it's so small, but I'll take it! It looks good over Pepper or by itself and it's not too sticky. I know last month I thought I could finish this, so maybe next month I can do it? I'll just be very glossy for a while.

5 ~ highlighting eyeliner - Sad, sad amount of progress. Look at how close those lines are. I only used it enough to have to sharpen it maybe once or twice. It also doesn't take that much progress to cover the inner corners of my eyes. 

6 ~ Too Faced Hangover primer - There's no picture for this one since the packaging is opaque. I have to shake it before I use it now, so I'm thinking that I'm getting close to the end. I really hope I can move this out by the next update - I don't think it does a whole lot for me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 2018 Empties

Y'all. This month looks pitiful compared to past months. I suspect it's because I've mainly been using full-sized skincare so I'm not blazing through as much as I have been. ~ It cosmetics secret sauce moisturizer sample - was a little too much for my oily skin. would not repurchase. ~ Mario Badescu herbal rehydrating serum sample set - this was a gel moisturizer, so it's no surprise that I liked this one. Might try it again in the future, but I have a lot of moisturizer to go through first. ~ 2 Sephora samples of Commodity Gold perfume - this is a warm, sweet scent that I really enjoy and I currently have a travel-size spray. ~ Living Proof perfect hair day shampoo - if you remember when I finished the conditioner, you'll recall that I hated this pair of shampoo and conditioner and I used it up as a shaving cream. Would not repurchase. ~ Estee Lauder sumptuous infinite mascara - this has a plastic bristle brush, which I normally don't like, but

Pan that Palette March Update

So last month my goals were to hit pan on "5th Ave" and "Marina" and I did not meet them. I did, however, hit pan on "NYC" and I'm happy to have something to show for my time with this thing. Since I used mostly "Marina" and "Paris" I think  I have bigger dips in them, but it's hard to say for sure. Anyway, here's a picture: For this next month's goals, I'm going big - I want to hit pan on "Marina," "Paris," and "5th Ave." Again, we'll see. I'm still working away at "Lula" since I use it in the crease, but it doesn't take very much to do what I need it to do.

February 2018 Empties

I have a couple products in here I'm particularly proud to have finished up. It was a very productive month considering it was the shortest! Clockwise from top left: ~ Marc Jacobs "Decadence" and "Divine Decadence" foil sample card - I honestly can't tell the difference between these two scents, but I do like them. They had a sweet, slightly floral scent. The fiance isn't the biggest fan though, so I would not purchase a larger size. ~ YSL "Mon Paris" sample - I thought I would like this more than I did. It's also a sweet floral, but once on my skin it started to smell more powdery and chemical-y. Would not purchase. ~ Elizabeth and James "Nirvana Black" DS rollerball - I've had this for a while, and I think it started to go off on me. It's a warm and spicy scent that I used to enjoy more. Might repurchase. ~ Too Faced lip injection glossy "Milkshake" - This was a surprise love from last February