Skip to main content

Empties - November 2019

I was on a roll with the skincare during the past month. I'm getting to the point at which I might have to actually purchase certain types of items again because I've run out of backups. I'm not quite there, but I can see it coming. Here's what I used up in the month of November:


~ Clinique Take the Day Off cleansing balm - This continues to be a staple product for me, and I have already repurchased.
~ Juliet Has A Gun "Moscow Mule" sample - I used up a sample last month as well, and I still really like this fragrance. Most of the scents I love are more Fall/Winter scents, so I have some perfume already in my collection to get some use on before I think about purchasing this one. But I might in the future.
~ Viktor & Rolf "Flowerbomb" sample - This is really popular, or at least heavily promoted at Sephora, and that's honestly its' biggest drawback. It's a spicy/sweet kind of scent that I really enjoy, but it doesn't feel like "me" so I'll use all the samples I get, but probably won't purchase.
~ Fresh Sugar "Rose" lip balm - This isn't as good as the non-colored balm, and it felt more waxy than the "Nude" I used up before. I have a backup still, but I don't think I would repurchase.
~ Drunk Elephant Shaba Complex eye serum - I used this as my daytime eye cream, and I don't have any complaints about it. However, it's expensive enough that I would have wanted to get a bit more out of it in order to want to repurchase.
~ Volition Turmeric Brightening Polish - This is the grittiest facial exfoliator I've ever used, and I mean that as a compliment. If I'm ever in the market for one (I tend to prefer chemical exfoliants to physical), I'll keep this one in mind.
~ Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Eye - This was like lotion for my eye skin. Lavender-scented lotion, which was nice. If you're in the market for that, by all means go for it. Since dry skin hasn't historically been my problem, so I probably would not repurchase this.
~ Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum - Using this actually has given me somewhat smoother skin. At least, when I do get breakouts my skin bounces back quicker and with less scar time. I have already repurchased this. I try to time it so I can buy it on a sale, but since Vitamin C is a bit of an unstable ingredient, it doesn't really benefit me to stock up (not that that's ever advisable with beauty products).
~ Farmacy Green Clean cleansing balm sample - Compared to my usual Clinique balm, this one is less oily, less effective, and more scented. Since the main benefit of a cleansing balm is that I put it all up in my eyeballs to remove mascara, none of those are perks. Also it's more expensive than the Cliniqe. Pass. Glad I got to try it, but pass.
~ Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum Cream - I've been hoarding my samples of this, so I finally decided to use and clear one out. I still love the scent (like, everyone loves the scent) and I still have backups, so no need to consider repurchasing at this time.
~ Lorac Behind the Scenes eyeshadow primer - This came with my Pro palette, so for a cream/liquid it's super old and I should not have used this for as long as I did. So I'm glad it's gone, and I don't plan to repurchase.
~ Tarte color splash lipstick "Set Sail" - I think I got this from a Sephora Play box in 2018? 2017? Anyway, it was an older, neutral lipstick in my collection and I'm glad I got enough use out of it to finish it up. It was one of those easy to gravitate to neutral, my lips but better, kind of shades I always love. The formula was a decently moisturizing satin finish, and I enjoyed using it. I have a lipstick problem, so I don't need to repurchase anything.
~ Sunday Riley Good Genes - I still really want to love this, but meh. I still have backups.
~ Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Pink Juice moisturizer - This was a lightweight gel-like moisturizer that I would totally use again, especially during the summer. The watermelon scent was a plus.

December goals - I really want to use up some makeup products before the end of the year. I don't even care which ones, I would just prefer to not lose things to being dropped or decluttered. Just good old fashioned usage.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 2018 Empties

Y'all. This month looks pitiful compared to past months. I suspect it's because I've mainly been using full-sized skincare so I'm not blazing through as much as I have been. ~ It cosmetics secret sauce moisturizer sample - was a little too much for my oily skin. would not repurchase. ~ Mario Badescu herbal rehydrating serum sample set - this was a gel moisturizer, so it's no surprise that I liked this one. Might try it again in the future, but I have a lot of moisturizer to go through first. ~ 2 Sephora samples of Commodity Gold perfume - this is a warm, sweet scent that I really enjoy and I currently have a travel-size spray. ~ Living Proof perfect hair day shampoo - if you remember when I finished the conditioner, you'll recall that I hated this pair of shampoo and conditioner and I used it up as a shaving cream. Would not repurchase. ~ Estee Lauder sumptuous infinite mascara - this has a plastic bristle brush, which I normally don't like, but

Pan that Palette March Update

So last month my goals were to hit pan on "5th Ave" and "Marina" and I did not meet them. I did, however, hit pan on "NYC" and I'm happy to have something to show for my time with this thing. Since I used mostly "Marina" and "Paris" I think  I have bigger dips in them, but it's hard to say for sure. Anyway, here's a picture: For this next month's goals, I'm going big - I want to hit pan on "Marina," "Paris," and "5th Ave." Again, we'll see. I'm still working away at "Lula" since I use it in the crease, but it doesn't take very much to do what I need it to do.

February 2018 Empties

I have a couple products in here I'm particularly proud to have finished up. It was a very productive month considering it was the shortest! Clockwise from top left: ~ Marc Jacobs "Decadence" and "Divine Decadence" foil sample card - I honestly can't tell the difference between these two scents, but I do like them. They had a sweet, slightly floral scent. The fiance isn't the biggest fan though, so I would not purchase a larger size. ~ YSL "Mon Paris" sample - I thought I would like this more than I did. It's also a sweet floral, but once on my skin it started to smell more powdery and chemical-y. Would not purchase. ~ Elizabeth and James "Nirvana Black" DS rollerball - I've had this for a while, and I think it started to go off on me. It's a warm and spicy scent that I used to enjoy more. Might repurchase. ~ Too Faced lip injection glossy "Milkshake" - This was a surprise love from last February