Skip to main content

Empties - July 2019

There are actually some makeup products in here this month! And I've pretty much made it through most of my skincare foil packets, so now there will be slower progress as I make it through my deluxe sizes. Here's everything I finished up last month:


~ Garnier micellar water - I use this on a cotton pad to wash my face in the morning, and I've already repurchased this.
~ Too Cool for School egg cream mask - This was a nice sheet mask, but I don't think I would deliberately repurchase this.
~ Lancome Monsieur Big mascara - I really liked how much volume this gave me, and I would get this again. Unfortunately, I didn't finish this so much as I dropped it on the floor wand-down and had to stop using it.
~ Urban Decay perversion mascara - This one I did actually finish, or at least used for over three months until it got junky. I enjoy the volume on this one too, and I doesn't usually make my lashes feel heavy. I still have another mini of this one, so no need to repurchase at this time.
~ NARS audacious lipstick "Anita" - Ah, my first midrange/highend lipstick. It was pretty old, so it needed to go, but I'm going to miss having it in my collection. Eventually I'll repurchase it, but I need to get through some of my other lipsticks first.
~ Cristophe Robin purifying scalp scrub - I used this every other week or so when my hair needed a deep clean. This is in the same product family as the shampoo I use, so everything plays together nicely. I already had a backup travel size of this, otherwise I would have repurchased it.
~ Stila stay all day eye liner "intense black" - I got this as a gift with purchase from Sephora, and I'm glad I got to try it since it's so popular, However, it has a felt tip, which is just not my jam. I really prefer a brush tip, so I would not purchase this again, nor would I seek it out as a deluxe size.
~ Versace yellow diamond sample - These designer perfume samples are so tiny that they only last me like a day and a half with consistent reapplication. I remember this as a light floral, but not something I liked enough to purchase.
~ Versace bright crystal sample - pretty much the same as above
~ Boscia cactus water hydrating cream - Y'all know I love gel moisturizers, and this one was no exception. I used it as my night moisturizer and it worked nicely. I might repurchase, but I've got a ways to go with my backstock
~ Island Soap Candle Works lotion "Pikake Jasmine" - Two of my favorite floral scents, so I enjoyed applying this before bed. I'm currently working on another one from the set this came in and I still have a backup set (both were gifts).
~ Dr Dennis Gross alpha beta exfoliating moisturizer - I think I got 1.5 uses out of this, and it was fine. With a sample that small, I didn't really form any opinions.
~ Murad rapid resurfacing peel - This contained one peel pad. It felt like it was working? But again, with one pad I can't really form a detailed opinion.
~ First Aid Beauty face cleanser - Decent, basic face cleanser. This one never felt special enough for me to want to buy it, but I never mind using up a sample since it doesn't make my skin angry.
~ Philosophy purity face cleanser - I've used so many samples of this one. I'll keep getting samples, but I probably won't buy this. But you never know, after four or so more samples, I may be a convert.

I'm really happy with what I was able to move out of my collection last month. Hopefully with my 5 by Fall Project Pan in full swing, I'll be able to move more items out in August. Recently I've been in less of a rotating mood with my makeup products, so I've been seeing more progress on the items I use every day I do my makeup.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 2018 Empties

Y'all. This month looks pitiful compared to past months. I suspect it's because I've mainly been using full-sized skincare so I'm not blazing through as much as I have been. ~ It cosmetics secret sauce moisturizer sample - was a little too much for my oily skin. would not repurchase. ~ Mario Badescu herbal rehydrating serum sample set - this was a gel moisturizer, so it's no surprise that I liked this one. Might try it again in the future, but I have a lot of moisturizer to go through first. ~ 2 Sephora samples of Commodity Gold perfume - this is a warm, sweet scent that I really enjoy and I currently have a travel-size spray. ~ Living Proof perfect hair day shampoo - if you remember when I finished the conditioner, you'll recall that I hated this pair of shampoo and conditioner and I used it up as a shaving cream. Would not repurchase. ~ Estee Lauder sumptuous infinite mascara - this has a plastic bristle brush, which I normally don't like, but

Pan that Palette March Update

So last month my goals were to hit pan on "5th Ave" and "Marina" and I did not meet them. I did, however, hit pan on "NYC" and I'm happy to have something to show for my time with this thing. Since I used mostly "Marina" and "Paris" I think  I have bigger dips in them, but it's hard to say for sure. Anyway, here's a picture: For this next month's goals, I'm going big - I want to hit pan on "Marina," "Paris," and "5th Ave." Again, we'll see. I'm still working away at "Lula" since I use it in the crease, but it doesn't take very much to do what I need it to do.

February 2018 Empties

I have a couple products in here I'm particularly proud to have finished up. It was a very productive month considering it was the shortest! Clockwise from top left: ~ Marc Jacobs "Decadence" and "Divine Decadence" foil sample card - I honestly can't tell the difference between these two scents, but I do like them. They had a sweet, slightly floral scent. The fiance isn't the biggest fan though, so I would not purchase a larger size. ~ YSL "Mon Paris" sample - I thought I would like this more than I did. It's also a sweet floral, but once on my skin it started to smell more powdery and chemical-y. Would not purchase. ~ Elizabeth and James "Nirvana Black" DS rollerball - I've had this for a while, and I think it started to go off on me. It's a warm and spicy scent that I used to enjoy more. Might repurchase. ~ Too Faced lip injection glossy "Milkshake" - This was a surprise love from last February