Skip to main content

5 by Fall Project Pan - Update #1

I've made a lot of encouraging progress on the five products I picked last month. I even finished one product and rolled in another. I used my progress sheet as a backdrop, so you can have a little perspective on how much progress I made.

1) Stila Glitter & Glow "Smoldering Satin" - It's a good thing I'm not trying to finish this one. Because I will not. Up until recently I applied this by slathering the doe foot right across my eyelid, resulting in a ton of sparkle and a ton of fallout. I used one of my flatter brushes to paint it on, and it looks so much better that way. Still not an everyday look, but a little more tame.


2) Grande Lips hydrating lip plumper mini - Lots of progress! I've been applying this as a lip balm, and I think I can use it up before the next update.


3) NARS velvet matte lip pencil "Let's Go Crazy" - I've been liking this lip color with the orange eyeshadow I'm working on in my Pan Those Eyeshadows project pan. And it is indeed sharpen-able, so I'll be working on this for a while and will probably not finish it. My goal for the next update is just to make visible progress. The temptation to sharpen the heck out of it is so real, but I'll resist.


4) L'Oreal magic lumi concealer/highlighter "fair" - Most of the packaging is opaque, so it's exciting that I can now see the product moving into the clear part. This one I think I can finish before the next update. It's pictured on the paper, but there are no progress lines for this product.


5) My fifth product when I started was the Benefit Gimme Brow mini "3", but I finished it about a day or two after posting the product. You could say it was a...gimme product. I decided to roll in this mini setting powder to replace it - this is the CoverFX perfect setting powder in the shade "translucent light." I tried to turn it on its' side to measure progress, but it looks different every time, so let's just say I have less than half of the product left. I don't think I can finish by the next update, but hopefully it'll be gone by the end of the project.


I'm not sure whether or not I'll make this a rolling project. I might roll things in up to the point that I'll actually be able to "finish five by fall."Hopefully I'll have some good progress to show in my next post!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 2018 Empties

Y'all. This month looks pitiful compared to past months. I suspect it's because I've mainly been using full-sized skincare so I'm not blazing through as much as I have been. ~ It cosmetics secret sauce moisturizer sample - was a little too much for my oily skin. would not repurchase. ~ Mario Badescu herbal rehydrating serum sample set - this was a gel moisturizer, so it's no surprise that I liked this one. Might try it again in the future, but I have a lot of moisturizer to go through first. ~ 2 Sephora samples of Commodity Gold perfume - this is a warm, sweet scent that I really enjoy and I currently have a travel-size spray. ~ Living Proof perfect hair day shampoo - if you remember when I finished the conditioner, you'll recall that I hated this pair of shampoo and conditioner and I used it up as a shaving cream. Would not repurchase. ~ Estee Lauder sumptuous infinite mascara - this has a plastic bristle brush, which I normally don't like, but

Pan that Palette March Update

So last month my goals were to hit pan on "5th Ave" and "Marina" and I did not meet them. I did, however, hit pan on "NYC" and I'm happy to have something to show for my time with this thing. Since I used mostly "Marina" and "Paris" I think  I have bigger dips in them, but it's hard to say for sure. Anyway, here's a picture: For this next month's goals, I'm going big - I want to hit pan on "Marina," "Paris," and "5th Ave." Again, we'll see. I'm still working away at "Lula" since I use it in the crease, but it doesn't take very much to do what I need it to do.

February 2018 Empties

I have a couple products in here I'm particularly proud to have finished up. It was a very productive month considering it was the shortest! Clockwise from top left: ~ Marc Jacobs "Decadence" and "Divine Decadence" foil sample card - I honestly can't tell the difference between these two scents, but I do like them. They had a sweet, slightly floral scent. The fiance isn't the biggest fan though, so I would not purchase a larger size. ~ YSL "Mon Paris" sample - I thought I would like this more than I did. It's also a sweet floral, but once on my skin it started to smell more powdery and chemical-y. Would not purchase. ~ Elizabeth and James "Nirvana Black" DS rollerball - I've had this for a while, and I think it started to go off on me. It's a warm and spicy scent that I used to enjoy more. Might repurchase. ~ Too Faced lip injection glossy "Milkshake" - This was a surprise love from last February