Skip to main content

Empties - May 2019

I finished one makeup item, and was able to move out more skincare and perfume samples. Slow but steady progress!


(top row, left to right)
~ Olly x Sephora Collection skin detox gummy vitamins - I know what you're thinking, yes they're vitamins not makeup/skincare/etc. BUT I bought them from Sephora during the sale and they came out of my beauty budget, so they're going in the empties! I didn't see any results from these (color us all surprised), so I would not repurchase.
~ Drunk Elephant C-Tango eye cream deluxe sample - This was nicely hydrating for the daytime, but I didn't see any thrilling results so I don't think I'd repurchase at this time (so expensive), but I'd happily use another sample.
~ First Aid Beauty acne clearing charcoal cleanser - No acne improvement, okay cleanser but not my favorite. Would not repurchase.
~ Philosophy purity cleanser foil - I keep acquiring these and thus keep using them up. No complaints, no raves. I still have another foil kicking around I think.
~ Tocca "Stella" sample - too sharply floral on me, would not repurchase
~ Jo Malone "Honeysuckle and Davinah" sample - also pretty sharp on me, and I have another sample I'm working on for June.
~ Viva La Juicy sample - The juicy fragrances always smell nice and light and wear well on me. Unfortunately, they also remind me of middle and high school when everyone would reapply perfume after gym class.

(bottom row, left to right)
~ ABH brow wiz "medium brown" - glad to have this moved out! It took about a year, and I've already repurchased its' replacement during the Ulta 21 days of beauty.
~ Mario Badescu buttermilk moisturizer - This was light enough to be a daytime moisturizer for me, and I think the small amount of acids in it helped to brighten my complexion. I wasn't expecting to like this, but I would consider repurchasing it!
~ Charlotte's Magic Cream foil - Ain't nothing magical enough for $100+; besides that, it was a decent overnight moisturizer. Would not purchase a full size, but might consider if it's available as a point perk.
~ Briogeo Scalp Revival shampoo - I liked this a lot more before my move last summer (the water in my new location builds stuff up in my hair and makes it disgusting), so I had to slog through the last bits of it. Probably would not repurchase while we're living in our current area just because it doesn't agree with my hair anymore.

My plan for June is to continue working through my sample backlog. Since I've cut back on my purchasing, I'm starting to see a decrease in the size of my previously-overflowing skincare storage. It will be nice to intentionally acquire skincare for a change.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 2018 Empties

Y'all. This month looks pitiful compared to past months. I suspect it's because I've mainly been using full-sized skincare so I'm not blazing through as much as I have been. ~ It cosmetics secret sauce moisturizer sample - was a little too much for my oily skin. would not repurchase. ~ Mario Badescu herbal rehydrating serum sample set - this was a gel moisturizer, so it's no surprise that I liked this one. Might try it again in the future, but I have a lot of moisturizer to go through first. ~ 2 Sephora samples of Commodity Gold perfume - this is a warm, sweet scent that I really enjoy and I currently have a travel-size spray. ~ Living Proof perfect hair day shampoo - if you remember when I finished the conditioner, you'll recall that I hated this pair of shampoo and conditioner and I used it up as a shaving cream. Would not repurchase. ~ Estee Lauder sumptuous infinite mascara - this has a plastic bristle brush, which I normally don't like, but

Pan that Palette March Update

So last month my goals were to hit pan on "5th Ave" and "Marina" and I did not meet them. I did, however, hit pan on "NYC" and I'm happy to have something to show for my time with this thing. Since I used mostly "Marina" and "Paris" I think  I have bigger dips in them, but it's hard to say for sure. Anyway, here's a picture: For this next month's goals, I'm going big - I want to hit pan on "Marina," "Paris," and "5th Ave." Again, we'll see. I'm still working away at "Lula" since I use it in the crease, but it doesn't take very much to do what I need it to do.

February 2018 Empties

I have a couple products in here I'm particularly proud to have finished up. It was a very productive month considering it was the shortest! Clockwise from top left: ~ Marc Jacobs "Decadence" and "Divine Decadence" foil sample card - I honestly can't tell the difference between these two scents, but I do like them. They had a sweet, slightly floral scent. The fiance isn't the biggest fan though, so I would not purchase a larger size. ~ YSL "Mon Paris" sample - I thought I would like this more than I did. It's also a sweet floral, but once on my skin it started to smell more powdery and chemical-y. Would not purchase. ~ Elizabeth and James "Nirvana Black" DS rollerball - I've had this for a while, and I think it started to go off on me. It's a warm and spicy scent that I used to enjoy more. Might repurchase. ~ Too Faced lip injection glossy "Milkshake" - This was a surprise love from last February