Skip to main content

Empties - October 2019

I'm happy with the skincare I was able to move out of my backup drawer - I've actually started to use some full-sized products since I've made it through so many of the minis. The perfume sample drawer is still going strong though. It's like a hydra - I use up one and two more pop up in its' place.

~ Ole Henriksen Counter Balance oil control hydrator - This was a good lightweight gel moisturizer for the summer months, but it had the same scent as the cleanser I previously finished and I'm not a fan of the scent. Probably would not repurchase.
~ Lancome sunscreen - This was a very thin liquid, even after shaking, and it left an oily sheen. Which was fine if I applied makeup over it, but I couldn't just leave a bare face. So I would not repurchase this.
~ Juliette Has a Gun "Moscow Mule" sample - The notes are "zesty lime and ginger" and I liked the spicyness of this for the transition to fall. I have another sample of this I'm planning to use in November.
~ YSL Mon Paris - This one has a ton of notes, including red berries, pear, white flower, musk, and patchouli (according to the Sephora website). It's very sweet on the top, which I like, but something in the base notes is kind of sharp and sneezy to me. I don't mind using the samples I get of this, but I can't see myself purchasing it.
~ Cerave foaming facial cleanser - This was unscented and basic and fine. I could probably repurchase this even though it doesn't excite me. Does cleanser need to be exciting? I don't think so, but my inner consumerist slave thinks it does. It's a struggle.
~ Estee Lauder advanced night repair eye - This was a luxurious, thick eye cream that made my eyes feel very soft in the morning. I don't think I'm at the point at which I need a heavy-duty night cream, but I would consider this one once I get there.
~ It Cosmetics superhero mascara - I do love a good volumizing mascara, and this one is no exception. It gave me those big butterfly lashes without feeling heavy throughout the day. I would consider purchasing this, but I still have a backlog of sample mascaras that will likely last me the next year or so, so we're a long way off from repurchasing any mascara.
~ Sunday Riley Good Genes mini - I want this to be the miracle product for me that it seems to be to the rest of the internet, but I'm not sure that it is. I still have a few samples hanging around that I'll totally use, but I'm not sure it'll be worth the coin to repurchase.
~ Bath and Body Works "Marshmallow Pumpkin Latte" hand cream - I use these as body & hand lotion, so I was able to use this fairly quickly. I tend to get coupons for free B&BW items so I get these free and already have many backups (in various scents).

Goals for November:
- use up a face mask
- finish a lipstick (you'll see which one in the Fall Beauty Focus update)
- use two more perfume samples (my usual system), then use Elizabeth & James Nirvana Bourbon (my perfume for the month, I'm very sad they discontinued the line)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 2018 Empties

Y'all. This month looks pitiful compared to past months. I suspect it's because I've mainly been using full-sized skincare so I'm not blazing through as much as I have been. ~ It cosmetics secret sauce moisturizer sample - was a little too much for my oily skin. would not repurchase. ~ Mario Badescu herbal rehydrating serum sample set - this was a gel moisturizer, so it's no surprise that I liked this one. Might try it again in the future, but I have a lot of moisturizer to go through first. ~ 2 Sephora samples of Commodity Gold perfume - this is a warm, sweet scent that I really enjoy and I currently have a travel-size spray. ~ Living Proof perfect hair day shampoo - if you remember when I finished the conditioner, you'll recall that I hated this pair of shampoo and conditioner and I used it up as a shaving cream. Would not repurchase. ~ Estee Lauder sumptuous infinite mascara - this has a plastic bristle brush, which I normally don't like, but

Pan that Palette March Update

So last month my goals were to hit pan on "5th Ave" and "Marina" and I did not meet them. I did, however, hit pan on "NYC" and I'm happy to have something to show for my time with this thing. Since I used mostly "Marina" and "Paris" I think  I have bigger dips in them, but it's hard to say for sure. Anyway, here's a picture: For this next month's goals, I'm going big - I want to hit pan on "Marina," "Paris," and "5th Ave." Again, we'll see. I'm still working away at "Lula" since I use it in the crease, but it doesn't take very much to do what I need it to do.

February 2018 Empties

I have a couple products in here I'm particularly proud to have finished up. It was a very productive month considering it was the shortest! Clockwise from top left: ~ Marc Jacobs "Decadence" and "Divine Decadence" foil sample card - I honestly can't tell the difference between these two scents, but I do like them. They had a sweet, slightly floral scent. The fiance isn't the biggest fan though, so I would not purchase a larger size. ~ YSL "Mon Paris" sample - I thought I would like this more than I did. It's also a sweet floral, but once on my skin it started to smell more powdery and chemical-y. Would not purchase. ~ Elizabeth and James "Nirvana Black" DS rollerball - I've had this for a while, and I think it started to go off on me. It's a warm and spicy scent that I used to enjoy more. Might repurchase. ~ Too Faced lip injection glossy "Milkshake" - This was a surprise love from last February