Skip to main content

Empties - April 2019

This month had me finishing off more actual products, and fewer foil packets, so I feel like I've actually made some progress on moving things out of my collection.


~ Clinique take the day off balm - this is the second or third one of these I've finished off and I've already purchased its' replacement. It's the only way I actually get all my mascara off at night and don't end up waking up as a raccoon.
~ Philosophy purity cleanser foil - This does the job for me, but isn't really anything special in my experience. I get these as samples frequently and don't mind using it that way, but wouldn't purchase.
~ Sephora collection rose cleansing cream - The rose scent was nice, but this left my face feeling kind of slippy and may have been the cause of some painful breakouts. Would not purchase or use again as a sample.
~ Drunk Elephant beste jelly cleanser - This was mild, unscented, and okay. And I think that's all it's intended to be. I have another of this size, and I'll be happy to use that one up as well.
~ L'Oreal infallible eyeliner in "highlight" - FINALLY finished this up. It's been my inner corner base for what feels like forever. It was one of the first products I bought as I was getting into makeup, so it's pretty old for what it is. Happy to see this moved out.
~ Viktor & Rolf BonBon sample - The notes for this are listed as "Caramel, Mandarin, and Orange Blossom" but I didn't really get fruit or floral from this, mainly just the sweetness of the caramel. Meh, would not repurchase.
~ Miss Dior blooming bouquet sample - The notes are "Grapefruit and Musk" but I just got floral from this, and however much I enjoy florals as they spray out, they tend to wear very "grandma" on me. Would not repurchase.
~ Lancome youth activating eye cream - I used this as my night eye cream, and I enjoyed the texture and the next-day feel of this. Can't really speak to the anti-aging properties. I would use this again, but I have a backlog of eye creams, so I won't be in the market for a new one any time soon.
~ Too Faced peach mist mattifying setting spray - I love the scent of this, and I feel like it helps a bit with mattifying makeup. I'm probably just paying for the "peach mist" experience when applying my makeup, but I did already repurchase the full size of this.
~ Dionis hand cream "verbena and cream" - This was pretty old, so I used it up rather quickly by applying it to my legs and hands at night. I'm not going to repurchase this as there are other lotions I prefer.
~ Sephora collection bright future gel serum concealer "04 - buttercream" - I think this has been discontinued, which is a shame since I might have repurchased this. It's a bit similar to Maybelline fit me concealer, so there's always that.
~ Fresh sugar tinted lip balm "nude" - I used this up as my work lip balm. It was moisturizing and a little bit tinted, but the shade was too light-pink to be flattering on me. Would not repurchase this shade (I'm currently using the shade "rose" as my work lip balm).
~ Becca shimmering skin perfector pressed "Moonstone" - You might remember this product from my last project pan, so you know how much I enjoyed using this product. If I didn't already have enough highlighter to last the rest of my life, I would definitely consider buying this. If it came up as a point perk or something I would snatch it up guilt-free.

I've been focusing on some "everyday" products that have been hanging around for a while, so hopefully I'll have some good products to show next month. I'm honestly just going for the low-hanging fruit just to move some things out, and they've been taking longer than expected. Such is life (and panning).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 2018 Empties

Y'all. This month looks pitiful compared to past months. I suspect it's because I've mainly been using full-sized skincare so I'm not blazing through as much as I have been. ~ It cosmetics secret sauce moisturizer sample - was a little too much for my oily skin. would not repurchase. ~ Mario Badescu herbal rehydrating serum sample set - this was a gel moisturizer, so it's no surprise that I liked this one. Might try it again in the future, but I have a lot of moisturizer to go through first. ~ 2 Sephora samples of Commodity Gold perfume - this is a warm, sweet scent that I really enjoy and I currently have a travel-size spray. ~ Living Proof perfect hair day shampoo - if you remember when I finished the conditioner, you'll recall that I hated this pair of shampoo and conditioner and I used it up as a shaving cream. Would not repurchase. ~ Estee Lauder sumptuous infinite mascara - this has a plastic bristle brush, which I normally don't like, but

Pan that Palette March Update

So last month my goals were to hit pan on "5th Ave" and "Marina" and I did not meet them. I did, however, hit pan on "NYC" and I'm happy to have something to show for my time with this thing. Since I used mostly "Marina" and "Paris" I think  I have bigger dips in them, but it's hard to say for sure. Anyway, here's a picture: For this next month's goals, I'm going big - I want to hit pan on "Marina," "Paris," and "5th Ave." Again, we'll see. I'm still working away at "Lula" since I use it in the crease, but it doesn't take very much to do what I need it to do.

February 2018 Empties

I have a couple products in here I'm particularly proud to have finished up. It was a very productive month considering it was the shortest! Clockwise from top left: ~ Marc Jacobs "Decadence" and "Divine Decadence" foil sample card - I honestly can't tell the difference between these two scents, but I do like them. They had a sweet, slightly floral scent. The fiance isn't the biggest fan though, so I would not purchase a larger size. ~ YSL "Mon Paris" sample - I thought I would like this more than I did. It's also a sweet floral, but once on my skin it started to smell more powdery and chemical-y. Would not purchase. ~ Elizabeth and James "Nirvana Black" DS rollerball - I've had this for a while, and I think it started to go off on me. It's a warm and spicy scent that I used to enjoy more. Might repurchase. ~ Too Faced lip injection glossy "Milkshake" - This was a surprise love from last February