Skip to main content

6 by Spring Project Pan Intro

Wait, didn't you just do a "6 by Something" project pan? Yep. And I'm doing it again.

This is one of the more traditional seasonal project pans I've seen, and six products seemed like a good number for me from the last project (update coming soon). I first got into the makeup community about three years ago in the winter/spring and some of my original loved products are starting to age. I want to use this product to show some love to the older products in my collection. Thus you may see more progress than actual panning throughout this project. I'll start with a picture of all the products together, then I'll get into my goals for each of them.


Seeing them all together, there's a lot of pinky-neutral in here. Hopefully that'll make this extra-usable. 

~ Tarte Tartelette in Bloom: this was my first mid-range eyeshadow palette. I purchased it when I was still in college, so it was very high-end for me at the time. Now it's kind of meh, and I have shadow formulas I prefer over this one. By the end of this project it'll be about three years old and it doesn't smell the same anymore. I want to get as much use out of it as I can and then set it free.


~  NARS Audacious lipstick "Anita" - this lipstick started my love affair with expensive lipstick. The magnetic packaging makes me feel hella fancy and the formula is pretty long-wearing for a bullet lipstick. Alas, she is also getting old, and I want to finish this so it gets all the love it deserves.


~ Bite multistick "Gelato" - I haven't owned this for all that long, but I did get it at TJMaxx/Marshall's/etc so it's probably also a little bit old. I typically use this as a blush, so I haven't made all that much progress on this. I don't anticipate finishing this, but I'd like to be able to draw another line on that paper. That is so sad, but it goes so slowly!


~ Rimmel lipliner "Wild Clover" - I think I can finish this by the end of the project. Famous last words, I know. I already sharpened it after taking this picture because I like a sharp lip liner. And also I'm a dirty cheater.



~ NYX highlighter "Ritualistic": I originally purchased this as a dupe for Becca "Moonstone", which I now own and have nearly finished. I want to expand the pan on this and generally get some more use out of it. It's aging and not performing as well anymore. So if I have to wave goodbye at the end of the project it won't be because I don't like it anymore, it's because it went bad on me - and it definitely saddens me that my collection is now getting to that point.


 ~ L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte foundation "101 Classic Ivory": This is my only drugstore foundation, and it's also my favorite foundation in terms of both shade match and finish. This is the second one I've purchased. It doesn't show on the side of the packaging how much I have left, but it feels light and I think I can finish this by Spring.



The first day of Spring is March 20, 2019 so I'll be ending this project then. I think I'll be doing monthly updates to show my progress, and hopefully I'll have good progress to show!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 2018 Empties

Y'all. This month looks pitiful compared to past months. I suspect it's because I've mainly been using full-sized skincare so I'm not blazing through as much as I have been. ~ It cosmetics secret sauce moisturizer sample - was a little too much for my oily skin. would not repurchase. ~ Mario Badescu herbal rehydrating serum sample set - this was a gel moisturizer, so it's no surprise that I liked this one. Might try it again in the future, but I have a lot of moisturizer to go through first. ~ 2 Sephora samples of Commodity Gold perfume - this is a warm, sweet scent that I really enjoy and I currently have a travel-size spray. ~ Living Proof perfect hair day shampoo - if you remember when I finished the conditioner, you'll recall that I hated this pair of shampoo and conditioner and I used it up as a shaving cream. Would not repurchase. ~ Estee Lauder sumptuous infinite mascara - this has a plastic bristle brush, which I normally don't like, but

Pan that Palette March Update

So last month my goals were to hit pan on "5th Ave" and "Marina" and I did not meet them. I did, however, hit pan on "NYC" and I'm happy to have something to show for my time with this thing. Since I used mostly "Marina" and "Paris" I think  I have bigger dips in them, but it's hard to say for sure. Anyway, here's a picture: For this next month's goals, I'm going big - I want to hit pan on "Marina," "Paris," and "5th Ave." Again, we'll see. I'm still working away at "Lula" since I use it in the crease, but it doesn't take very much to do what I need it to do.

February 2018 Empties

I have a couple products in here I'm particularly proud to have finished up. It was a very productive month considering it was the shortest! Clockwise from top left: ~ Marc Jacobs "Decadence" and "Divine Decadence" foil sample card - I honestly can't tell the difference between these two scents, but I do like them. They had a sweet, slightly floral scent. The fiance isn't the biggest fan though, so I would not purchase a larger size. ~ YSL "Mon Paris" sample - I thought I would like this more than I did. It's also a sweet floral, but once on my skin it started to smell more powdery and chemical-y. Would not purchase. ~ Elizabeth and James "Nirvana Black" DS rollerball - I've had this for a while, and I think it started to go off on me. It's a warm and spicy scent that I used to enjoy more. Might repurchase. ~ Too Faced lip injection glossy "Milkshake" - This was a surprise love from last February