Skip to main content

Pan those Eyeshadows Project Pan - July 2019 update

In April 2019 I chose five eyeshadows with a randomizer app that I'd use consistently until hitting pan. As I hit pan, I roll those shadows out and randomly choose others to replace them. Over the past month, I've had two eyeshadow looks I bounce back and forth between - super orange and super neutral. Once we get into the five eyeshadows I had to work with, you'll see why.

1) "Naked" from Urban Decay Naked
2) "Toasted" from Urban Decay Naked
3) "Burnt Orange" from Anastasia Beverly Hills Soft Glam
4) "Chauffeur" from Colourpop Yes Please
5) the "definer" shade on the left side of Wet n Wild Comfort Zone


 1) "Naked" - The saga continues. This lives here now.


2) "Toasted" - I think the dip is getting deeper? This was the lid shade for the neutral look, and I'm still enjoying this.


3) "Burnt Orange" - Why is this still here? Everyone who talks about how easy it is to pan ABH shadows - that has not been my experience with this shade. That being said, I've been more aggressive about using this shade this past month. I started using a more pointed, thicker brush to apply this to my crease and outer corner, so hopefully I'll start making quicker progress on this.


4) "Chauffeur" - In the pan and in a swatch, this looks like a ridiculous bright orange, and I was not ready for this. However, when I use a brush to apply it to my eyelid, it looks more like a gold-orange, and paired really nicely with "Burnt Orange." I may get sick of using this, but for now I'm pretty happy with it.


5) Left side "definer" - as a darker shadow, this fell into the category of shadows I would roll in for only one month at a time. I focused on the "D" area, but there's little to no progress to show. I'm glad I got to get this palette out, but am ready to not need to use this shade. It shows up black/gray on the eye, not sparkly brown, so meh.


Since I was able to cycle out the "definer" shade, I got to randomly choose another shade to add in. And I promise it was random. I got "Sin" from the Urban Decay Naked palette. Which you can see in the update picture for "Naked" but I'll put the photo below so you don't have to scroll.

I guess I know what shade is going in my inner corner for the rest of my life.
Since this is the third shade from the same palette, I randomized a few more times just to see what I would get. I randomly chose "Orange Soda" from Soft Glam, then "Champs" from Yes Please, and finally "Sweetheart" from Tartelette in Bloom before I gave up. The universe knows what it wants, apparently.

Here's the family photo of this coming month:


I did also hit a bonus pan this past month! I've been using "Tempera" from ABH Soft Glam to set my eyeshadow primer each day. Since hitting pan on this one, I've moved on to "Full Zip" in Yes Please (just to have some consistent use on something while this palette is in the project).


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 2018 Empties

Y'all. This month looks pitiful compared to past months. I suspect it's because I've mainly been using full-sized skincare so I'm not blazing through as much as I have been. ~ It cosmetics secret sauce moisturizer sample - was a little too much for my oily skin. would not repurchase. ~ Mario Badescu herbal rehydrating serum sample set - this was a gel moisturizer, so it's no surprise that I liked this one. Might try it again in the future, but I have a lot of moisturizer to go through first. ~ 2 Sephora samples of Commodity Gold perfume - this is a warm, sweet scent that I really enjoy and I currently have a travel-size spray. ~ Living Proof perfect hair day shampoo - if you remember when I finished the conditioner, you'll recall that I hated this pair of shampoo and conditioner and I used it up as a shaving cream. Would not repurchase. ~ Estee Lauder sumptuous infinite mascara - this has a plastic bristle brush, which I normally don't like, but

Pan that Palette March Update

So last month my goals were to hit pan on "5th Ave" and "Marina" and I did not meet them. I did, however, hit pan on "NYC" and I'm happy to have something to show for my time with this thing. Since I used mostly "Marina" and "Paris" I think  I have bigger dips in them, but it's hard to say for sure. Anyway, here's a picture: For this next month's goals, I'm going big - I want to hit pan on "Marina," "Paris," and "5th Ave." Again, we'll see. I'm still working away at "Lula" since I use it in the crease, but it doesn't take very much to do what I need it to do.

February 2018 Empties

I have a couple products in here I'm particularly proud to have finished up. It was a very productive month considering it was the shortest! Clockwise from top left: ~ Marc Jacobs "Decadence" and "Divine Decadence" foil sample card - I honestly can't tell the difference between these two scents, but I do like them. They had a sweet, slightly floral scent. The fiance isn't the biggest fan though, so I would not purchase a larger size. ~ YSL "Mon Paris" sample - I thought I would like this more than I did. It's also a sweet floral, but once on my skin it started to smell more powdery and chemical-y. Would not purchase. ~ Elizabeth and James "Nirvana Black" DS rollerball - I've had this for a while, and I think it started to go off on me. It's a warm and spicy scent that I used to enjoy more. Might repurchase. ~ Too Faced lip injection glossy "Milkshake" - This was a surprise love from last February