Skip to main content

6 by Spring Project Pan - update #1

This past month has yielded some progress, but picking so many mostly-full items means I won't see myself finishing a whole lot. Especially at the beginning of the project. I'm happy to get more use out of these products, especially since they're the ones that usually get shoved to the back of the line.

~ Tarte Tartlette in Bloom: There's really not any visible progress on this. I've been using this as a companion palette to a different more colorful, shimmery palette each week. It has been a decent "workhorse neutrals" palette. While I don't LOVE it as much as I did when I got it, I also am not as bored with it as I was when I put it into the project. I have more appreciation for its' place in my collection and I'm happy to continue using it.


~ NARS Audacious lipstick "Anita": If you look at the picture from the intro post, you'll see that I was in the "A" before, and now I'm into the "R" on the side of the lipstick. I love this lipstick. It goes well with pretty much any eye look I decide to do (I'm kind of boring so that may not say a lot). I'm not sure if I'll finish it any time soon, but I'm happy to continue using it.


~ Bite multistick "Gelato": Previously, I mentioned that I'd be happy if I could draw another line on the paper. I'm going to use this for at least another month since I'm still enjoying it. I don't know if it's because it's a cream product, but I tend to shy away from this when shopping my stash for blush. I'm happy to keep the momentum going.


~ Rimmel lip liner "Wild Clover": It looks so much bigger in the picture than it does in my hands. If I keep up that amount of progress, I'm not going to finish it by the end of this project. I don't usually reapply lip liner, but I might start. I probably won't. But I might.


~ NYX highlighter "Ritualistic": The area with pan looks a little bigger! That was my goal, and I'm going to consider it reached. At the end of the post, I'll show you what I'm replacing it with.


~ L'Oreal Infallible pro-matte foundation "101 Classic Ivory": No picture for this one since the product is sticking to the clear window of the packaging. It's starting to squirt a little bit at the end of the dollop I use for the day, so I need to shake it before squeezing it out of the tube. I think this one will be finished, maybe by the next update. I'll certainly miss it when it's gone.

I don't normally roll in products. Mostly because I'm burnt out by the time I finish a product that I just want to be freeeeee. However, after expanding the pan on "Ritualistic" I'm motivated to do some WORK on another highlighter. I initially purchased "Ritualistic" as a dupe for Becca "Moonstone". I have both, and don't need both. "Moonstone" already has pan on its' repressed self and I want to try to finish it up. Here's where I'm starting:


Goals for February: Progress? The only concrete progress I expect is to finish the "R" and get into the "S" on my NARS lipstick. And maybe finish my foundation. I'm just happy to be here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 2018 Empties

Y'all. This month looks pitiful compared to past months. I suspect it's because I've mainly been using full-sized skincare so I'm not blazing through as much as I have been. ~ It cosmetics secret sauce moisturizer sample - was a little too much for my oily skin. would not repurchase. ~ Mario Badescu herbal rehydrating serum sample set - this was a gel moisturizer, so it's no surprise that I liked this one. Might try it again in the future, but I have a lot of moisturizer to go through first. ~ 2 Sephora samples of Commodity Gold perfume - this is a warm, sweet scent that I really enjoy and I currently have a travel-size spray. ~ Living Proof perfect hair day shampoo - if you remember when I finished the conditioner, you'll recall that I hated this pair of shampoo and conditioner and I used it up as a shaving cream. Would not repurchase. ~ Estee Lauder sumptuous infinite mascara - this has a plastic bristle brush, which I normally don't like, but

Pan that Palette March Update

So last month my goals were to hit pan on "5th Ave" and "Marina" and I did not meet them. I did, however, hit pan on "NYC" and I'm happy to have something to show for my time with this thing. Since I used mostly "Marina" and "Paris" I think  I have bigger dips in them, but it's hard to say for sure. Anyway, here's a picture: For this next month's goals, I'm going big - I want to hit pan on "Marina," "Paris," and "5th Ave." Again, we'll see. I'm still working away at "Lula" since I use it in the crease, but it doesn't take very much to do what I need it to do.

February 2018 Empties

I have a couple products in here I'm particularly proud to have finished up. It was a very productive month considering it was the shortest! Clockwise from top left: ~ Marc Jacobs "Decadence" and "Divine Decadence" foil sample card - I honestly can't tell the difference between these two scents, but I do like them. They had a sweet, slightly floral scent. The fiance isn't the biggest fan though, so I would not purchase a larger size. ~ YSL "Mon Paris" sample - I thought I would like this more than I did. It's also a sweet floral, but once on my skin it started to smell more powdery and chemical-y. Would not purchase. ~ Elizabeth and James "Nirvana Black" DS rollerball - I've had this for a while, and I think it started to go off on me. It's a warm and spicy scent that I used to enjoy more. Might repurchase. ~ Too Faced lip injection glossy "Milkshake" - This was a surprise love from last February