Skip to main content

Fall Beauty Focus - October 2019

I decided to take a break from a straightforward project pan - instead I decided to focus on a handful of products that I want to get more use out of or test out. During the month of September, I used:

~ Buxom Va-Va Plump liquid lipstick in "Lights Down" - I enjoyed using this, but it was more drying than I remember. It's a great orange color for fall though, and I'm glad I have it and that I was able to use it more. These were on sale during Ulta's 21 Days of Beauty, and I'm glad I didn't buy another one of these.
~ Hourglass ambient lighting powder mini "Dim Light" - I discovered that I can really only use this as a luminous bronzer. It's a little too dark for me to use as an all-over powder (like it's usually touted to be), and I'm not sure if it's worth keeping just to be another bronzer. So it might be decluttered in the future.
~ MAC Fix+ mini - This wasn't life-changing, but I was able to use up a bit more of this. I'll most likely put this back into my setting spray rotation, but won't repurchase when it's gone.
~ ABH Brow Definer "medium brown" - I had super thick brows in September thanks to this product, but I was not able to finish it up. As it's the oldest brow pencil in my collection it will make a project pan reappearance later, I'm sure.
~ Jesse's Girl liquid eyeliner - I was sure multiple times that this was done, but it's still kicking. The brush tip is starting to look a little suspicious, so I suspect it will wear out before it runs out, if that makes sense.

During the month of October, I'm planning to work on some recently-unloved products that need a little time to shine.

~ MAC prep + prime lip - Lip primer hasn't been a step in my routine, but I wish I had dug this out last month with "Lights Down" making my lips peel. Since I'm focusing on (spoiler alert) more liquid lipsticks, I think now is the time to bust this guy out.
~ Benefit Precisely, My Brow Pencil "4.5" - I just bought this during Ulta's 21 Days of Beauty, so I want to use it to decide if I like it. It's a skinny pencil, more like the ABH brow wiz than the brow definer I used last month.
~ Anastasia Beverly Hills Master Palette by Mario - I haven't really used this since it was my Pan that Palette, and I miss it. The shimmer formula is my favorite of the ones I own, and the colors are great for fall. I already have pan in most of the shades so I don't have any pan goals there, just want to enjoy this in conjunction with the shades from my Pan those Eyeshadows project pan.
~ Too Faced melted matte lipsticks - I bought the holiday set last year, found that I didn't hate the liquid lipstick formula, then stopped using them once warmer weather rolled around. The sweet fall/winter/holiday scents probably contributed to that. The shades are "Hot Buttered Rum" (warm brown), "Pumpkin Spice" (orange-brown), "Cinnamon Bear" (red), and "Sugar Cookie" (light pink-nude). My plan is to focus on one each week - if there's one I end up hating, it will be a good time to declutter, otherwise I'm just looking forward to getting use out of these.
~ Buxom full-on lip cream "White Russian" - I found a mini of this bouncing around my purse, and my goal is to use this guy up this month. I'm hoping it will balance well with my liquid lip month.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 2018 Empties

Y'all. This month looks pitiful compared to past months. I suspect it's because I've mainly been using full-sized skincare so I'm not blazing through as much as I have been. ~ It cosmetics secret sauce moisturizer sample - was a little too much for my oily skin. would not repurchase. ~ Mario Badescu herbal rehydrating serum sample set - this was a gel moisturizer, so it's no surprise that I liked this one. Might try it again in the future, but I have a lot of moisturizer to go through first. ~ 2 Sephora samples of Commodity Gold perfume - this is a warm, sweet scent that I really enjoy and I currently have a travel-size spray. ~ Living Proof perfect hair day shampoo - if you remember when I finished the conditioner, you'll recall that I hated this pair of shampoo and conditioner and I used it up as a shaving cream. Would not repurchase. ~ Estee Lauder sumptuous infinite mascara - this has a plastic bristle brush, which I normally don't like, but

Pan that Palette March Update

So last month my goals were to hit pan on "5th Ave" and "Marina" and I did not meet them. I did, however, hit pan on "NYC" and I'm happy to have something to show for my time with this thing. Since I used mostly "Marina" and "Paris" I think  I have bigger dips in them, but it's hard to say for sure. Anyway, here's a picture: For this next month's goals, I'm going big - I want to hit pan on "Marina," "Paris," and "5th Ave." Again, we'll see. I'm still working away at "Lula" since I use it in the crease, but it doesn't take very much to do what I need it to do.

February 2018 Empties

I have a couple products in here I'm particularly proud to have finished up. It was a very productive month considering it was the shortest! Clockwise from top left: ~ Marc Jacobs "Decadence" and "Divine Decadence" foil sample card - I honestly can't tell the difference between these two scents, but I do like them. They had a sweet, slightly floral scent. The fiance isn't the biggest fan though, so I would not purchase a larger size. ~ YSL "Mon Paris" sample - I thought I would like this more than I did. It's also a sweet floral, but once on my skin it started to smell more powdery and chemical-y. Would not purchase. ~ Elizabeth and James "Nirvana Black" DS rollerball - I've had this for a while, and I think it started to go off on me. It's a warm and spicy scent that I used to enjoy more. Might repurchase. ~ Too Faced lip injection glossy "Milkshake" - This was a surprise love from last February