Skip to main content

Pan those Eyeshadows Project Pan - August 2019 update

This update is a little later than I've been trying to post for this project because it took me forever to make any kind of meaningful progress. I was thiiiiis close to not posting an update at all. BUT I hit pan on one shadow at the last minute, so here we are. Here are the five shadows I worked with last month:

1) "Naked" from Urban Decay Naked
2) "Toasted" from Urban Decay Naked
3) "Burnt Orange" from Anastasia Beverly Hills Soft Glam
4) "Chauffeur" from Colourpop Yes Please
5) "Sin" from Urban Decay Naked

1&2) "Naked" & "Sin" - Sin has been my inner corner highlight shade, and I've been enjoying it for that, but I worry it will be a little too cool-toned to go with the orange looks I'll probably be doing for the next month. Meanwhile, Naked is still trucking along. There's still a nice-looking dip at the top, but it might be a few more months before I see pan on this, unfortunately. These pans are deep and the formula is pretty solid as well.



3) "Toasted" - Finally, a pan! It looks like I dug into the pan because that's exactly what I did, and I'm not ashamed. I enjoyed the look I made with this, but I'm ready to rotate it out. This past month, I only used this as my lid shade, totally ignoring Chauffeur.



4) "Burnt Orange" - I'm still working on that dip, and I think I'm getting close to pan. As I'll actually be using Chauffeur more next month, I anticipate using this one a bit more heavily, so hopefully I'll see pan. That's my goal, anyway.



5) "Chauffeur" (orange shade on the bottom) - I didn't use this during the past month, so there's no progress to show. I ignored it in favor of seeing progress (hitting pan!) on Toasted. This shade will be my focus for the next month, along with Burnt Orange.


Since I hit pan on Toasted, I get to roll in another shadow. When I randomized using the whole list of eyeshadows, I ended up with an untouched yellow shade from Colourpop Yes Please. I'm beginning to have my doubts about the randomness of the number generator as it clearly has palette preferences. I decided to do what one of the Youtubers I watch does, which is to randomize which palette, and then randomly choose which shade to use. With that system I ended up with "Rose Quartz" from the Anastasia Beverly Hills Sultry palette. It's a little similar to Toasted, but it's fine. At least I get to bust into another palette.


Here's this month's family photo (L-R Sin, Naked, Burnt Orange, Chauffeur, Rose Quartz):


Goals for the next update:
1) hit pan on Burnt Orange
2) make visible progress on anything else (I'm not picky)

If I don't have a pan to show by my usual update time, I'll just wait until I have something to show (and another shadow to rotate in).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 2018 Empties

Y'all. This month looks pitiful compared to past months. I suspect it's because I've mainly been using full-sized skincare so I'm not blazing through as much as I have been. ~ It cosmetics secret sauce moisturizer sample - was a little too much for my oily skin. would not repurchase. ~ Mario Badescu herbal rehydrating serum sample set - this was a gel moisturizer, so it's no surprise that I liked this one. Might try it again in the future, but I have a lot of moisturizer to go through first. ~ 2 Sephora samples of Commodity Gold perfume - this is a warm, sweet scent that I really enjoy and I currently have a travel-size spray. ~ Living Proof perfect hair day shampoo - if you remember when I finished the conditioner, you'll recall that I hated this pair of shampoo and conditioner and I used it up as a shaving cream. Would not repurchase. ~ Estee Lauder sumptuous infinite mascara - this has a plastic bristle brush, which I normally don't like, but

Pan that Palette March Update

So last month my goals were to hit pan on "5th Ave" and "Marina" and I did not meet them. I did, however, hit pan on "NYC" and I'm happy to have something to show for my time with this thing. Since I used mostly "Marina" and "Paris" I think  I have bigger dips in them, but it's hard to say for sure. Anyway, here's a picture: For this next month's goals, I'm going big - I want to hit pan on "Marina," "Paris," and "5th Ave." Again, we'll see. I'm still working away at "Lula" since I use it in the crease, but it doesn't take very much to do what I need it to do.

February 2018 Empties

I have a couple products in here I'm particularly proud to have finished up. It was a very productive month considering it was the shortest! Clockwise from top left: ~ Marc Jacobs "Decadence" and "Divine Decadence" foil sample card - I honestly can't tell the difference between these two scents, but I do like them. They had a sweet, slightly floral scent. The fiance isn't the biggest fan though, so I would not purchase a larger size. ~ YSL "Mon Paris" sample - I thought I would like this more than I did. It's also a sweet floral, but once on my skin it started to smell more powdery and chemical-y. Would not purchase. ~ Elizabeth and James "Nirvana Black" DS rollerball - I've had this for a while, and I think it started to go off on me. It's a warm and spicy scent that I used to enjoy more. Might repurchase. ~ Too Faced lip injection glossy "Milkshake" - This was a surprise love from last February