Skip to main content

Fall Beauty Focus - September 2019

I've enjoyed getting back into project panning and seeing progress on my makeup. Unfortunately, I can't help but feel as if I'm neglecting the rest of my collection when I'm focusing on a select amount of items for so long. For the month of September I plan to focus on a handful of items that either don't get enough love or need to be finished and leave. Like a combination "shop my stash"/"chopping block"/"project pan" and in the short-term. Because I have a lot of makeup and a short attention span, apparently.

Here are the five items I'll be making an effort to use during the month of September.

1) Buxom Va-Va Plump liquid lipstick in "Lights Down" - Sorry for my awkward hand, I thought a swatch would be nice. This is a great fall color since it's a warm rusty red/orange. I know it's not technically Autumn yet, but it's September and I AM READY. I don't use this that often in other seasons, so I'd like to use it more while I'm feeling it.



2) Hourglass ambient lighting powder mini in "Dim Light" - Send help, I still don't know how to use these. Is it a bronzer? A highlighter? An all-over face powder? Everything I've read/watched tells me it's a face powder, but that never really works out for me. My goal for this one is to find out how to use it or be able to set it free at the end of the month without feeling guilty about it.



3) Mac Fix+ mini - Everyone raves about this, but I don't get it. I guess the sprayer is nice, but I don't think it does anything special. I made a line on the side so I can see a starting point, and my goal is to use up or even finish this by the end of the month. I won't be doing anything crazy (not a lot of foiling eyeshadow in my future), just replacing my usual setting sprays with this guy.



4) Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Definer in "medium brown" - I alternate between this and the brow wiz and I don't really have a preference between the two. This one does give a more aggressive brow though. So I'll just be aggressively brow-y for the next month. I usually buy another brow pencil during Ulta's 21 Days of Beauty when the higher-end ones are 50% off. My goal is to get as close as possible to finishing this by the time I get a backup.



5) Jesse's Girl liquid eyeliner - There's no shade name, but it's black. This is a brush tip, which is my preferred eyeliner style since I'm clumsy and can't do any sort of wing/flick with any other type of liner. I currently have another liner open, and yet another still in plastic wrap (why so many? They're all the same color, I don't need all of them at once?), so it's time to focus on this one so I can finish it up and move it out.


Here's the whole group:


I'll post an update next month, and if I decide to continue this and rotate in five different products I'll do that in that post as well. As an aside, I won't continue my 5 by Fall project pan since I'm ready to move onto different products - the last update I posted will serve as the finale.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 2018 Empties

Y'all. This month looks pitiful compared to past months. I suspect it's because I've mainly been using full-sized skincare so I'm not blazing through as much as I have been. ~ It cosmetics secret sauce moisturizer sample - was a little too much for my oily skin. would not repurchase. ~ Mario Badescu herbal rehydrating serum sample set - this was a gel moisturizer, so it's no surprise that I liked this one. Might try it again in the future, but I have a lot of moisturizer to go through first. ~ 2 Sephora samples of Commodity Gold perfume - this is a warm, sweet scent that I really enjoy and I currently have a travel-size spray. ~ Living Proof perfect hair day shampoo - if you remember when I finished the conditioner, you'll recall that I hated this pair of shampoo and conditioner and I used it up as a shaving cream. Would not repurchase. ~ Estee Lauder sumptuous infinite mascara - this has a plastic bristle brush, which I normally don't like, but

Pan that Palette March Update

So last month my goals were to hit pan on "5th Ave" and "Marina" and I did not meet them. I did, however, hit pan on "NYC" and I'm happy to have something to show for my time with this thing. Since I used mostly "Marina" and "Paris" I think  I have bigger dips in them, but it's hard to say for sure. Anyway, here's a picture: For this next month's goals, I'm going big - I want to hit pan on "Marina," "Paris," and "5th Ave." Again, we'll see. I'm still working away at "Lula" since I use it in the crease, but it doesn't take very much to do what I need it to do.

February 2018 Empties

I have a couple products in here I'm particularly proud to have finished up. It was a very productive month considering it was the shortest! Clockwise from top left: ~ Marc Jacobs "Decadence" and "Divine Decadence" foil sample card - I honestly can't tell the difference between these two scents, but I do like them. They had a sweet, slightly floral scent. The fiance isn't the biggest fan though, so I would not purchase a larger size. ~ YSL "Mon Paris" sample - I thought I would like this more than I did. It's also a sweet floral, but once on my skin it started to smell more powdery and chemical-y. Would not purchase. ~ Elizabeth and James "Nirvana Black" DS rollerball - I've had this for a while, and I think it started to go off on me. It's a warm and spicy scent that I used to enjoy more. Might repurchase. ~ Too Faced lip injection glossy "Milkshake" - This was a surprise love from last February