Skip to main content

November 2018 Empties

Another small round-up for this month. I'm still making an effort to work through my samples, and that's going well!


~ YSL Black Opium sample - yes, I still have these. Still enjoying making my way through using these up.
~ Juliette Has A Gun "Another Oud" - This smells like a fancy cigar and had pretty good lasting power. I enjoyed the sample but probably would not purchase a larger size. I don't really want to be known for smelling like a cigar.
~ Cristophe Robin purifying shampoo - Since my recent move, my hair has been a greasy mess (I think it hates the water in my new home state). This shampoo has been a lifesaver - my hair feels like normal hair again! I've already purchased a full size.
~ Too Faced Hangover Rx primer - finished as part of my project pan, didn't like this, wouldn't buy this.
~ Erborian CC cream "fair" - It was pretty nice, but didn't have a lot of coverage (as expected). If I ever want another CC cream it might be this one, but I'm good for now.
~ Benefit Watts Up - I used this under foundation for some extra glow. It took forever to use up, but wasn't a necessary step for me. Glad I was able to use it up, wouldn't repurchase.
~ Philosophy renewed hope in a jar moisturizer - Meh. Didn't really do a whole lot, wouldn't repurchase.
~ Hourglass veil mineral primer - I usually don't mind using this one, but it did not play nicely with the Drunk Elephant sunscreen I've been using. Maybe since they're both mineral products? Don't hate this, still have another foil sample of this.
~ Laura Mercier oil free tinted moisturizer "Cameo" - even though it's the one for oily skin types, I still feel like it made me a bit greasy. I feel like I've done this with this particular sample before. Wouldn't repurchase.
~ Drunk Elephant TCL Sukari Babyfacial - I love this, and I feel like it actually works. I use it maybe once a week, especially if I feel like I'm having a bad skin day. My skin feels softer and stays clearer. I purchased the gift set this year, so I have a full size now.
~ Bath & Body Works marshmallow pumpkin latte hand cream - I actually used this up as a body cream, since I don't really apply hand lotion during the day. The scent had pretty good lasting power - it was still there when I woke up in the morning. I think I actually have another one of these.
~ Fresh Rose deep hydration face cream - This was a light gel moisturizer. Didn't mind it, would totally use another sample, but probably wouldn't buy since it didn't wow me.
~ Sol de Janeiro brazilian bum bum cream - I love this, used it in 2-3 nights. I still have more samples hanging around, and I'm excited for the new scent they have coming out!
~ Ole Henriksen Pure Truth youth activating oil - Hated this. My husband said my face smelled like marijuana, and it stained my counters with its' orange coloring. Nope.
~ Ole Henriksen invigorating night transformation gel - This was okay. I've used it before they re-did the packaging and the names, and it didn't have that much of an effect, so I wouldn't purchase a full size.
~ Dr Jart+ Cicapair tiger grass color correcting treatment - basically a BB cream, I don't hate it, but like I discussed above, I'm not really a BB cream kind of gal. I also have 2 deluxe sizes of this from various sets.
~ First Aid Beauty facial radiance pads - Basically Stridex pads but slightly less effective and a lot less stinky. Didn't mind using this sample pack, but wouldn't repurchase.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 2018 Empties

Y'all. This month looks pitiful compared to past months. I suspect it's because I've mainly been using full-sized skincare so I'm not blazing through as much as I have been. ~ It cosmetics secret sauce moisturizer sample - was a little too much for my oily skin. would not repurchase. ~ Mario Badescu herbal rehydrating serum sample set - this was a gel moisturizer, so it's no surprise that I liked this one. Might try it again in the future, but I have a lot of moisturizer to go through first. ~ 2 Sephora samples of Commodity Gold perfume - this is a warm, sweet scent that I really enjoy and I currently have a travel-size spray. ~ Living Proof perfect hair day shampoo - if you remember when I finished the conditioner, you'll recall that I hated this pair of shampoo and conditioner and I used it up as a shaving cream. Would not repurchase. ~ Estee Lauder sumptuous infinite mascara - this has a plastic bristle brush, which I normally don't like, but

Pan that Palette March Update

So last month my goals were to hit pan on "5th Ave" and "Marina" and I did not meet them. I did, however, hit pan on "NYC" and I'm happy to have something to show for my time with this thing. Since I used mostly "Marina" and "Paris" I think  I have bigger dips in them, but it's hard to say for sure. Anyway, here's a picture: For this next month's goals, I'm going big - I want to hit pan on "Marina," "Paris," and "5th Ave." Again, we'll see. I'm still working away at "Lula" since I use it in the crease, but it doesn't take very much to do what I need it to do.

February 2018 Empties

I have a couple products in here I'm particularly proud to have finished up. It was a very productive month considering it was the shortest! Clockwise from top left: ~ Marc Jacobs "Decadence" and "Divine Decadence" foil sample card - I honestly can't tell the difference between these two scents, but I do like them. They had a sweet, slightly floral scent. The fiance isn't the biggest fan though, so I would not purchase a larger size. ~ YSL "Mon Paris" sample - I thought I would like this more than I did. It's also a sweet floral, but once on my skin it started to smell more powdery and chemical-y. Would not purchase. ~ Elizabeth and James "Nirvana Black" DS rollerball - I've had this for a while, and I think it started to go off on me. It's a warm and spicy scent that I used to enjoy more. Might repurchase. ~ Too Faced lip injection glossy "Milkshake" - This was a surprise love from last February